ADVERTISEMENT

Knob Creek Maple...

Nassau Royale - Rum Liquor
(it's so tasty good that I have to carefully ration myself) :D

Gentleman Jack or Makers - Bourbon
With a touch of cold spring water from my deep well. ;)
(Pappy, if you can find it and afford it) :eek:

That 5,000 year old Greek advice still holds good today:
Moderation in all things. :cool:

Scotch tastes like peat moss and rubbing alcohol.

I have a 12 year aged bottle of Glenfidditch, it's not too bad. As a comparison, I came across a bottle of blended malt rotgut in the cupboard a couple months ago, had a swallow, yeah, peat moss and rubbing alcohol.

Maybe you just need a higher quality scotch.

Reactions: Dannygator1989
Scotch tastes like peat moss and rubbing alcohol.

I had a bottle of 47 year aged $150 Crown Royal Salute. Poured a shot each for me and my better half. When they were empty, by mutual consent, I gave the bottle away to someone that liked peat moss and rubbing alcohol...
mail

The Dalmore was somewhat palatable.
You do realize that rubbing alcohol is the patron drink of all Air Force and Army members since the dawn of this country. They erroneously believe that they can get drunk off of it and as it's sold at all overseas bases and PX's, they think it's cheating the system to drink it. Somehow they also think it can get them touchdowns when they play against Navy by buttchugging it before kickoff, but that seldom seems to work for the better.

That said, i don't do the blended whiskeys. I stick with single cask and particularly speysides have a great flavor. Nothing peat moss or rubbing alcohol about that at all. You can go for a 12 year glen fiddich/livet and get a nice citrus flavor that goes very well in spring time. This time of year i would suggest the 15 year single cask glenlivet as it is well known to have that robust nutty and spice flavor that goes well with the holidays.

And it's something you can enjoy and not burn your damn throat on like the swill that most people hoark down. Just because it can double as paint thinner doesn't make it a man's drink.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Reckon it's a good thing I'm a Marine then.

my best friend is a marine sergeant. Served throughout the 90s (Morse code, Cuba, whatever MOS blah blah blah top secret security blah blah blah libertarian meh they wouldn't let him change to a different MOS.

dumb.

he claims that marine lube is what you get after you pass out camp and that it's the gayest of all branches.

A the gays. If you want a ****** (a bundle of rodS, if you will) that's the way to go.

yep. Danny is on Christmas vacation, I had a third straight record breaking year, I'm rewatching the Men that Built America for the 8th time, and only one of my eyes is sober while I laugh at how dumb people like Tesla we're.

destroying your completion will always be the truth.

merry Christmas.

also. I committed to a wedding date of somewhere around December 15 2020 and it will be Victorian based, classical, and I have to Make contact with my plant providers because I neeed to get some force-bloomed items for decoration.

I'm hindsight I might be drunk. I'm not sure what we were talking about.

my best friend is a marine sergeant. Served throughout the 90s (Morse code, Cuba, whatever MOS blah blah blah top secret security blah blah blah libertarian meh they wouldn't let him change to a different MOS.

dumb.

he claims that marine lube is what you get after you pass out camp and that it's the gayest of all branches.

A the gays. If you want a ****** (a bundle of rodS, if you will) that's the way to go.

yep. Danny is on Christmas vacation, I had a third straight record breaking year, I'm rewatching the Men that Built America for the 8th time, and only one of my eyes is sober while I laugh at how dumb people like Tesla we're.

merry Christmas.

also. I committed to a wedding date of somewhere around December 15 2020 and it will be Victorian based, classical, and I have to Make contact with my plant providers because I neeed to get some force-bloomed items for decoration.

sheesh. That guy should really get his alcohol under control.

M-A-R--I-N-E,,, CORPS
Mickey Mouse...
Jus-raggin' ya a little bit Evil.... :D

My other favorite starts like this, (maybe you know the rest?)
Sung to the marching cadence...
Ship me over, Sgt Major, I don't wanna leave the Corp,
Cause it loves me like a mother, and it ph ....... :D:D:D
(BTW, both of those were taught to me by Marine buddies over bottles of ale)

Not a Marine myself, but have several solid Marine family members and friends. :cool:
Back in the day, I sold my 500 (crotch-rocket) Kawasaki to a Marine buddy.
~ 386 LBs, 60 HP, then I double bored it out .0070 over.... :eek:
It didn't do wheelies, it jumped off the pavement into the air and was gooooone.
Only another 1/4 mile 'speed-freak' could appreciate it, so I sold it to one that was just as chit-crazy on 2 wheels as I was. ;)

The Marine Corps is an odd branch, its the most conservative of the 5, but somehow we manage to sneak in plenty of silly gay shit. There's a saying you leave three Marines alone together then two of them will act gay to annoy the third one.

Also according to the Pentagon, the Marine Corps is the most physically fit of the services.

So it wouldn't surprise me if that's true.

Last edited:
The Marine Corps is an odd branch, its the most conservative of the 5, but somehow we manage to sneak in plenty of silly gay shit. There's a saying you leave three Marines alone together and two of them will act gay to annoy the third one.
mail

Also according to the Pentagon, the Marine Corps is the most physically fit of the services.
So it wouldn't surprise me if that's true.

Yep, they stay pretty fit,,, running away from the swabbies... :D

dumb.

merry Christmas.

Lol...wtf?!?!

PS

Ques: Where do they get SEAL teams from?

Ans: Very smart and bad-azz Sailors & Marines

PS

Ques: Where do they get SEAL teams from?

Ans: Very smart and bad-azz Sailors & Marines

I hate to correct you when you are on a roll, but, the only people that are allowed to attend BUD/S are sailors of specific ratings and cleared foreign nationals. About 15 years ago they did a test and let some Coasties in, 6 of them passed. Experiment ended there for whatever. The Marines have the Raiders and force reconnaissance, and if they are feeling ambitious they can attend any number of Army schools, from Ranger to Pathfinder to SERE, etc.

Don't hate it Evil, I appreciate correct info. ;)

Darn, I didn't know that, I just assumed Marines (subdivision of Navy) would be allowed in.
But you know, I tried to join the Marines, but they said that i'd scored too high on the entrance exam... :cool:

Special Forces teams use other services expertise when training.
At least the Seals used to take paratrooper training with the Army at Fr Benning Ga.

And a Green Beret would go thru Navy UDT/Frogman training.
Marine Force Recon are the 'Tip of the Spear' when landing Marines in hostile territory. Most of my military info is 50 years old, both in time and memory.... :confused:

SEAL’s are trained to perform a much more broad spectrum of mission types, and are considered by many to be the most highly trained and effective special operations forces in the world. Their range of missions is perhaps the broadest of any special operations military forces, including espionage (usually in regards to possible nuclear proliferation violations), underwater demolition, surveillance, assassination of high value targets, counter-terrorism, counter-insurgency, insurgency, hostage rescue, anti-piracy, and of course any kind of highly focused small unit combat operation of high national significance.

Force Recon Marines, on the other hand, focus mostly just on supporting US Marine activities, specifically on intelligence gathering, recon (duh), and limited but highly lethal direct combat operations in support of larger Marine operations. Where there is a larger unit of US Marines going into harm’s way, Recon are the first ones in. But where there are not, Recon Marines are rarely deployed.

But Recon Marines are Marines first and specops troops second.

SEALs are specops first, last, and all through the middle bits, too.

And either one would likely kick our sorry butts all over the yard... :oops:

https://www.quora.com/How-does-Marine-Force-Recon-compare-to-the-Navy-Seals

Darn, I didn't know that, I just assumed Marines (subdivision of Navy) would be allowed in.
But you know, I tried to join the Marines, but they said that i'd scored too high on the entrance exam... :cool:

At least the Seals used to take paratrooper training with the Army at Fr Benning Ga.

Marine Force Recon are the 'Tip of the Spear' when landing Marines in hostile territory. Most of my military info is 50 years old, both in time and memory.... :confused:

SEAL’s are trained to perform a much more broad spectrum of mission types, and are considered by many to be the most highly trained and effective special operations forces in the world. Their range of missions is perhaps the broadest of any special operations military forces, including espionage (usually in regards to possible nuclear proliferation violations), underwater demolition, surveillance, assassination of high value targets, counter-terrorism, counter-insurgency, insurgency, hostage rescue, anti-piracy, and of course any kind of highly focused small unit combat operation of high national significance.

Force Recon Marines, on the other hand, focus mostly just on supporting US Marine activities, specifically on intelligence gathering, recon (duh), and limited but highly lethal direct combat operations in support of larger Marine operations. Where there is a larger unit of US Marines going into harm’s way, Recon are the first ones in. But where there are not, Recon Marines are rarely deployed.

As of 2006, Marine Raiders and Recon are now available for special warfare operations.

But if you want them, you have to go thru MARSOC (Marine Special Operation Command). Marines said "no thanks" to joining SOCCOM. :)

Also Seal team 6 is it's own unit, if you are on one of the other teams and you happen to get selected to join 6, you have to do everything over again, to their standards. 6 is almost always the team that does HRT. They are set up a lot like Army SFOD-D (Delta Force.)

In my experience, and maybe it's guys that served pre-9/11 vs those that served afterwards, but the former are some of the best people I've ever met, and the latter are the most self-promoting idiots I've ever met.

dumb.

merry Christmas.

Immature Gay joke? BTW, Spacey is Gay. Paco please stop this blatant DISCRIMINATION!!

I drink egg nog and I drink alcohol, but put them together and I get the foul taste of soured milk. I never mix them, but as with many other things in life, 'each to his own.'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT