ADVERTISEMENT

Keyonte Johnson collapsed on the court, on his way to recovery

I’m seriously praying for this dude. The older I’ve gotten and the older my sons get the more sensitive I am becoming to this kind of stuff. I’ve seen and smelled plenty of death but nothing would break me more than losing a child.

I fvck around a lot but im right there with ya on this. Losing a child would be the worst.

Reactions: fsumc
I don’t think you leave a decision like this up to the players. The fact the question even needed to be asked between the coaches should have already indicated the appropriate answer. This wasn’t a tournament or championship game. This was a glorified exhibition game.

To be fair, I don't think I could second guess anyone in this situation. Not the players, coach, or admin. I mean how could anyone be prepared or anticipate. Extremely tough call to make on the fly. Payers to KJ and family.

Reactions: sadgator
Any update on this yet? The longer I go without hearing any news is making fear the worst.

Honestly what I have been hearing has not been good. That is all I will say. I hope I’m wrong or what I have heard is wrong. Continue to pray for him.

I've been watching the local news in Tally for an updated status and all I can say is that we need to continue praying for him.

Just read he is in a medically-induced coma and has been transported to UF Shands in Gainesville.

Last edited:
well not to be that guy but that doesn't sound good at all.

no update about his health but his family is with him, please continue to pray?

This is worrying.

It’s never good if you have to be placed in a coma for days and transferred to a research hospital.

I don’t want to jump to pessimistic conclusions, but strokes and cardiac issues are apparently being seen in young people who have recovered from COVID. Again, it could be completely unrelated, but it’s a scary situation.

This is worrying.

It’s never good if you have to be placed in a coma for days and transferred to a research hospital.
Shands will be at the front for new techniques and possibilities for treatment. They have some of the best care available. That said....keep Keyontae and family in your prayers. Also, this is the best source for updates, keep them coming as you hear.

Reactions: goldmom
EpTnFZbW8AcfWea

Shands will be at the front for new techniques and possibilities for treatment. They have some of the best care available. That said....keep Keyontae and family in your prayers. Also, this is the best source for updates, keep them coming as you hear.

prayers from BBN.... This young man is definitely in my thoughts and prayers and hope to hear good news on this situation.

I thinkna big round of applause and thank you are in order for all FSU staff that helped with the KJ situation. If not for them, outcome could have been worse.

A job well done and we are thankful.
Sports brings us together.

Amazing what those training staff people have to be prepared to handle...who would expect something like that in an other normal college basketball game...they were obviously prepared...Thanks to FSU!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT