ADVERTISEMENT

Just looked at the 2017 rivals 250 for 1st time........we don't have jacksh*t

NorthJerseyGator

Gator Great
Sep 17, 2010
relative to our typical Florida Gator standards, that is.

I think South Cackalacky with Muschamp has as many if not more r250 verbals with similar quality breakdown.

Our highest is what #88? I mean, under Muschamp and Meyer, the #88 guy would have been our 6th highest rated guy at the least.........

I've been seeing all these "recruiting...." post headlines here but haven't paid much attention since it was early and season wasn't over yet. Now, I'm seeing the 10 foot elephant in the room myself and we aren't raking in the hosses like in yesteryears.

Also, Collins wasn't really impressive anyway, since he has been living on Muschamp's defensive recruits mostly. Our D is gonna slide next season whether Collins was staying or going.

EDIT: Forgot to add, we are pathetic on in-state Florida recruiting......all the top Florida kids have all peace'd out to Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, with FSU getting the ones staying nearer home......we must look like trash to these kids.

Last edited:

I think South Cackalacky with Muschamp has as many if not more r250 verbals with similar quality breakdown.

Our highest is what #88? I mean, under Muschamp and Meyer, the #88 guy would have been our 6th highest rated guy at the least.........

I've been seeing all these "recruiting...." post headlines here but haven't paid much attention since it was early and season wasn't over yet. Now, I'm seeing the 10 foot elephant in the room myself and we aren't raking in the hosses like in yesteryears.

Also, Collins wasn't really impressive anyway, since he has been living on Muschamp's defensive recruits mostly. Our D is gonna slide next season whether Collins was staying or going.

EDIT: Forgot to add, we are pathetic on in-state Florida recruiting......all the top Florida kids have all peace'd out to Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, with FSU getting the ones staying nearer home......we must look like trash to these kids.
FACTS

Reactions: Michi-Gator

PREACH!!!!

Now we have Strong at USF, Kiffin at FAU, and Richt at Miami to also beat out for Fla kids in addition to our former savior Meyer and not to mention Jimbo. I don't know what's going on. I'm sure coach had a great recruiting record before coming here. Depressing.

we have to worry about coaches better than ours out doing us recruiting at schools in state like USF and FAU

how could it be any worse? I mean really, think about it...

Now we have Strong at USF, Kiffin at FAU, and Richt at Miami to also beat out for Fla kids in addition to our former savior Meyer and not to mention Jimbo. I don't know what's going on. I'm sure coach had a great recruiting record before coming here. Depressing.

We're getting our teeth kicked in right now.

If Mac doesn't turn around this class it'll be downhill the rest of his tenure.

I like the guy and the players seem to play hard for him. But if he can't recruit a top 10 class year in and year out, he's not going to last because he won't win enough games. Last year's class was a disappointment and this year's is shaping up to be even worse. He's got 6 weeks to turn some kids, but it's looking like it's going to take a miracle to even sniff the top 10.

rivals-recruiting = garbage in - garbage out -- so use ESPN or maybe even the 247 Composite

http://www.espn.com/colleges/florida/football/recruiting/commitments

~ While the twit circle-jerkers love rivals recruiting and pat each other on the back and congratulate each other for being so smart about the Gator's current coaching staff...:rolleyes:

The really funny thing is when one or another of them attempts to speak for 'everybody,' or for all 'Gator fans' etc,,, instead of admitting that they can only give their OWN twit opinions. o_O
Attempting to give their own individual opinion more credit that it's worth by claiming that 'everybody' thinks like they do. Moe-rons! :confused:

Last edited:
I usually use Rivals when I look at the recruiting rankings because they don't give out 5 stars like candy like some services do.

I usually use Rivals when I look at the recruiting rankings because they don't give out 5 stars like candy like some services do.

ESPN does not have a single 5 star in UF's current class... Your point being? :rolleyes:

But they do have UF with 6 ESPN Top 300, and 11 of 14 as 4 stars.
While I think that at least 2 of those 3 that they have as 3 stars should also be 4 stars.

You're posting on a rivals fan page and can't figure out why people use rivals rankings? Is this real life?

You're posting on a rivals fan page and can't figure out why people use rivals rankings? Is this real life?

So, you're claiming that everyone should just use rivals recruiting exclusively, because this message board is a rivals UF site? Does that also mean that I can only read stories that are in the Gainesville Sun, or maybe the campus Alligator? Am I restricted to just talking about the games that are played in the SWAMP? :confused:

I hate to break this to ya, but the WORLD-WIDE-WEB is a whole lot bigger than just the rivals system. o_O ----- However, you are welcome to restrict yourself to any info that aids your own biased opinions. :cool:

ESPN does not have a single 5 star in UF's current class... Your point being? :rolleyes:

But they do have UF with 6 ESPN Top 300, and 11 of 14 as 4 stars.
While I think that at least 2 of those 3 that they have as 3 stars should also be 4 stars.

My point is Rivals doesn't give out 5 stars like candy like some services seem to do.

So, you're claiming that everyone should just use rivals recruiting exclusively, because this message board is a rivals UF site? Does that also mean that I can only read stories that are in the Gainesville Sun, or maybe the campus Alligator? Am I restricted to just talking about the games that are played in the SWAMP? :confused:

I hate to break this to ya, but the WORLD-WIDE-WEB is a whole lot bigger than just the rivals system. o_O ----- However, you are welcome to restrict yourself to any info that aids your own biased opinions. :cool:

I'm not claiming anything. It just seems rather obvious to me people would choose Rivals rankings as a primary source since we're all posting on a Rivals network. I don't care what rankings you use...besides, you make up your own anyway so no need to use anybody elses. Right? :p

I use 24/7 Composite because it factors in all the services

It's always good to average in the stupids, because it can only improve the overall system... :confused: -- :D

But no matter how good or bad a service ranking is, it's just 'their opinion' based on a lot or a little on what a kid did in some HS. That's why most coaches don't base their own recruiting on what some amateur outsiders think about any certain player.

Fun talking points, especially in the off-season, but not much more than that. So yes, I use them too, but I don't put all of my eggs in any one basket. :cool:

Right ooozzziiieee?
More or less that's correct. I trust sites like Hudi, and my own eyes, ahead of the opinions of anyone else, even our own coaches. However, the coaches still come before rivals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT