ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any doubt that we are going to crush Virginia? Let’s make our OFFICIAL picks...

We actually only gave up like 140 yards of offense in the first half. The issue is they gave up key plays. We gained like 340 yards in the first half on offense. We should have been up by way more than just 10 points at Halftime

Trask is having a very bad game. I think he has had a very good year and is a good QB but realistically we can’t take that next step forward until we get a true dual threat QB to lead the offense. In addition to that we don’t defend the pass well at all in Grantham’s defense.

Mullen is just carrying this team. He’s making it easy for these guys, and the players are almost too disinterested to take advantage.

Are like 10 of these guys on defense getting drafted and I’m unaware? They’re just jogging around. It looks like the spring game:

Nearly 200 more yards...how is this game this sort of close?

2 FGs and a failed 2 pt conversion gets UVA to a live or die end of game should they get a TD here. They are beyond FGs now so make them work

Memphis left so many points in the table with Penn State with those six FGs, but all of them were saving points

QUOTE="kb851, post: 1656329, member: 29861"]Nearly 200 more yards...how is this game this sort of close?[/QUOTE]Grantham is not a good DC. That is how. He has no idea how to stop or cover a passing game.

Reactions: SwampLander
Well, got a pick there so 12 point lead and holding feels better

Run and make them burn timeouts. 2 first downs ices it

The ball went forward at least a yard. Not a close call
Move this along please and don’t mess it up

It doesn’t matter but defense is bad. No playmakers, sloppy, bad tackling, disinterested. If they’re a reflection of their d coordinator, it’s not a good look.

Good game. Great season by you guys. I knew UVA would play you tough but you were the better team

Good win and season...our defense didn't play their best game (tonight) this year but we found a way to win. Thank the lord we were able to run the ball tonight. I'll take it!

Completely agree. Great season. Best around Gainesville in quite a while. I didn't like what I saw on defense tonight though. Guys just letting themselves get blocked, bad tackling, etc.. etc...

Reactions: ocalaman
Sometimes coming out with a win is more important than looking fantastic and putting a beat down on the opposing team. Everyone should please remember that the last time we faced a QB like this, Teddy Bridgewater embarrassed us in the sugar bowl thanks to Charlie Strong and Leweeeville.

I'll be the first to say though, that I don't think we upgraded with Torian Gray when UGLY stole our DB coach last year. Our secondary has been absolutely mediocre this year compared to last.

Sometimes coming out with a win is more important than looking fantastic and putting a beat down on the opposing team. Everyone should please remember that the last time we faced a QB like this, Lamarr Jackson embarrassed us in the sugar bowl thanks to Charlie Strong and Leweeeville.

I'll be the first to say though, that I don't think we upgraded with Torian Gray when UGLY stole our DB coach last year. Our secondary has been absolutely mediocre this year compared to last.
It’s not Gray. Gray is a very good DB coach. It isn’t just our secondary. Our LBs don’t cover well either and are out of position. It a scheme problem. It’s Grantham’s style of defense.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Florida had no swag in the second half. Looked like they were going through the motions.

Nice win. 11-2 after 10-3. Mullen has the program headed in the right direction. Finish up the recruiting class with a couple more big time signees, get a transfer or two and then work in the off season with no arrests. The 2020 schedule is favorable. Opening game vs. eastern Washington will be fun,as they are usually pretty good in the Big Sky Conference. Buy we have Kentucky, South Alabama, South Carolina, LSU, Missouri and New Mexico State at home, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt & FSU away and Georgia in Jax. LSU and Georgia, once again are the teams we must beat to get to the next step - The Final 4. Goooo Gators!!!

Sometimes coming out with a win is more important than looking fantastic and putting a beat down on the opposing team. Everyone should please remember that the last time we faced a QB like this, Teddy Bridgewater embarrassed us in the sugar bowl thanks to Charlie Strong and Leweeeville.

Winning is all that matters at the end of the day. Secondary has had injuries and inexperienced guys. I think Gray did a great job with them....the scheme is a bigger issue. We'll have better game experience next year all around...better depth but next year we keep building but a heck of a coaching job this year and the players deserve a lot of credit.

Seems to be that way
Yep. His defensive lineman will shine in his scheme and you rack up lots of sacks, etc. but you have problems playing pass coverage. Not to mention our safeties are really bad too so that doesn’t help matters.

Yep. His defensive lineman will shine in his scheme and you rack up lots of sacks, etc. but you have problems playing pass coverage. Not to mention our safeties are really bad too so that doesn’t help matters.
They were running wild all night...we were out of position bad at times and their receivers were wide open. We got away with a few plays. Thank the lord for a bad throw and the fact that Elam made a great play on the ball in the 4th.

Virginia exposed our defensive weaknesses - linebackers too slow in pass coverage and safeties who can't cover. We need to shore up both positions to be an elite defense against quality teams. And while Grantham's game plan appeared to be to contain Perkins and not allow him to run around and scramble for big gains, they played way too much zone that allowed for easy completions. But a win is a win. great season.

Virginia exposed our defensive weaknesses - linebackers too slow in pass coverage and safeties who can't cover. We need to shore up both positions to be an elite defense against quality teams. And while Grantham's game plan appeared to be to contain Perkins and not allow him to run around and scramble for big gains, they played way too much zone that allowed for easy completions. But a win is a win. great season.

Perkins is a really good player and Virginia is a good team. Yes, to take the elite steps i think you are correct but i liked the Gators gameplan on defense.

We beat LSU just last year and Auburn this year.

Burrow was preternaturally good this year so while LSU will again be good, they are always pretty goood, they will not be like this season’s team.

That game is eminently winnable. Georgia is similar.

I think FSU may be a season away. Tennessee will be better, although they kind of have to be better than they have been, winning streak over UAB and Vandy types notwithstanding.

No mass defections, a strong JUCO LB or DB to bridge the gaps and 11-1 or 10-2. The first wins the division. The second probably does not.

Reactions: fsu939913
Trask is having a very bad game. I think he has had a very good year and is a good QB but realistically we can’t take that next step forward until we get a true dual threat QB to lead the offense. In addition to that we don’t defend the pass well at all in Grantham’s defense.

si in your opinion to we take another 10-2, 9-3 tweaking and modifying or look to one of the other guys?

I think we'll keep rolling with Trask, and Jones will be used more aggressively. I don't think offense will be this team's problem next year.

Reactions: fsu939913
si in your opinion to we take another 10-2, 9-3 tweaking and modifying or look to one of the other guys?
I actually think Trask deserves to start next year. He’s earned that but I do believe Emory Jones needs much more PT next year and should get more PT. I think we can win a lot of games with either QB and be a top 10 team but I do believe if we want to win the national title it is going to be with a DT QB like Emory Jones and Anthony Richardson.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Your guy Trask sucks at deep throws and he floated and short armed a lot of passes he’s lucky weren’t picked last night. I think you saw and met your ceiling with him as the starter last night. He doesn’t have an elite arm or decision making skills to make you a national title contender. He’s very good but you need more accuracy on long throws and a better athlete for Mullen’s system if you’re gonna take another step forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT