ADVERTISEMENT

Is it critical that UF gets the first score today?

sg0508

Bull Gator
Dec 8, 2006
Yes, I know...let the jokes pour from above that we have no kicker and a lost situation right now at QB. I do believe though that the only way we're winning this is to play from ahead. If the Noles are smart, they'll pound out their running game 35x or more today. One or two big ones and that's probably it.

What they don't want to do is have to pass. That's where they've had some issues this year. However, the Gators had better be ready for many screens and short dumpoffs all day long.

We need the early momentum in this one. That being said, I hope we do not get the ball first. We can't leave opportunities out there.

Every 4-5 years (going back to the 90s), there seems to be one game between us that sets the stage for the programs over the next 3-4 years. This feels like that moment. '05 opened the floodgates for our two titles. Their win in '10 did the same for them (and they could have won more). Now, both programs feel like they're on a seesaw. Recruits are in the house, the place will be buzzing, and we need to win.

Go Gators!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News