ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone gonna bring up the refs trying to screw us even at the end?

Bull Gator
Sep 22, 2003
By now it's very obvious teams always get away with murder against us and it never stops... but this gaffe at the end because he missed it right to begin with was just downright unacceptable

CP7czllWUAABsd7.jpg

after Timeout

CP7czlpXAAQcmyw.jpg

Reactions: gatorjmdz
Also, UT ran the ball FIFTY ONE times... on the road, and not ONE holding penalty???

REALLY??

Also, UT ran the ball FIFTY ONE times... on the road, and not ONE holding penalty???

REALLY??
To be fair, both teams held a lot the whole night. Not one holding penalty was called on either team. Remember, we threw the ball 42 times without a holding call.

But I agree with you about the spot of the ball. That was inexcusable.

Reactions: gatorjmdz
UT got a lot of bounces and calls their way, those 3 fumbles never hurting them is lucky. The first two never got reviewed which is inexcusable, the 2nd one just magically doesn't end up in our hands or in the endzone for a touchback, THEN doesn't get reviewed and puts them at the 2.. Even Danielson was going off about that one.

UT got a lot of bounces and calls their way, those 3 fumbles never hurting them is lucky. The first two never got reviewed which is inexcusable, the 2nd one just magically doesn't end up in our hands or in the endzone for a touchback, THEN doesn't get reviewed and puts them at the 2.. Even Danielson was going off about that one.
Yes, that fumble should have been reviewed. But at the end of the day it did not matter.

Well it was definitely a fumble, i wouldn't be surprised if they gagged that call too. Officials can't even get calls right with review in place now and it's 2015.

We would have been up by 7 right after a like 3 play TD drive and had the bal right back inside their 40. At the least we could have been up 10-0

The fumble that dobbs had down at the endzone was actually the right call..because it went out of bounds it goes back to the spot of the fumble it never went into the endzone it went out at the 1/2 yard line. At first i was pissed about it not being reviewed too but now that i watch it again it was the right call..its the same thing that happened at the end on Tennessee's final drive where dobbs fumbled and they brought it back to the spot of the fumble

Well it was definitely a fumble, D drive and had the bal right back inside their 40. At the least we could have been up 10-0

I am not so sure. There was definitely two steps taken. But it looked like the receiver was bobbling the ball when he was hit. I do not think it would have been overturned.

Reactions: G8RMark
Not sure if you saw this but we had 12 men on defense before the snap on the first try. If the time out had not been called, the kick would have been 5 yards closer.

The fumble that dobbs had down at the endzone was actually the right call..because it went out of bounds it goes back to the spot of the fumble it never went into the endzone it went out at the 1/2 yard line. At first i was pissed about it not being reviewed too but now that i watch it again it was the right call..its the same thing that happened at the end on Tennessee's final drive where dobbs fumbled and they brought it back to the spot of the fumble

Not sure I agree. One angle it looked like the ball hit the pylon on the way out, which means it's in the endzone and a touchback for us.

Somebody needs to take coach aside and remind him that he gets a CHALLENGE.

I watched that play as many times as the review allowed. The ball never hit the pylon, a UT player slid in and went out at the six inch line. At the end of the day, even if ruled a fumble UT gets the ball back at where it ended up being marked because the offense can't advance a fumble. However, it was worth a timeout to review upstairs, who knows what those ass tards might rule up there.

By now it's very obvious teams always get away with murder against us and it never stops... but this gaffe at the end because he missed it right to begin with was just downright unacceptable

CP7czllWUAABsd7.jpg

after Timeout

CP7czlpXAAQcmyw.jpg

They didn't screw you. Your defense had 12 men on the field. The penalty moved you back 5 yards.

They didn't screw you. Your defense had 12 men on the field. The penalty moved you back 5 yards.

You do realize the 12 men was on the 1st kick attempt right? Coach Mac called a TO to avoid the penalty, and then the refs inexplicably moved the ball 2 yards toward the center for the 2nd kick attempt.

Don't waste your time.....the Nole just did a drive by flame. Not concerned at all with the ball being moved inward off the hash for the second attempt.

Both the fumbles should have been reviewed, but the one nearbthe end zone would not have been changed. Not sure there would have been evidence to overturn call on field when the receiver fumbled either. But reviews should have been made.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Bigger issues IMO.

1. What was Butch thinking by not going for two?
2. Had the UT kicker made the 2nd kick what would Gator nation be saying about Coach Mac? (IMO it's a catch 22. Had the kicker made it on 1st try and he didn't call the time out...WOW!)

Last edited:
1. I even think Butch made a point in post-game presser about the chart telling you when to go for 2 but they decided to just kick PAT.

2. That would have been bitter pill to swallow for sure, but that we had battled back to regain the lead that late was huge. Once UT went up 27-14, guys coulda mailed it in but they didn't. I was quite concerned that when Calloway scored with about 90 seconds left that the Vols would have plenty of time to get into FG range.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Bigger issues IMO.

1. What was Butch thinking by not going for two?
2. Had the UT kicker made the 2nd kick what would Gator nation be saying about Coach Mac? (IMO it's a catch 22. Had the kicker made it on 1st try and he didn't call the time out...WOW!)
He didn't call TO to ice the kicker, he called TO cuz we had 12 men on the field. A penalty there would have gotten them closer by 5 yards, and did you see the 2nd attempt? 5 yards closer and UT wins.

He didn't call TO to ice the kicker, he called TO cuz we had 12 men on the field. A penalty there would have gotten them closer by 5 yards, and did you see the 2nd attempt? 5 yards closer and UT wins.

I totally missed the 12 men...I didn't even see him mention it during the on the field, post game interview (he was asked). Again, 12 men or not, it's the right call, but could you imagine if he'd made that 2nd attempt. WOW!

Glad he didn't, though....it was great watching the Tenn fans! LOL

I totally missed the 12 men...I didn't even see him mention it during the on the field, post game interview (he was asked). Again, 12 men or not, it's the right call, but could you imagine if he'd made that 2nd attempt. WOW!

Glad he didn't, though....it was great watching the Tenn fans! LOL
Yeah I wondered too why he didn't tell Allie. But I think he mentioned it later.

It was pissed 2 fold in this game.

CBS' producing was HORRID! Watching an injured player for what seemed like an eternity, showed the player getting off the field, to only wait for next play, 3rd and out, and then take break! Seems like CBS really has 0 understanding of the flow of a game. And similar stalls or breaks occurred throughout the game.

Officiating - I can't add too much to the above as most of it has been covered. But again, flow! There was a stop in the 1st quarter, in review, and it kept going...going...going. I was like, WTF! Then CBS' did the CBS right after it.

F&gging nonsense.

Alaska, we had 12 men on the field for first attempted kick. That's why Mac called TO, not to ice the kicker. See first pic of thread.

It's ridiculous how many times the refs misplace the ball on the field. Happens ALL the time in the NFL.

REALLY??
I put it in one of by post under the game day threat...horrible non calls bay the refs. I was watching the game again and our tackling was HORRIBLE but TN had a LOT of calls go their way and a lot of NON calls too. Their first TD...big hold on Bullard and it was right in front of the refs...big hold on the INT from Grier in the second quarter Robinson was held in his route clear as a bell, 4th quarter just over 13:35 minutes in the game 3rd and 3 TN's QB runs to the right side #48 holds Davis...right in front of the play at the line...UT got a block in the back but they still got the 1st down and ended up getting the first down and ended up scoring a TD on this drive. There were some other bad calls and non calls but these were all right on the ball...easy calls to make and the refs didn't make them. Don't get me wrong...our defense gave them a LOT but these non calls were game changers and they ALL went UT's way. 2 of these plays allowed 14 points to UT and one of them stopped a drive were we were moving the ball and could have resulted in a TD or maybe 3 points. It was driving me CRAZY during the game.

Reactions: 46885
Refs trying to help on 2nd FG attempt? Ball definitely inside the hash....(bottom is final FG attempt)

Tennessee_Field_Goal.0.0.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT