ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa in the Outback Bowl

Whoa...what?
Where in the world did you come up with that lunacy?
You have to be joking. That's some insane insecurity and conspiracy theory stuff right there.
How does your logic work there? Why would I want to get rid of you?
You're as entertaining as it gets for a message board. Watching you're bizarre style and weird complexes isn't something I would ask to be banned.
A dossier to send to the big dogs at rivals...my goodness.
I'm not sure a single person (even the ones that really don't like me) would think your delusion about me is even a remote possibility.

Now go put that fire out, before your pants burn completely off...

Watching you dance on the end of that string, still doesn't make up for your constant, annoying, stalking of my posts, but it at least amused me for as long as it took me to read you clumsy denials.

Now go put that fire out, before your pants burn completely off...

Watching you dance on the end of that string, still doesn't make up for your constant, annoying, stalking of my posts, but it at least amused me for as long as it took me to read you clumsy denials.

I mean...if you think that's all true, then you really are crazy.

I see Tabor is telling people in interviews we definitely had the better team than Michigan in our last bowl game despite the major beatdown and that Michigan just had good coaching. Its a joke for him to say that and I wonder what the coches think hearing him say that.

I see Tabor is telling people in interviews we definitely had the better team than Michigan in our last bowl game despite the major beatdown and that Michigan just had good coaching. Its a joke for him to say that and I wonder what the coches think hearing him say that.

These kids don't come to Florida to lose 4 games and be irrelevant. Add to it as a defender, carrying the load has to get old. Wether people want to address it or not, there are issues. You see it in recruiting

I predicted the players will inevitably start turning on the staff, and that makes it impossible to get more kids to want to come in... it's starting to happen and is gonna happen more often

I predicted the players will inevitably start turning on the staff, and that makes it impossible to get more kids to want to come in... it's starting to happen and is gonna happen more often

You know the CFB landscape, why are they turning on this staff but seemingly never turned on Muschamp?

Because they don't like playing for this staff like a Muschamp and think they are out of touch with reality in this climate

I even had current players liking my statuses bringing this up about a month ago

These kids don't come to Florida to lose 4 games and be irrelevant. Add to it as a defender, carrying the load has to get old. Wether people want to address it or not, there are issues. You see it in recruiting

I agree but its still pretty lame to claim you had the better team when you got beat down by 5 TDs or so. The defense was a joke that game and has no excuse for that performance. It kind of reminds me of people trying to make excuses for the defense in the FSU and Bama games. I guess Collins is to blame also but they just got beat down in those games no matter how the offense played. Look at the play by plays in those games up until they got beat down - they had no fatigue excuse against them or in that Tenn game. I agree they must not like the coaches to openly say that in an interview however.

anyone should have known what kind of effort was coming in that bowl game last year

anyone should have known what kind of effort was coming in that bowl game last year

I kind of expected it. What I expect this year is for them to come out really motivated at first but to fold like a cheap suit in the 2nd half if they have to deal with some adversity. That is with the defense anyway. The offense is what it is and will probably score around 20 points at most unless the defense gives them some short fields.

I kind of expected it. What I expect this year is for them to come out really motivated at first but to fold like a cheap suit in the 2nd half if they have to deal with some adversity. That is with the defense anyway. The offense is what it is and will probably score around 20 points at most unless the defense gives them some short fields.

Iowa is not a good team. If we can't beat them I am with Insta, just fold the program

Iowa is not a good team. If we can't beat them I am with Insta, just fold the program

Maybe I am off since I am basing Iowa off their last 3 games mostly since the Penn State loss but that defense has totally shut down all 3 QBs in their last 3 games. I watched parts of the Michigan and Nebraska wins they had and they shut both of those QBs right down with ease. They also shut down Michigan's and Nebraska's run game with ease while their RBs had good success against Michigan and Nebraska. Michigan got some sacks on them to distort the rushing numbers but they weren't shutting Iowa's RBs down at all.

If sadgator lived in Tampa and somebody gave him a free ticket and bought him a beer and a hot dog, he might be willing to attend this game.

If you aren't from the state of Iowa, sadgator has no earthly idea why you would actually pay good money to buy a ticket to this game....
Is your real name Bob Dole?

If sadgator lived in Tampa and somebody gave him a free ticket and bought him a beer and a hot dog, he might be willing to attend this game.

If you aren't from the state of Iowa, sadgator has no earthly idea why you would actually pay good money to buy a ticket to this game....

hawkimatt, I think that's pretty much the concensus across the fan base. We all could basically care less about playing Iowa or playing in this bowl game. Pretty much anybody that's there as a Gator fan will be locals and family of players. If Iowa doesn't travel I'd bet the stadium is half empty.

I'm going on a hunting trip and don't even plan to watch. Florida is basically unwatchable anyway. If something exciting happens then I'll dvr one of those midnight replays.

Third time between the two. Hope we get a decent officiating crew

Actually, this is the 4th meeting between Florida & Iowa.
Florida holds a 2-1 lead over Iowa.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1983 (Gator Bowl): UF - 14, Iowa 6 (Florida gets school's 1st top 10 ranking; UF finishes #6, Iowa at #14)
2004 (Outback Bowl): UF - 17, Iowa 37 (Hawkeyes route the Gators in this one; IA finishes #8, UF at #25)
2006 (Outback Bowl): UF - 31, Iowa 24 (Gators win a controversial nail biter. UF finishes #12 and has the momentum to land the #1/#2 class led by Tim Tebow. Florida wins National Title in 2006 over the Buckeyes.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 (Outback): #17/#20 Florida (8-4) vs #21 Iowa (8-4)
The winner could finish in the top 15!

If we are going to go back to that game at least the officials admitted their mistake:

Shortly after Florida's 31-24 win over Iowa in Monday's Outback Bowl, coach Urban Meyer expressed his concern about a controversial call late in the game that negated Iowa's recovered onside kick and sealed the win for the Gators.

"I hope they were offside," Meyer said. "To make a call like that, I didn't see it, but I thought it was a tough call."

Turns out, it was the wrong call.

A Conference USA official said league referees made a mistake when they flagged Iowa's Chad Greenway for being offside late in the fourth quarter at Raymond James Stadium.

Down by seven with 1:24 left, Iowa's Scott Chandler recovered an onside kick that would have given the Hawkeyes a chance for a game-tying drive. But Greenway was flagged for crossing the 35 before the ball was kicked.

Television replays showed Greenway behind the line of scrimmage when kicker Kyle Schlicher's foot hit the ball. Florida recovered the ensuing kickoff and ran out the clock for a 31-24 win.

Who knows if Iowa would have even forced an overtime much less win it in OT.

This next meeting between our two teams is a whole new ball game. Good luck and here's to an entertaining game.

2016 (Outback): #17/#20 Florida (8-4) vs #21 Iowa (8-4)
The winner could finish in the top 15!

So if the game ends up being a low-scoring, defensive battle, there's a very real chance that the winner finishes with a Top 25 ranking that is over 100 spots higher than their ranking in total offense.

Certainly that doesn't happen often.

I am a Hawk fan, but my parents lived in Jacksonville for about 30 years and my father went from being a devout Hawk fan to a devout Gator fan. Because of this, I watched the last Gator vs. Hawkeye bowl game from dads living room in Jacksonville, he with his gator shirt on and me with my Iowa. I'm still a devout Hawkeye fan, but the Gators are the only SEC team I cheer for. For what its worth, my mother is a Georgia Bulldog fan and still lives in Jax......Sorry........... I think it will be good game since both teams have mediocre offenses and good defenses. I am looking forward to it.

The only thing that happens in years like this in the down time from your last game is when it starts you forget just how bad they were during the first quarter.

I watch every Hawkeye game, as I am married to a Hawkeye alum. Their tight end is very good. If it is third and 5 they hit him over the middle a lot. Their RB is as quick and elusive as any rb we have seen. Wide receivers are not as good especially top guy being out w a major injury most of season. I actually like their QB, I think he has been banged up this season. When he is on he is pretty darn good. Watch how their bootleg game works because the running game works so well.

Defense- very well coached. A CB as good as our guys in King. Their linebacker Jewell is as good as anyone we see and their dline is tough.

I also believe the big 10 is just good this year. I do not have faith in our players playing hard, I think our kids are soft and entitled. Iowa's players will show up to play as they have a good coach in Ferentz. Just my opinion.

I watch every Hawkeye game, as I am married to a Hawkeye alum. Their tight end is very good. If it is third and 5 they hit him over the middle a lot. Their RB is as quick and elusive as any rb we have seen. Wide receivers are not as good especially top guy being out w a major injury most of season. I actually like their QB, I think he has been banged up this season. When he is on he is pretty darn good. Watch how their bootleg game works because the running game works so well.

Defense- very well coached. A CB as good as our guys in King. Their linebacker Jewell is as good as anyone we see and their dline is tough.

I also believe the big 10 is just good this year. I do not have faith in our players playing hard, I think our kids are soft and entitled. Iowa's players will show up to play as they have a good coach in Ferentz. Just my opinion.

I have a feeling our defense may fold in the 2nd half. Iowa is better than some people think.

Last edited:

you could have just posted, every kirk ferentz coached team in history, good and awful at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT