ADVERTISEMENT

Instant takes on the game

Bill Sikes

Bull Gator
Apr 12, 2017
1) Trask, Pitts, and Toney - man I’m going to miss these guys. Tremendous competitors who gave us some truly great moments.

2) Mullen is a still so fun to watch as he’s dialing up offense in these big games.

3) The kids played hard tonight and gave they had. It just wasn’t enough. This was a great QB with a few great targets vs a great team... and the great team won.

4) Nothing personifies UF’s recruiting struggles like Tim Smith beating Delance for a crucial sack fumble. Ugh.

5) The Mac era is now arriving at an unceremonious close this season, as most of his players exit the roster. As much as I’m concerned about Mullen’s recruiting, we still don’t know what his guys will accomplish... as few of his high school recruits have emerged so far. They MUST begin to step up en masse next fall. But then again, everything is still in front of them.

6) As much as I loved seeing this game close, I hope Mullen doesn’t see it as the mandate to keep Grantham. Keeping that guy is the only avenue by which Mullen could find his way to the hot seat by the end of next season. I know many will disagree, but I think it’s possible. Gotta look like you’re setting up for another run in 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News