ADVERTISEMENT

I haven’t been around, but….

Name one QB that Dan hasn’t gotten maximum performance (for that individual) out of…

Dan probably COULD actually coach up the McElwain dog…and it wouldn’t be total bullshit if he said it…
Just off the top of my head the last one he had at Miss State was a really bad passer and Franks while not that good calmed down some and wasn't Driskeling as much as he did here when he was @ Arkansas. If this is the best passing Jones is capable of his bar would have to be pretty low.

Don't get me wrong as he has produced a bunch of really good QBs (I think he another one right now also) and made a believer out of me with his play calling.

Name one QB that Dan hasn’t gotten maximum performance (for that individual) out of…

Dan probably COULD actually coach up the McElwain dog…and it wouldn’t be total bullshit if he said it…
The dude is responsible
Just off the top of my head the last one he had at Miss State was a really bad passer and Franks while not that good calmed down some and wasn't Driskeling as much as he did here when he was @ Arkansas. If this is the best passing Jones is capable of his bar would have to be pretty low.

Don't get me wrong as he has produced a bunch of really good QBs (I think he another one right now also) and made a believer out of me with his play calling.
The one he last had at Mississippi State was pretty dang good for a first year starter. He regressed after Dan left.

Being that he was a 2 star coming out of high school and had 2,500 yard passing seasons while having having a 1,400 rushing season is pretty impressive.

Google "Purple Church, Memphis, TN"
throwpillow,small,600x-bg,f8f8f8-c,0,120,600,600.u2.jpg

Not quite the search result sadgator expected..

• Haha
Reactions: TennesseeGator
What I am impressed AF with is, we lost TWO receivers from last year that were 1st round draft choices, and these new guys are looking great. Hell, I don't even know what their names are yet.
Mullen and Billy Gonzalez are legit - every year we lose MAJOR contributors and don't know how the next group will be...but they are there again, dominating the WR game. And the blocking these guys do every down is insane.

While we are on the subject I want some honesty from everyone.

When we had openings since Meyer left..or even since Muschamp was fired who yalls choice was. .

I've been a Mullen fan from day 1. He was our best OC in my lifetime (SOS doesn't count) and he had Ms State at their best in my lifetime.

Yes I'll admit I was hyping Norvell

I also was favoring at one point in the processes
Justin Fuente
PJ Fleck
Scott Frost
Blake Anderson
And at some point way back when I wanted to fire Muschamp and get on the Gus Bus

I remember @Michi_Gator drooling over Rich Rod. Seems like he was all for the Frost warning...and I believe he like Chad Morris when he was OC at Clemson. I also think he loved Chip Kelly

@PacoGator19 was all for Frost if I remember correctly. Also think he was a Chip Kelly fan

I can't remember all his choices but @Dannygator1989 was in the Muschamp corner until the very end and still defends him to this day. I also remember you didnt want Mullen when we were in the search before settling on McElwain.

I can't remember but somebody was always wanting Kerwin Bell. Seems like Insta but I am not for sure.

Yall be honest.

That Muschamp thing has been entirely overblown because of BONG. He got to the point of lunatic conspiracy ravings about him.

All I say about Muschamp, and I also said this about midway through his final season, was that he's great on defense and when he came into the league as a first time headcoach, the league had changed (we didn't realize it yet) and the challenges that an defensive coach faces now a days is too much without truly being special. And he tried to hire spread minded OCs. Everyone knows that Weis was put on him by Foley. Which is bizarre, because it appeared afterwards Muschamp was fine with running a spread scheme but they tried to take a spread roster (outside of Brantley) and make it into a ground and pound team.

Ill never understand what happened there.

he also brought in Grier but never got the chance to use him, and the Mac apparently had ZERO interest in him.

Which is also something I won't ever understand.

now, that said, I wanted Fedora after Muschamp. We had great offenses under him despite the problems at Florida during Zook. I didn't want Mullen because he still seemed to have weird issues. My god, Miami turned him down for Al Golden because he came across as a douchebag too douchebaggy for Miami.

I'm not entirely sure I cared after Mac was fired. I thought Frost was the most intriguing option. And I think I mainly said that Mullen had burned enough bridges at Florida that they wouldn't hire him.

My opinion has changed too much. Mullen needed that decade at Miss State and some maturity before he came back.

he's still kind of....a douchebag....but it's matured into more of a Spurrier version of it as opposed to a New England offensive boy wonder guy.

also, I think after Kelly and Frost opted out, I wanted to throw the "f**k it let's hire Kiffin" option out.

The dude is responsible

The one he last had at Mississippi State was pretty dang good for a first year starter. He regressed after Dan left.

Being that he was a 2 star coming out of high school and had 2,500 yard passing seasons while having having a 1,400 rushing season is pretty impressive.

Nick something or other.

he was looking great and then had his ankle destroyed late in the season. Never really came back from that, especially after Mullen left.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
That Muschamp thing has been entirely overblown because of BONG. He got to the point of lunatic conspiracy ravings about him.

All I say about Muschamp, and I also said this about midway through his final season, was that he's great on defense and when he came into the league as a first time headcoach, the league had changed (we didn't realize it yet) and the challenges that an defensive coach faces now a days is too much without truly being special. And he tried to hire spread minded OCs. Everyone knows that Weis was put on him by Foley. Which is bizarre, because it appeared afterwards Muschamp was fine with running a spread scheme but they tried to take a spread roster (outside of Brantley) and make it into a ground and pound team.

he also brought in Grier but never got the chance to use him, and the Mac apparently had ZERO interest in him.

now, that said, I wanted Fedora after Muschamp. We had great offenses under him despite the problems at Florida during Zook. I didn't want Mullen because he still seemed to have weird issues. My god, Miami turned him down for Al Golden because he came across as a douchebag too douchebaggy for Miami.

I'm not entirely sure I cared after Mac was fired. I thought Frost was the most intriguing option. And I think I mainly said that Mullen had burned enough bridges at Florida that they wouldn't hire him.

My opinion has changed too much. Mullen needed that decade at Miss State and some maturity before he came back.

he's still kind of....a douchebag....but it's matured into more of a Spurrier version of it as opposed to a New England offensive boy wonder guy.

also, I think after Kelly and Frost opted out, I wanted to throw the "f**k it let's hire Kiffin" option out.
Fedora. That's it. I knew it was somebody that ended up eventually being unsuccessful.

I still want to give our guy Michi a hard time for fighting tooth and nail for Rich Rod.

I wish I could remember who wanted Chan Gailey.

I do remember BONG and his "Georgia Plant" spill.

I at one time was on that Jeff Brohm bandwagon.

I still to this day wish we would have hired Mullen over Muschamp. I definitely wished we would have hired him over McElwain.

At least Muschamp knew the culture. Mac was and still is one weird dude.

Fedora had taken Southern Miss to 11-2 in 2011 and then took over the UNC program when it was hit for sanctions and again got them to 11-2 in the regular season in 2015 and it just fell apart afterwards. Very odd.

I vaguely remember someone bringing up Chan Gailey but I assumed it had to be a troll job.

Muschamp is the worst head college football coach in the entire history of the game…nobody will ever convince sadgator otherwise….

Will Muschamp is seriously like the anti-Christ of good college football team coaching…

think about it…it is 7 years later…we now have a totally competent college football coach…and there are STILL aspects of our program’s identity that we don’t have completely back…

sadgator will go to his grave knowing that that sumbitch is single-handedly responsible for wiping out an entire generation cycle of potential Gator fans…his negative impacts have literally affected generations….sadgator is serious…

Muschamp is the worst head college football coach in the entire history of the game…nobody will ever convince sadgator otherwise….
The worst 'rebound" hire in the history of all of college sports was getting that weirdo who would calls his imaginary dog Clarabelle. I mean at least Muschamp would have a dog named Butch, Spike, Beast, or Uga. Never Clarabelle. Muschamp probably kicked his dog to get pumped for game day. McElwain probably sat on his recliner in his Belk sponsored khakis with a yorkie and pomeranian giving them pinched off pieces of gourmet hot dogs dipped in Signature Blondie BBQ sauce the morning of gameday. It was neat, care for a stick of gum?

• Haha
Reactions: sadgator
Fedora had taken Southern Miss to 11-2 in 2011 and then took over the UNC program when it was hit for sanctions and again got them to 11-2 in the regular season in 2015 and it just fell apart afterwards. Very odd.

I vaguely remember someone bringing up Chan Gailey but I assumed it had to be a troll job.
On the other subject, yes Muschamp recruited Grier and Mc was an idiot for chasing him off. However Muschamp signed Skyler Mornhinweg. Not a preferred walk on but gave him a scholarship. I'd take 4 Kyle Morris's and give him access to Draft Kings anyday over 'Sky'.

I'd say the dorkiest of dorks was Luke Del Rio. But I'd take him over Mornhinweg. Speaking of Mc is such a dork and his QB was such a reflection. Chris Leak and Tim Tebow chose not to get laid while QB's at UF. Luke had no choice.

Looking back, what such dark times.

That was without a doubt the WORST Gator QB I've seen in my life. At least other unpopular QB's had some strengths.

I definitely was big time against hiring Mullen but with how things look I believe as long as AR takes over or plays a lot this year we might be winning a championship after all these years. By using that portal he has shored up DT big time and he can scheme plays really good. I just hope him being hard headed on the Jones situation doesn't cost us winning the SEC this season or even to lose AR for next season as Jones might not be bolting for the NFL and AR looks to clearly be a 3 year and go NFL talent. Grantham has me a little worried also as far as winning the SEC/playoff this year or next.

Reactions: gatordad3
I definitely was big time against hiring Mullen but with how things look I believe as long as AR takes over or plays a lot this year we might be winning a championship after all these years. By using that portal he has shored up DT big time and he can scheme plays really good. I just hope him being hard headed on the Jones situation doesn't cost us winning the SEC this season or even to lose AR for next season as Jones might not be bolting for the NFL and AR looks to clearly be a 3 year and go NFL talent. Grantham has me a little worried also as far as winning the SEC/playoff this year or next.
AR ain’t going nowhere. (Bad grammar intentional) He’s a Gainesville kid and he loves the gators and CDM.

Reactions: PacoGator19
AR ain’t going nowhere. (Bad grammar intentional) He’s a Gainesville kid and he loves the gators and CDM.
Never say never. If Jones was left ahead of him and came back next season he possibly could to get the year on tape for the NFL. Especially if he could go to an FBS school like all these recent transfers. Teams would be dying for him. Some could set up 100s of thousands in name deals easily to get him if Mullen did that.

Look what Cam got money wise and he didnt have those crazy plays like AR on tape in actual games.

I'm still trying to figure out why Mullenz offered an overhyped QB like Carson Pecker a scholarship when we had AR-15 and laughable how he was nowhere to be found, nor was he mentioned when Georgia had QB problems last season.
I'm surprised Pecker hasn't hit the portal now that freshman Brock Vandagriff is waiting his turn.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I'm still trying to figure out why Mullenz offered an overhyped QB like Carson Pecker a scholarship when we had AR-15 and laughable how he was nowhere to be found, nor was he mentioned when Georgia had QB problems last season.
I'm surprised Pecker hasn't hit the portal now that freshman Brock Vandagriff is waiting his turn.
Pecker made a huge mistake going to football route instead of baseball. He could be playing for O'Sully, a coach whom always seems to get players drafted and usually always makes the post season. Instead he is holding a clip board.

I haven't been around here in awhile. TOS just sucks me in everytime! I think Mullen gets the most out of his players and I love that we have Savage. I'm starting to feel good about our future with Mullen, I just wish we would capitalize on recruiting with Miami and FSwho being down so bad. Just think what he could do with more talent like Bama seems to have.

I ended up here because somehow I ended up on the main board and can't post. Logged in with no reply privileges. Weird

Reactions: Gator Fever

This sounds like being an apologist for the worst coach at UF since Doug Dickey, even butters was an upgrade, although your last paragraph rallies a bit. Muschamp left the offensive roster disjointed and in shambles, which was a problem that butters wasn't a good enough recruiter to fix. What should have happened is Muschamp being fired after he went 4-7 in 2013 and UF hires James Franklin, instead the brand was further driven into the ground by butters. If UF makes that move and hires Franklin, UF never misses a beat. Bringing back Muschamp was just one of Foley's many follies.

Mullen got the job at the perfect time for him as a coach. But this was always going to be a five year process, the roster was trash and we had 7 scholarship o-lineman when Mullen took over. That alone was going to take five years to fix (we're still not done, depth is better and we're physical)

Reactions: PacoGator19
I haven't been around here in awhile. TOS just sucks me in everytime! I think Mullen gets the most out of his players and I love that we have Savage. I'm starting to feel good about our future with Mullen, I just wish we would capitalize on recruiting with Miami and FSwho being down so bad. Just think what he could do with more talent like Bama seems to have.

I ended up here because somehow I ended up on the main board and can't post. Logged in with no reply privileges. Weird

Good point about Savage as we were physically handling Bama at the lines even with their deer antler velvet supplements.

Problem is some other SEC teams and ones like OSU are taking quite a few of those players. Maybe if we could win the SEC this year it will help with the recruiting some.

Reactions: DLinOrlando
I actually thought McElwain did better here at UF than Muschamp.
He did but he had nowhere near the intensity of Muschamp. He didn’t take conditioning seriously and it showed especially in that season opener vs Michigan. As I said before wearing shades by the pool and sipping drinks were his things.

He did but he had nowhere near the intensity of Muschamp. He didn’t take conditioning seriously and it showed especially in that season opener vs Michigan. As I said before wearing shades by the pool and sipping drinks were his things.
Yes but intensity like Muschamp had isn’t necessarily always a good thing when your the head coach. McElwain certainly wasn’t very good but I do think he still did better than Muschamp.

Reactions: sadgator
Trying to remember how good Georgia was when Muschamp was here but when we won the East with Mac those 2 times Georgia wasn't that good. I would probably consider Mac the worst with how things imploded that 3rd year.

McElwain had a 64% winning percentage whereas Muschamp had a 57% winning percentage here at UF for whatever that is worth. I didn’t look at the schedules to really digest if one had it harder than the other but I’m pretty sure the East was relatively down during both of their tenures here at UF.

Looking at it now Muschamp had a way harder East. Usually 2 other good teams those years as I forgot about Spurrier having those 3 seasons with 11 wins at SC. Missouri had those 2 years also where they were good.

Mac had it really easy the first 2 years and Georgia just got good again that 3rd year it appears.

Last edited:
Looking at it now Muschamp had a way harder East. Usually 2 other good teams those years as I forgot about Spurrier having those 3 seasons with 11 wins at SC. Missouri had those 2 years also where they were good.

Mac had it really easy the first 2 years and Georgia just got good again that 3rd year it appears.
I don’t think Mizzou was that good but everybody else was bad.

I don’t think Mizzou was that good but everybody else was bad.
I would have to look at those 2 years they won the East. I just remember they could score a lot and the game Auburn beat them for the SEC. Forgot if we beat them either of those years or how Spurrier did against them. That is crazy Spurrier was able to win 11 games 3 straight years at SC even if FL and Tenn were down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT