ADVERTISEMENT

I don't know that it will do any good, but because I loathe the ATF

I don't believe cheaper prices and easier access will solve the other crimes associated with drug use.

Meth is cheap as hell. Meth heads are more likely than anyone to burglarized your house and steal your catalytic converter.
That's less a manifestation of the drug than the personality of user. I've seen buck wild heroin addicts turn into model citizens when they know where their methadone is coming from every day. And half the bikers I know use meth and they not only manage to go on long formation rides without killing people they manage to hold on to their day jobs as well. Nobody is saying legalizing drugs is going to stop ambitious crackheads and methheads so you keep locking them up for the crimes they commit and try to rehab them while they're locked up.

Besides the way we're doing it now has been an abject failure for 75 years, why not try it my way.

That's less a manifestation of the drug than the personality of user. I've seen buck wild heroin addicts turn into model citizens when they know where their methadone is coming from every day. And half the bikers I know use meth and they not only manage to go on long formation rides without killing people they manage to hold on to their day jobs as well. Nobody is saying legalizing drugs is going to stop ambitious crackheads and methheads so you keep locking them up for the crimes they commit and try to rehab them while they're locked up.

Besides the way we're doing it now has been an abject failure for 75 years, why not try it my way.

I believe your way will create more addicts.

It also won't be self-sufficient. Just like the methadone clinics, they'll be funded by taxpayers.

No one does meth and stays sane. No one. It literally dissolves your bones and teeth and shrinks and hardens your brain. The good meth does that. The dirty meth does much worse.

I believe your way will create more addicts.

It also won't be self-sufficient. Just like the methadone clinics, they'll be funded by taxpayers.

No one does meth and stays sane. No one. It literally dissolves your bones and teeth and shrinks and hardens your brain. The good meth does that. The dirty meth does much worse.
No offense brother but that's the same argument the gun control folks use.

No offense brother but that's the same argument the gun control folks use.
And methadone clinics are funded by the taxpayers because heroin is illegal. tax the heroin and you don't have that problem. You think they're choking dudes out for selling untaxed cigarettes because they aren't making money hand over fist? The only reason moonshiners are still around is tradition.

And methadone clinics are funded by the taxpayers because heroin is illegal. tax the heroin and you don't have that problem. You think they're choking dudes out for selling untaxed cigarettes because they aren't making money hand over fist? The only reason moonshiners are still around is tradition.

And you think selling schedule 2 narcotics legally to addicts is a legitimate business model?

You can stay high all day on meth for $10-20. Yet those people are so consumed by their addiction they still have to steal your crap to support their habits.

Taxing heroine use will not pay for what heroine addicts will cost society. Once these hyper-addictive drugs latch on to your soul, you aren't going to work anymore. So how do you buy your legal drugs? The short answer is women will sell their bodies and the men will rob and steal.

Your right to bear arms is constitutionally protected. Your right to smoke spice, set the neighbors kids on fire and rob the old lady down the street is not.
Correct me if I'm wrong but setting the neighbor kids on fire and robbing that old lady is still a crime if you're sober.

Other than a mass migration of homeless people and the sanitation issues they bring, Colorado has not experienced the severe crime uptick predicted.

Hell you want to know why they don't have the San Francisco needle problem in Amsterdam?

Because it's one for one exchange. Plus, junkies are expected to keep their areas tidy and not bother the tourist. Law enforcement doesn't have nearly as many restrictions on rousting the undesirable as we do here.

And you think selling schedule 2 narcotics legally to addicts is a legitimate business model?

You can stay high all day on meth for $10-20. Yet those people are so consumed by their addiction they still have to steal your crap to support their habits.

Taxing heroine use will not pay for what heroine addicts will cost society. Once these hyper-addictive drugs latch on to your soul, you aren't going to work anymore. So how do you buy your legal drugs? The short answer is women will sell their bodies and the men will rob and steal.
And what's stopping them now?

Obviously the deterrent of punishment isn't working.

the people that tell me i cant smoke a joint or snort a line of whatever i want.
go-and-get-it-man-cool-hand-luke.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but setting the neighbor kids on fire and robbing that old lady is still a crime if you're sober.

It is. You're also less likely to do it if you aren't smoking spice

Other than a mass migration of homeless people and the sanitation issues they bring, Colorado has not experienced the severe crime uptick predicted.

Weed though, right?

Hell you want to know why they don't have the San Francisco needle problem in Amsterdam?

Because it's one for one exchange. Plus, junkies are expected to keep their areas tidy and not bother the tourist. Law enforcement doesn't have nearly as many restrictions on rousting the undesirable as we do here.

They also spend a lot of taxpayer money on it.

And one for one exchanges sound great. But if you don't have one to turn in, they still give you one. The only way to keep a junkies needles off the street is to clean up after them regularly.

Addicts don't care about rules. The only thing that they care about is getting high. Eventually they don't even care about food. Forced to make a choice, they will absolutely starve themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
And what's stopping them now?

Obviously the deterrent of punishment isn't working.

If we make it legal and more accessible, do you think we will have more or less drug addicts?

What we're doing now is no better than a stop gap. It sucks. I think legalization of schedule 2 will make things MUCH worse. I don't care about weed. Schedule 2's are entirely different.

• Haha
If we make it legal and more accessible, do you think we will have more or less drug addicts?

What we're doing now is no better than a stop gap. It sucks. I think legalization of schedule 2 will make things MUCH worse. I don't care about weed. Schedule 2's are entirely different.
it's not a zero sum game. You start with marijuana, and work your way down, see what works. I'm with you, I don't feel like you can pair the words responsible and meth head / crack head.

But the hypocrisy of some drugs being legal and others not so much? Meh.

it's not a zero sum game. You start with marijuana, and work your way down, see what works. I'm with you, I don't feel like you can pair the words responsible and meth head / crack head.

But the hypocrisy of some drugs being legal and others not so much? Meh.

I'm reasonably certain that the consequences of such an experiment would be disastrous. And not just for the drug addicts.

The sad reality is that only about 12% of schedule 2 drug addicts will ever get clean prior to death. 100% are clean afterwards, however.

• Haha
No, i dont like piss ants telling what i can and cannot do. no offense.
I need both of you to stop or you can go post on another board. Yes, there ARE rules and if you continue to break them you will not be on this board. Enough of the back and forth with each other..........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT