ADVERTISEMENT

I believe we missed on Trey Sanders

GatorGraz

Baby Gator
Sep 18, 2018
Gainesville, Fl
Sanders was the gift I wanted for Christmas but inside reports are suggesting we lose him to UGA. UGA impressed him the week before he came to us and with Alabama losing Locksley to Maryland, it opened the door for UGA. This one hurts due to the fact of his close proximity to our campus, his brother is on our roster and his mother wanted him to come to Florida. Those are all the strings you could ever ask for but we couldn’t close the door on him.

Quick question.... Why the hell do running backs keep going to UGA? This dude could start at almost any school....he chooses the one where hes 4th on the depth chart

Reactions: GatorGraz
Yeah the bulldog money is strong right now. I like our backs for next year in Perine and Pierce but sanders could’ve been that offensive piece that defenses have to scheme against which opens up the passing game. Much like Dalvin Cook! Even though he was a Seminole, I always enjoyed watching him run the ball.

I believe to a certain extent that’s just a product of good RBs that went to UGA. All those guys had they gone somewhere else would’ve been starting in the NFL.....

The Gators are pretty loaded at RB for 2019... o_O

#3 RB Nay'Quan Wright 5-9 193 **** Natl 172
(bowling ball)

#8 RB Dameon Pierce 5-10 216 **** Natl 112
#9 APB-RB/FS Iverson Clement 5-11 202 **** 329
(thunder & lightening)

2017 - #16 RB Malik Davis 5-11 191 ****
(broke Clemson's Ray-Ray McCloud's HS Records)

2016 - #11 RB Lamical Perine 5-11 227 ****
(AL APB of the Year)

Last edited:
Reactions: ocalaman
I believe to a certain extent that’s just a product of good RBs that went to UGA. All those guys had they gone somewhere else would’ve been starting in the NFL.....

Basically. Nothing annoys me more than hearing “so and so school produces X position!” They don’t produce shit. There’s a reason schools spend millions of dollars recruiting players, it’s the talent. Especially at a position like RB which is just all instinct.

Reactions: fsumc
There’s a reason RB coach is usually for the best recruiter on the staff. Make sure a guy knows his blocking assignments and work on drills that emphasize not fumbling the ball. RB is pure God given talent. Vision, speed, strength, and agility.

Reactions: oozie7

#3 RB Nay'[Quan Wright 5-9 193 **** Natl 172
(bowling ball)

(thunder & lightening)

(AL APB of the Year)

That’s if Davis can stay healthy, Iverson hasn’t really ran the ball since he’s been at Florida. He’s been practicing with the DBs due to attrition. I love Pierce and Perine. Wright is a bit of an unknown because of his injury his junior year. He was stud prior to his injury.

Last edited:
That’s if Davis can stay healthy, Pierce (I know you meant Iverson) hasn’t really ran the ball since he’s been at Florida. He’s been practicing with the DBs due to attrition. I love Pierce and Perine. Wright is a bit of an unknown because of his injury his junior year. He was stud prior to his injury.

Perine - 128 for 750 net yds, 5.9 ypc, 6 TD's, L-74, 82.5 yds/gm

Pierce - 65 for 425 net yds, 6.5 ypc, 2 TD's, L-68, 35.4 yds/gm

Davis - 13 for 61 net yds, 4.7 ypc, -- injured out after 1 gm.
(he's projected back for Spring, and injury can happen to any of them, that's what makes a committee RB corp so much better than just having 1 great RB)

Clement - 4 for 17 net yds, 4.3 ypc - #9 APB - RB/FS
In Bowl practice, Iverson broke off a long TD run with a wicked cut move.

~ WR/RB Toney - 19 for 204 yds, 10.7 ypc, L-34

And by Sept, Wright will be in top (Savage) form and ready to go.

Perine - 128 for 750 net yds, 5.9 ypc, 6 TD's, L-74, 82.5 yds/gm

Pierce - 65 for 425 net yds, 6.5 ypc, 2 TD's, L-68, 35.4 yds/gm

Davis - 13 for 61 net yds, 4.7 ypc, -- injured out after 1 gm.
(he's projected back for Spring, and injury can happen to any of them, that's what makes a committee RB corp so much better than just having 1 great RB)

Clement - 4 for 17 net yds, 4.3 ypc - #9 APB - RB/FS
In Bowl practice, Iverson broke off a long TD run with a wicked cut move.

~ WR/RB Toney - 19 for 204 yds, 10.7 ypc, L-34

And by Sept, Wright will be in top (Savage) form and ready to go.

My point is you never know how years will shake out with injuries etc. Davis was a great RB before he got hurt (torn acl). This year was the deepest and most talented we’ve been at RB in a long time. Scarlett, Perine and Pierce were very effective and dominant at times. Scarlett leaves so that leaves us Perine and Pierce. Those two guys could be dynamic but adding a guy like sanders is just a weapon a defense has to scheme for. He’s dynamic and has breakaway speed. I just wanted him on our squad that’s all (which I know can still happen technically)

I'd be fine with Sanders at UF. He'd be a great addition to an already solid and 5-6 deep RB corp, but I won't lose any sleep over it if he chooses to go elsewhere.

Just like I didn't lose any sleep over it when Fields chose to be a buttsniffer... :cool:

Quick question.... Why the hell do running backs keep going to UGA? This dude could start at almost any school....he chooses the one where hes 4th on the depth chart
If Holyfield gets 54 yards against Texas that makes 4 1000 yard rushers in the last 2 years, which has never happened in CFB. He'll get his chance to earn PT. He'll get his chance to get his yards without getting overused in college. UGA OL is going to be nasty and it's very appealing to rbs.

Even with an entirely new coaching staff, a weak OL coming back, and our 2017 starting RB injured out (Davis 1 gm) the Gators run by committee put up over 2,500 total rushing yards. The two most productive RB's combined for around 1,500 yards, with the rest of the team getting the other 1,000+ yards.

Add to that the huge leap is quality and depth of the 2019 Gator OL, with a run first spread offense.

Trey can play wherever he chooses to play, no big deal either way imo.

Last edited:
But why go and sit at UGA when u could go somewhere else and do the same thing.

You still get enough reps to showcase your talent for scouts but with fewer hits than other draftees, which in turn bumps your stock up even more.

(bowling ball)

(thunder & lightening)

(AL APB of the Year)
Nay'Quan Wright just got named Miami-Dade County Player of the Year. Considering how many D1 players come out of there, he must be a helluva player. And I don't think Perine has declared for the NFL yet and I read that he's seriously considering coming back. Either way, we're very solid at RB.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Nayquan Wright is a very good RB. RB is not a position where we are hurting at right now at UF. Assuming Perine comes back of course.

No announcement yet, but I'm guessing that Scarlett is off to the NFL.
Even if Scarlett and Perine both left, Dan would still have a very solid running corp

Projected 2019 RB's:

RB Scarlett rsSr 5-11 210 - 5.9 ypc
Perine Sr 5-11 227 - 5.9 ypc
-----
WR/RB Toney Jr 5-11 190 - 10.7 ypc
RB Davis rsSo 5-11 191- 4.7 ypc
RB Pierce So 5-10 216 - 6.5 ypc
RB/FS Clement rsFr 5-11 202 - 4.3 ypc
RB Wright Fr 5-9 195 **** 5.9 - rock solid with both speed and cuts

Plus 4 QB's and several WR's that can run the ball when/if needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando

(bowling ball)

(thunder & lightening)

(AL APB of the Year)

#17 :D

bartolo-colon.gif

That baseball guy must be from Choke-la-homo... :cool:

When's the last time that a Choker baseball team won the CWS? o_O

And just like I said before the season, I wouldn't trade UF's RB corp for your Chokers. That holds true for the coming 2019 season, even if both Scarlett and Perine left early for the NFL.

BTW, do your Chokers have 2 RB's that are good enough that they might leave early for the NFL? :p

That baseball guy must be from Choke-la-homo... :cool:

When's the last time that a Choker baseball team won the CWS? o_O

And just like I said before the season, I wouldn't trade UF's RB corp for your Chokers. That holds true for the coming 2019 season, even if both Scarlett and Perine left early for the NFL.

BTW, do your Chokers have 2 RB's that are good enough that they might leave early for the NFL? :p

Scarlett and Perine? Won’t get drafted :rolleyes:

Rodney Anderson who lit up the leghumpers for over 220 yards last year you nitwit:rolleyes: hes already declared

*Dustbowl chokers NFL

Redskins - Adrian Peterson :cool:
Redskins - Back up Samaje Perine:cool:
Bengals - Joe Mixon :cool:
Chiefs -Damien Williams :cool:

* Leghumpers NFL

Browns- Nick Chubb :cool:
Patriots - Sony Michel :cool:
RAMS - Todd Gurley :cool:

How many Lizzerds? :eek:

Last edited:
So, when the answer is NO, you chose to not answer but try to throw more confetti into the air instead. So typical of a dust-bowl choker with his head-nailed-to-da-flor... :rolleyes:

Every Gator starting RB since before Emmitt Smith has gone on to the NFL. Some did better, some not so much, but they all got their NFL shot at the brass riing.... :p

In 2018, Perine and Scarlett both have rushed for 5.9 ypc on the season, against a real SoS that included 7 SEC bowl teams, with 5 of them that are in the final CFP Top 25, not the chumps your guys played to run up their stats...., :oops:

But Perine and Scarlett won't get drafted... :D:confused::D

The ONLY way they don't get drafted is IF they come back for their Sr season... o_O

IF they both come back, then UF will certainly have the 'best and deepest' RB corp in college football for 2019. :p

And I'd put Emmitt and Fred Taylor ahead of any RB that's ever played for your chokers. :cool:

This 9-10 win season is just the beginning for 'Dan the Man.' :cool:
He is building up the team for now, and even more for the future....o_O

Projected 2019 RB's:

RB Jordan Scarlett 5-11 210 rsSr - 5.9 ypc - Possible NFL ED

RB Lamical Perine 5-11 227 Sr - 5.9 ypc - Possible NFL ED
-----
WR/RB Kadarius Toney 5-11 190 Jr - 10.2 ypc

RB Malik Davis 5-11 191 rsSo - 4.7 ypc

RB Dameon Pierce 5-10 216 So - 6.5 ypc

RB/FS Iverson Clement 5-11 202 rsFr - 4.4 ypc
(very limited use at RB while being held as a back-up at FS)

APB Nay'Quan Wright 5-9 193 Fr - Miami, FL (R-#3 APB ****)
Offers - UF -- UA, UGA, Mia, Mary, Utah, WVa, Wis, etc...

7 RB's if nobody goes out early.
5 Top quality RB's even if both Scarlett and Perine go. o_O

~ Notice the class balance already in the RB position, (rsSr-Sr-Jr-rsSo-So-rsFr-Fr)

The same at the less deep QB position: rsJr-rsJr-So-Fr-1 2020 QB-dt commit

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT