ADVERTISEMENT

How the hell did Oregon allow 2 offensive rebounds on FT in the final 5 seconds?

GordonGecko

Ring of Honor
Mar 29, 2002
Unreal.

It's called boxing out. I learned it on the elementary school playground.

I'd love to just once mess up like that with 4 misses in a row and it not matter and just get the lucky bounces to win anyway

Reactions: GordonGecko
Oregon's big guy, Bell, is great at shot blocking, but he doesn't pay much attention to the basics of blocking out. North Carolina shot the ball bad enough to lose, but Oregon's 2 stars, Brooks & Dorsey, had very poor games and their excellent freshman guard, Pritchard, wasn't on the floor enough due to foul trouble.

First one was a lucky bounce. The second one, Meeks put his hand in Bell's back and drove him like a blocking sled 10 feet under the basket, right in front of the ref. Bell had 16 boards in the game, so he knows how to block out. I don't know what Oregon shot from 3 in the second half, but it seemed like they missed a ton of good looks.

Oregon's big guy, Bell, is great at shot blocking, but he doesn't pay much attention to the basics of blocking out. North Carolina shot the ball bad enough to lose, but Oregon's 2 stars, Brooks & Dorsey, had very poor games and their excellent freshman guard, Pritchard, wasn't on the floor enough due to foul trouble.

Right, he had 16 boards against one of he best rebounding teams in the country, but doesn't know about blocking out.

Just watched the replay on ESPN.com. You guys were definitely right on the first one. Second one was over the back but Bell could have been stronger on the box out.

Insane. With almost 6 seconds left, they totally could've scored off the first one.

Meeks going up against that bearded polish dude for Gonzaga in the final should be interesting though.

He's better than the Gamecock from Estonia....practically Latvian...but Estonians have small dicks.

OH SNAP!! BALTIC STATES SMACK TALK!

Reactions: sadgator
We need a good strong European Ox on our team, like Svein Dyrkolbotn.

Not like that pussy Christian Drejer.

I forgot about Drejer....dude was soft.

In his first year of college basketball, Drejer had an injury in his left foot which kept him sidelined for most of the season. The injury remained a problem for the rest of his career. In 2007–08 he had surgery twice but never fully recovered; in March 2008 he was released from his contract by Virtus Roma and on March 11 the Basketball Federation of Denmark (Danmarks Basketball-Forbund) sent out a press release announcing Drejer's retirement.[1]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT