ADVERTISEMENT

how many years have to go by before someone even at least says something

We lead the SEC in penalties just about every year regardless of coach. Meyer, Spurrier and Muschamp become head coaches somewhere else and all of a sudden their teams don't get called for penalties like they did when they were coaching at UF.

We lead the SEC in penalties just about every year regardless of coach. Meyer, Spurrier and Muschamp become head coaches somewhere else and all of a sudden their teams don't get called for penalties like they did when they were coaching at UF.
In my experience, it is not so much the penalties that get called on us, although I agree we get a lot of judgment calls go against us. But it is the lack of calls on our opponent for the same transgressions. The lack of the offensive pass interference on the only USCe TD drive is just one such example. The holding call on #45 on the punt return is another such example. That could have gone either way. Yet USCe had several far more egregious holding examples on one or two screen passes that were not called.

I just want officials to be consistent.

Last edited:
Reactions: g8rbass94
this is no accident, it's done deliberately and nothing has been done about it.. or even said

Gawd's but this is the oldest story in UF history imo. :cool:

Even before SOS arrived to be our HBC, I'd advocated that UF leave the 'Officially' corrupt SEC because of the way the Gators were held down for so long by the Alabama based game officials and their long standing hatred of the Gators.

Years ago Mick quoted me on the air with this:
"No matter the systems used on offense or defense, and no matter who the Gator HBC is, year after year the Gators are the most penalized team in the SEC, (or at least in the Top 3 most penalized)." :mad:

~ While Alabama is the same at the opposite end of the penalty scale, the least, or one of the 3 least penalized teams in the SEC. o_O

Of course, the SEC Home Offices being in Alabama has absolutely nothing to do with that reality.... :rolleyes:

And even when in an individual game the number of penalties are close to even, it's when and where the penalties are called, many times to kill Gator drives, or to keep the other teams drives alive.

Football genius Spurrier's solution to that problem was to score so many points that he could often take the corrupt-biased officials out of the games decision.
So instead, they harped on UF as the RUTS punks, while ignoring the many other teams that also won games by 35+ point spreads, just like they still do today. :mad:

And this is a big part of the reason that old time Gator fans like myself, want an offense that can put up a lot of points, like SOS did. :cool:

If the suggestion is that there is some great conspiracy against UF, sadgator doesn't buy it. Why would they need to,...right now, we suck enough on our own!
Despite how bad we have sucked. We have still competed for the east during our suckage years. Remember it took a miracle catch by UGA to beat Auburn during Zooks first year. The year Dallas Baker got the flag for slap back right in front of the official vs UT...had wr won that game, we probably would have won the east.

Even Muschamp had a chance for the east with his lone loss vs UGA during the regular season.

I want to say his led teams weren't out of contention until late except for his 4-8 season.

We won the east in year one with Mc and with one UF win or one UT loss, we are back.

You will never ever ever win the SECCG if you don't win the division.

No matter the matchup on paper, anything can happen in a championship game.

Do the little things to keep UF out of Atlanta, they can't win the SECCG.

If the suggestion is that there is some great conspiracy against UF, sadgator doesn't buy it. Why would they need to,...right now, we suck enough on our own!
I would be interested to see a study that shows if UF opponents are called for more penalties or less penalties than their average when they play us?

I would be interested to see a study that shows if UF opponents are called for more penalties or less penalties than their average when they play us?

Then have at it and do the 'study' for yourself. o_O
Afterwards, you can share it with the rest of us.... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT