ADVERTISEMENT

Holes, please chime in regarding last night's CWS championship game

TJtheGator

Gator Great
Jun 4, 2001
Please answer the following in as much detail as possible?

1) What was your reaction to game #1?

2) When did you realize last night that UF had a good chance to win?

3) When did you throw in the towel?

4) How much pain were you in? Can you quantify this pain into standardized units of suffering?

5) What is your reaction this morning when you woke up and realized UF has completed the trifecta of college sports: National Championships in football, basketball, and baseball?

6) What was your reaction to realizing that the Gators completed the accomplishments of question 5 in the last decade?

7) What will you demand of HalfA$$U athletics now?

8) Will you call for Mike Martin to be put out to pasture?

9) What about Lenny the Ham?

10) Take a knee, bow down to the mighty Gator program, and piss off!

I'll take another football win over this any day.

I don't believe that for a second. I am a casual baseball fan and a lunatic football fan. I wouldn't trade my schools one and only baseball championship for another win unless it resulted in a championship in football, just any old win wouldn't do. Of course fsu doesn't win championships in other sports ever, so you've no point of reference.

5 in a row and 7 out of 8 beating the Gators in football is worth it to me. Comprehend that!

I'm a huge football fan, but I'd take the 1st baseball championship over a 4th football championship, especially what with FSU being there for like 22 times and still hasn't gotten one.

Please answer the following in as much detail as possible?

1) What was your reaction to game #1?

4) How much pain were you in? Can you quantify this pain into standardized units of suffering?

5) What is your reaction this morning when you woke up and realized UF has completed the trifecta of college sports: National Championships in football, basketball, and baseball?

6) What was your reaction to realizing that the Gators completed the accomplishments of question 5 in the last decade?

1) What was your reaction to game #1? For some reason I was behind a game and didn't realize UF had won it until last night at my daughter's Sweet 16 party. My father-in-law leaned over and asked, "What are your thoughts on Florida winning the College World Series?" I said [apparently too loud], "You're shitting me!? They did what!? They beat LSU twice already!?"

2) When did you realize last night that UF had a good chance to win? I didn't....see above. Missed the game.

3) When did you throw in the towel? In the middle of dinner last night.

4) How much pain were you in? Can you quantify this pain into standardized units of suffering? It turned my stomach. I actually lost my appetite knowing I HAD TO COME HERE to congratulate MJ, Oozie, and the rest of the gang.

5) What is your reaction this morning when you woke up and realized UF has completed the trifecta of college sports: National Championships in football, basketball, and baseball? Damnit. I actually didn't put it into full perspective until reading that.

6) What was your reaction to realizing that the Gators completed the accomplishments of question 5 in the last decade? :eek:

7) What will you demand of HalfA$$U athletics now? Status Quo...fire Ham and Bowden #11.

8) Will you call for Mike Martin to be put out to pasture? Of course.

9) What about Lenny the Ham? Do you even have to ask?

10) Take a knee, bow down to the mighty Gator program, and piss off! STANDARD RRT RESPONSE: Can't wait to kick your arse in football....again. ;)

In all....gulp....seriousness, though. Congrats, fellas. Enjoy!

5 in a row and 7 out of 8 beating the Gators in football is worth it to me. Comprehend that!

This is stupid logic, they're not mutually exclusive, when we were spanking ya'll and winning titles when Meyer was here we were also winning big in basketball. it isn't an either or proposition. You don't care about other sports, as indicated in another thread, because fsu sucks at every other sport and can't win a title. You have no choice but to be a football only fan.

Psst facility upgrades are coming, Mac has finally recruited over the muschamp failings, you're about to lose football too, it's inevitable.

This is stupid logic, they're not mutually exclusive, when we were spanking ya'll and winning titles when Meyer was here we were also winning big in basketball. it isn't an either or proposition. You don't care about other sports, as indicated in another thread, because fsu sucks at every other sport and can't win a title. You have no choice but to be a football only fan.
Not to take anything away from UF winning the CWS [sadly, that's an impressive accomplishment], the opposite of not winning a title is NOT "sucks".

I prefer to go with "FSU underachieves at many other sports". FSU sent 100% of its teams to a bowl game in football and the NCAA Tournament in all other sports for the 2016-17 season. In doing so, they've won four conference championships, made The Elite 8, were Orange Bowl Champs, and played in the College World series.

To your point, though, FSU has only won 3 National Titles to UF's 19 (across 9 different sports) in the last decade. It is an impressive feat and to say otherwise is foolish, BUT to also say, "fsu sucks at every other sport" is equally as foolish....if we're being intellectually honest.

In terms of TOTAL athletics, I'd say UF is 2nd only to Stanford.

ADDED AFTER: FSU is #13 in the Directors Cup standings. St Peters is 293. St Peters sucks

Last edited:
Not to take anything away from UF winning the CWS [sadly, that's an impressive accomplishment], the opposite of not winning a title is NOT "sucks".

I prefer to go with "FSU underachieves at many other sports". FSU sent 100% of its teams to a bowl game in football and the NCAA Tournament in all other sports for the 2016-17 season. In doing so, they've won four conference championships, made The Elite 8, were Orange Bowl Champs, and played in the College World series.

To your point, though, FSU has only won 3 National Titles to UF's 19 (across 9 different sports) in the last decade. It is an impressive feat and to say otherwise is foolish, BUT to also say, "fsu sucks at every other sport" is equally as foolish....if we're being intellectually honest.

I need you stop being reasonable right effing now.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
1) What was your reaction to game #1? For some reason I was behind a game and didn't realize UF had won it until last night at my daughter's Sweet 16 party. My father-in-law leaned over and asked, "What are your thoughts on Florida winning the College World Series?" I said [apparently too loud], "You're shitting me!? They did what!? They beat LSU twice already!?"

2) When did you realize last night that UF had a good chance to win? I didn't....see above. Missed the game.

3) When did you throw in the towel? In the middle of dinner last night.

4) How much pain were you in? Can you quantify this pain into standardized units of suffering? It turned my stomach. I actually lost my appetite knowing I HAD TO COME HERE to congratulate MJ, Oozie, and the rest of the gang.

5) What is your reaction this morning when you woke up and realized UF has completed the trifecta of college sports: National Championships in football, basketball, and baseball? Damnit. I actually didn't put it into full perspective until reading that.

6) What was your reaction to realizing that the Gators completed the accomplishments of question 5 in the last decade? :eek:

7) What will you demand of HalfA$$U athletics now? Status Quo...fire Ham and Bowden #11.

8) Will you call for Mike Martin to be put out to pasture? Of course.

9) What about Lenny the Ham? Do you even have to ask?

10) Take a knee, bow down to the mighty Gator program, and piss off! STANDARD RRT RESPONSE: Can't wait to kick your arse in football....again. ;)

In all....gulp....seriousness, though. Congrats, fellas. Enjoy!

Somehow people read a post like this and still think igloo is a bad guy.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
What was your reaction to game #1?

Didnt watch

Didnt even realize they were in the championship until i came on here

Didnt know the score of the game

O units. No pain.

I think about UF football becuz the other two are meaningless throw ins and im not sure if/when the gators ever won basketball

Had no idea. Still only care about football

Is that suppose to be fsu? I want to win more football vames if so including the annual beatdown at the end of the yr 

I dont know who that is

I dont know who that is either. If they r players bench them. If they are coaches fire them. If they r refs who screwed us over....idk

We beat u in football last yr. FSU 1 Gates 0

I don't believe that for a second. I am a casual baseball fan and a lunatic football fan. I wouldn't trade my schools one and only baseball championship for another win unless it resulted in a championship in football, just any old win wouldn't do. Of course fsu doesn't win championships in other sports ever, so you've no point of reference.

Im being honest. If u told me fsu football could win the national title and every other sport lost every game they played and i mean down to the wire heartbreakers. Or we won a national title in every other sport and fsu football goes 13 and 1 with no national title....i would take option A. I would trade every other meaningless championship in. I pay for 4 champions clubs seats in football. Look up how much that costs. I dont even know the players names on either b ball or baseball. If u held a gun to my head and said name someone, i couldnt do it. Either sport. Not only could i not name abcurrent player, i couldnt name an ex player either

Psst facility upgrades are coming, Mac has finally recruited over the muschamp failings, you're about to lose football too, it's inevitable.

I see we need a few, if im being honest post. If we were undefeated in baseball or basketball i still would not care or watch. Its boring to me. I get that others like it but i couldnt care less if we lost every game or won every game

I see we need a few, if im being honest post. If we were undefeated in baseball or basketball i still would not care or watch. Its boring to me. I get that others like it but i couldnt care less if we lost every game or won every game
There are some football only Gator fans as well. People like what they like. Personally, I like most sports and like some more than others. But as a UF alumni, I diligently follow all Gator sports and pull for them equally. I know football drives the money train and I love football. But I love and keep up with all Gator sports and relish each and every championship we win. But that's just me. To each his own.

Last edited:
There are some football only Gator fans as well. People like what they like. Personally, I like most sports and like some more than others. But as a UF alumni, I diligently follow all Gator sports and pull for them equally. I know football drives the money train and I love football. But I love and keep up with all Gator sports and relish each and every championship we win. But that's just me. To each his own.

Nothing wrong with that.

Not gonna pretend I keep up with the other sports as much as Football, but I probably keep up with them much more than any other fan of schools by far, it's not far behind for me.. I watch all games for every sport, especially now that I could see them all on my espn watch app all season long for baseball this year.. See every game in all sports and been that way for years

Not gonna pretend I keep up with the other sports as much as Football, but I probably keep up with them much more than any other fan of schools by far, it's not far behind for me.. I watch all games for every sport, especially now that I could see them all on my espn watch app all season long for baseball this year.. See every game in all sports and been that way for years

U need a girlfriend

no, no I don't.. Fastest way to murder a career for any coach

I get out of girls exactly what I need out of them, they all try to marry me like Im the best husband material ever for some reason.. Iv'e never been able to pull off a fling with women without them wanting to bring me home for Thanksgiving to meet the family in two weeks, since im well endowed, ill be the bigger person...

notice how another exhibit turns out, sully keeps underachieving with much better teams than this one, cans the broad... Wins it all with much lesser team and becomes king, that's the reverse negative power females have to ruin everything, then take all your money, while immediately being in a full blown relationship with another man in 2 weeks, TOPS...

Sully is a great coach. He owns FSU. He owns Miami. He owns the state of Florida. He wins SEC championships and now he has won a national championship. He's made I believe 6 CWS appearances already.

Well now that he's finally done what he's supposed to, with even less talent and FAR worse lineups than he's possessed in the past... The last waning doubt on him is gone, and winning that first one is always the toughest in any sport, much less the first ever for a school to make history... Takes the enormous edge and pressure off and allows you to play and coach relaxed and with confidence, won't be surprised in the least to see us fighting for another one like Softball has continued to do since they finally did the same and won one and keep getting back... Softball had the same issues with a lineup that couldn't hit and blew what they should have won this year to give us both in the same year much less the same month apart for both... When was the last time both won in the same year for any school in those sports? Only a matter of time before we can try to do that was well and have been in shape to do it a few times with both making the CWS the same years...

Somehow people read a post like this and still think igloo is a bad guy.
tenor.gif

Sully is a great coach. He owns FSU. He owns Miami. He owns the state of Florida. He wins SEC championships and now he has won a national championship. He's made I believe 6 CWS appearances already.

Shit, that guy does it all!!

article-0-1AAFB9C100000578-299_634x383.jpg

Congrats on the CWS. May it carry you through the fall.

Reactions: Dannygator1989
Not to take anything away from UF in inning the CWS [sadly, that's an impressive accomplishment], the opposite of not winning a title is NOT "sucks".

ADDED AFTER: FSU is #13 in the Directors Cup standings. St Peters is 293. St Peters sucks
How dare you! Only a POS would come here and bash St Peters. Damn, the world we live In now...sad times indeed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT