ADVERTISEMENT

Holes chicken out again!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that UF has had it's up and downs the past 10 years, but even in our 4 win seasons it never looked as bad as it looks at FSU right now. Season likely over at 2-6, so dysfunctional they just ended the season 3 weeks early. Even in COVID, nobody else is just packing it in. How do you go tell a recruit about the "excitement of being a Nole" when the lack of caring led to a season shut down a month early? Any elite kid who signs (heck, even considers signing) with FSU has rocks in his head. FSU right now is the worst Power 5 option in the entire southeast. Even Vandy has more upside. At least they can afford to fire their crappy coach.

I mean, look at their team. They had 43 players available this week, and they weren't all COVID related. How many do they have available before COVID? 60? You said that FSU has about the youngest starting lineup in America. You would have to bring all 60 back and sign a full class of 25 to get back to 85. And after this year there is no way you bring them all back. The rats are going to be running to the transfer portal, and anybody with any talent will be gone, those nobody else wants will stay. I doubt you bring back 50 next year, so you will have to sign 25 and scour the transfer portal to get up to a full squad. You are literally going to be the Bad News Bears next year, and there aren't any girl pitchers or juvenile delinquents around to suddenly make you good. You have Jacksonville State and UMass on the schedule next year, and those are the only games where I think you will be favored. Umass is winless this year, so you should have a good chance there, and Jax State, well, if they come to play you might lose to an FCS team. Yes, it's that bad.

We will have 65ish if everyone stays. We will probably take 7 or 8 thru portal or juco. This years class is awful, lots of different reasons but with a new coaching staff, no visits ( the new staff cant sell their vision), and looking like dog dooki on the field, its impossible to recruit. We were at a point to where we needed to clean house and get rid of the cancer. Marv and Terry both had knee surgery, we have 10 others out injured for the yr, about 15 got booted. Purdy will be the starter next year with jordan travis running the "wildcat". I think we are better next year, we wont be good but i think we can muster 5 wins. I dont know, u guys got beat by georgia southern at home, completely inept on offense in your 4 and 8 yr. Our reason for losing is defense but its not like the offense has been good either. Arguing over the tallest midget is boring, we are terrible and its as bad as ive ever seen it. We score on the first drive almost every game where its scripted but once it goes off script..... Yikes. We have a long road ahead, but just like UF, we will bounce back. Norvell is a good coach, Nick Saban couldnt have coached this team to a winning record, its an impossible task. The culture has to change, thats why Norvell booted 15 players, hell, we hear a few more will get the boot. The bad news for us is 2 of our classes were ruined by ESD. Now we have a covid class with a new staff, not good. Thats 3 classes that are just pieced together... Hence the product on the field. Our 2021 class is looking good so far. We have hunter and will get shade trees kid (marvin jones). Fsu wont be good for another 2 to 4 yrs. Depends on how well we recruit once the bans are lifted for recruits visiting. There is no sugar coating how bad we are but i dont blame it on Norvell like you guys are trying to. Dude inherited a shit storm and imo has actually exceeded expectations. I cant believe people are surprised by this yr. Last yr we had cam akers to carry us to some wins

We will have 65ish if everyone stays. We will probably take 7 or 8 thru portal or juco. This years class is awful, lots of different reasons but with a new coaching staff, no visits ( the new staff cant sell their vision), and looking like dog dooki on the field, its impossible to recruit. We were at a point to where we needed to clean house and get rid of the cancer. Marv and Terry both had knee surgery, we have 10 others out injured for the yr, about 15 got booted. Purdy will be the starter next year with jordan travis running the "wildcat". I think we are better next year, we wont be good but i think we can muster 5 wins. I dont know, u guys got beat by georgia southern at home, completely inept on offense in your 4 and 8 yr. Our reason for losing is defense but its not like the offense has been good either. Arguing over the tallest midget is boring, we are terrible and its as bad as ive ever seen it. We score on the first drive almost every game where its scripted but once it goes off script..... Yikes. We have a long road ahead, but just like UF, we will bounce back. Norvell is a good coach, Nick Saban couldnt have coached this team to a winning record, its an impossible task. The culture has to change, thats why Norvell booted 15 players, hell, we hear a few more will get the boot. The bad news for us is 2 of our classes were ruined by ESD. Now we have a covid class with a new staff, not good. Thats 3 classes that are just pieced together... Hence the product on the field. Our 2021 class is looking good so far. We have hunter and will get shade trees kid (marvin jones). Fsu wont be good for another 2 to 4 yrs. Depends on how well we recruit once the bans are lifted for recruits visiting. There is no sugar coating how bad we are but i dont blame it on Norvell like you guys are trying to. Dude inherited a shit storm and imo has actually exceeded expectations. I cant believe people are surprised by this yr. Last yr we had cam akers to carry us to some wins
It is a total disaster and Norvell is the sacrificial lamb that has to clean it up. The question is will he get the support he needs from the AD the boosters and he fans. this will be a multi year project.

Reactions: gatordad3

There is not one single thing Norvell has done this year to indicate he can rebuild the Hole program. He lied about the social justice conversations and was called out, he lied about informing the team of covid positive results and was called out, the players who called him out are fed up and quit the team, he has dismissed a bunch of players, he got his QB recruit hurt in practice, the team is disorganized, penalties are rampant, the culture is putrid and his Xs and Os are pedestrian at best. 2-6 record with a ginormous asterisk as it should be 2-8.

But hey, the man eats no carbs.

• Haha
Norvell may be a good coach or he may not but he certainly has never built a program up from the ground level. That is something I’m not sure he can do. Like I said he may be a good coach but he has done nothing this year that has been good or made any progress at all. Other first year head coaches like Pittman and Kiffin have shown progress. That is not the case from Norvell at all.

And regardless of that he has done a very poor job this year. Saban, Meyer, Swinney & Mullen would all of done a much better job than Norvell. Those coaches would have not lost to GT, Lville or Pitt. No freaking way. Those coaches would have 4-5 wins right now. It is what it is.

Norvell may be a good coach or he may not but he certainly has never built a program up from the ground level. That is something I’m not sure he can do. Like I said he may be a good coach but he has done nothing this year that has been good or made any progress at all. Other first year head coaches like Pittman and Kiffin have shown progress. That is not the case from Norvell at all.

And regardless of that he has done a very poor job this year. Saban, Meyer, Swinney & Mullen would all of done a much better job than Norvell. Those coaches would have not lost to GT, Lville or Pitt. No freaking way. Those coaches would have 4-5 wins right now. It is what it is.

I disagree with no progress at all. Getting rid of the bad apples is a necessity

I disagree with no progress at all. Getting rid of the bad apples is a necessity
I meant on the field progress. As for the bad apples. Do you mean the guys that were the captains that he had some hiccups with right off the bat?

I meant on the field progress. As for the bad apples. Do you mean the guys that were the captains that he had some hiccups with right off the bat?

No i think people outside the program dont understand Marvs relationship with Norvell. Marv could have left but came back to play for Norvell. Yes he went to social media but him and Norvell had a great relationship. Terry on the other hand started with a good one then it regressed. Terry skipped the sunday practice during our bye because "he always did that". He was yelling at dugans on the sideline and called him "fvck boi". Terry was great on the field but very cancerous off the field. He did shut it down becuz of injury but i wouldnt be surprsied to see him in the portal. Durden is another one, absolute cancer to the team. Blackman was another one (unintentionally, some loved him, some hated him but he divided the team constantly). Dontae Lucas is another one to look at, he has the worst attitude possible and going through a rebuild u cant have bad attitudes. We also ditched some others.
On the field progress i think he kept it neutral, this was happening whether it was Norvell or Willie. He improved the offense but the defense regressed massively.

We went 4-8 in 2013 and bounced back to 7 wins (would have been 8 lost a game to hurricane). We went 4-7 in 2017 and bounced back to win 10 games the next year. I don't see a bounce back any time soon for FSU. I don't think you've even hit bottom yet.

Nobody here thinks it's Norvell's fault that you are in this position, we just don't think he's going to make it any better.

Reactions: TJtheGator
We went 4-8 in 2013 and bounced back to 7 wins (would have been 8 lost a game to hurricane). We went 4-7 in 2017 and bounced back to win 10 games the next year. I don't see a bounce back any time soon for FSU. I don't think you've even hit bottom yet.

Nobody here thinks it's Norvell's fault that you are in this position, we just don't think he's going to make it any better.

We know that. But the Holes have never and will never be rational life forms.

Didn’t you see them this past spring masturbating one another raving about Norvell? “The guy is fit.” “No, fitter than fit.” “He’s a fitness nut.” “No! A fitness guru!” “THE MAN DOES NOT EAT CARBS!!!!!!” “His offenses are Kendall motherf**king Briles on acid!!!!!”

I’m starting to think they will quit this football season after 8 games so that Norvell’s 21st game falls in his third season. Must surpass the Willie Taggart bar.

No i think people outside the program dont understand Marvs relationship with Norvell. Marv could have left but came back to play for Norvell. Yes he went to social media but him and Norvell had a great relationship. Terry on the other hand started with a good one then it regressed. Terry skipped the sunday practice during our bye because "he always did that". He was yelling at dugans on the sideline and called him "fvck boi". Terry was great on the field but very cancerous off the field. He did shut it down becuz of injury but i wouldnt be surprsied to see him in the portal. Durden is another one, absolute cancer to the team. Blackman was another one (unintentionally, some loved him, some hated him but he divided the team constantly). Dontae Lucas is another one to look at, he has the worst attitude possible and going through a rebuild u cant have bad attitudes. We also ditched some others.
On the field progress i think he kept it neutral, this was happening whether it was Norvell or Willie. He improved the offense but the defense regressed massively.
The offense improved? I think FSU had a better offense last year didn’t they?
FSU just had another opt out as well. Not a good look for Norvell in his first year with all this happening during the season.

The offense improved? I think FSU had a better offense last year didn’t they?
FSU just had another opt out as well. Not a good look for Norvell in his first year with all this happening during the season.

Our season is over, hearing rumors the duke game wont be played which is why Asante announced he was going pro. I think the offense did improve comparative to the talent we had. Take Akers out last yr and we score maybe 10 pts a game. We had a superstar that we relied on. Not looking at stats (i actually dont know how the stats compare)

FSUs offense is worse this year than last year. FSU currently averages 22 points per game. Last year FSU averaged 27.9 points per game. Less yards per play and less total yards per game as well. Again FSU regressed on both offense and defense under Norvell.

I dont know if he will or not. I know he has a chance to do it. I know willie didnt. We will see. He has to recruit better but its understandable for the first yr with no visits being allowed.

FSUs offense is worse this year than last year. FSU currently averages 22 points per game. Last year FSU averaged 27.9 points per game. Again FSU regressed on both offense and defense under Norvell.

We also played an ACC only schedule this yr with only JSU to score points on. Again, i dont think stats show it.

We also played an ACC only schedule this yr with only JSU to score points on. Again, i dont think stats show it.
Well you played UF and Clemson last year and still had better stats last year. You didn’t play those 2 this year.

The ACC only looks a little better because ND is considered a ACC team this year.

SEC is dominant as usual. 4 teams in the top 9.

And now you wussed out against Duke.

End the year at 2-6?

Avoid a 7th loss so Norvell looks better than Willie?

Last edited by a moderator:
And now you wussed out against Duke.

End the year at 2-6?

Avoid a 7th loss so Norvell looks better than Willie?
Yep pretty embarrassing for the FSU admin and coaches. I have never seen any of the Big 3 in Florida be this bad on the field and off the field as FSU 2020 since I’ve watched college football. Looks like a pretty soft football program from top to bottom. They have a cultural problem all through the program that includes coaches and admin & not just the players.

Yep pretty embarrassing for the FSU admin and coaches. I have never seen any of the Big 3 in Florida be this bad on the field and off the field as FSU 2020 since I’ve watched college football. Looks like a pretty soft football program from top to bottom. They have a cultural problem all through the program that includes coaches and admin & not just the players.

What they don’t realize is Norvell is part of the culture problem. Mr. organized I don’t eat carbs can’t hide his cornrows. He took the Hole job because he idolized playing for the Holes of the 90s growing up. Those teams were full of thugs getting five finger discounts at Foot Locker and Dillards and claiming they didn’t shoot the country’s elected leader. If he wants to recreate the Holes of the 90s then he is part of the culture problem.

What they don’t realize is Norvell is part of the culture problem. Mr. organized I don’t eat carbs can’t hide his cornrows. He took the Hole job because he idolized playing for the Holes of the 90s growing up. Those teams were full of thugs getting five finger discounts at Foot Locker and Dillards and claiming they didn’t shoot the country’s elected leader. If he wants to recreate the Holes of the 90s then he is part of the culture problem.
Yeah my first impressions of Norvell is that he is in over his head big time.

I’m going to assume FSUs defense is much worse this year than last year as well and I know they weren’t very good on defense last year and had a bad DC but I think the DC that Norvell hired is even worse and has no P5 experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT