ADVERTISEMENT

HIPAA

kalimgoodman

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2012
We don't elect the smartest politicians. I am so sick and tired of politicians talking about HIPAA in regards to vaccination status. They clearly don't know what HIPAA is and it's sad because they SHOULD know. I get that average American doesn't know. HIPAA applies to healthcare providers and insurance providers, It does not apply to a normal person providing their health status. SO when you hear people on TV talk about HIPAA protects you from telling people whether you are vaccinated or not, that is a lie. I want to scream at the TV SOOOO much. It protects you from having MEDICAL people talk about your vaccination status.

Reactions: BCSpell
We don't elect the smartest politicians. I am so sick and tired of politicians talking about HIPAA in regards to vaccination status. They clearly don't know what HIPAA is and it's sad because they SHOULD know. I get that average American doesn't know. HIPAA applies to healthcare providers and insurance providers, It does not apply to a normal person providing their health status. SO when you hear people on TV talk about HIPAA protects you from telling people whether you are vaccinated or not, that is a lie. I want to scream at the TV SOOOO much. It protects you from having MEDICAL people talk about your vaccination status.
No one is legally required to provide their vaccination status to a business. Don't spread disinformation.

You are not required to answer any health questions by any business and they are not allowed to ask u anything to do with ur health.
As for what the politicians should know, just look at the Democratic Party n their Master. Complete idiots! They don’t know shit.

You are not required to answer any health questions by any business and they are not allowed to ask u anything to do with ur health.
As for what the politicians should know, just look at the Democratic Party n their Master. Complete idiots! They don’t know shit.
That does not fall under HIPAA.....That is my point.

That does not fall under HIPAA.....That is my point.
You have a track record of posting misinformation so it was a valid concern.

Again, if you attempt to shop at a business, they can ask you if you are vaccinated, but you don't have to tell them. And many states (including Alabama) have now said that no business can deny service to anyone based on their vaccination status.

Just like no one can refuse to hire you if you say you have been vaccinated. Don't post misinformation.

More;

HIPAA only governs certain kinds of entities — your clinician, hospital or others in the health care sphere. It does not apply to the average person or to a business outside health care. It doesn’t give someone personal protection against ever having to disclose their health information.

You're right to disclose your health information is just regular privacy. HIPAA is something completely different.

Reactions: blubo
More;

HIPAA only governs certain kinds of entities — your clinician, hospital or others in the health care sphere. It does not apply to the average person or to a business outside health care. It doesn’t give someone personal protection against ever having to disclose their health information.

You're right to disclose your health information is just regular privacy. HIPAA is something completely different.
That’s how i understand it. as far as the legality of a business demanding that employees tell whether they have been covid vaxxed—i don’t know.
I know a guy who works at amazon and he tells me that amazon is requiring workers to prove they have been vaxxed, and if not they will wear something on their shirt that so indicates. he didn’t get the poke.
He’s currently calling his congressman, nlrb, eeoc, vet affairs, and a private lawyer. i wished him well and hope to get an update from him on his next day off.

It doesn’t give someone personal protection against ever having to disclose their health information.
No one here said it did.

Again, no one is legally required to give their vaccination status to a business or employer.

Re-read that statement until you understand.

Additionally, many states are now making it illegal for businesses to deny service to someone based on vaccination status. Alabama just joined this list:

I suspect that what you are trying to do is create the false impression that anyone who doesn't get the covid vaccinate will be forced to disclose that, and punished for it. That's why you keep trying to make the point that 'HIPAA doesn't protect you from having to disclose your vaccination status', when no one said it did.

But we ARE protected. Don't spread misinformation, and don't try to scare or shame people over their personal choice toward getting the vaccine or not.

Reactions: jfegaly and blubo
That’s how i understand it. as far as the legality of a business demanding that employees tell whether they have been covid vaxxed—i don’t know.
I know a guy who works at amazon and he tells me that amazon is requiring workers to prove they have been vaxxed, and if not they will wear something on their shirt that so indicates. he didn’t get the poke.
He’s currently calling his congressman, nlrb, eeoc, vet affairs, and a private lawyer. i wished him well and hope to get an update from him on his next day off.
I am sure they will make laws to stop it. Thats not my fight or issue. My issue is that people don't know what HIPAA is and is using it out of context, mainly our "smart" congress people. It literally doesn't apply at all to this "vaccine passport" or vaccination card battle.

But keep us posted on that Amazon thing. Sounds interesting

Reactions: blubo
I am sure they will make laws to stop it. Thats not my fight or issue. My issue is that people don't know what HIPAA is and is using it out of context, mainly our "smart" congress people. It literally doesn't apply at all to this "vaccine passport" or vaccination card battle.

But keep us posted on that Amazon thing. Sounds interesting
And another attempted troll fails and comes to an end.

It goes at least a bit further. For example, I'm not allowed to discuss medical conditions that a suspect shares with me with their friends, family or counsel without their expressed permission.

It goes at least a bit further. For example, I'm not allowed to discuss medical conditions that a suspect shares with me with their friends, family or counsel without their expressed permission.
Do you guys have HIPPA training?

Do you guys have HIPPA training?

To your point, we (we being the county and we being law enforcement) do provide medical care through the jail and medics...so that may be where the twist comes from.

But "we" as in me, I clearly only provide care until someone more qualified can get there.

In an interview room, if a suspect says, "I killed that bïtćh because she gave me AIDS," that's not something that I can discuss with anyone outside of another LEO or the courts themselves.

Reactions: kalimgoodman
More;

Businesses cant force you to show proof of vaxx.

Reactions: gatordad3
These dims always want to fight over semantics instead of the overall point. They live in obtuseville
Everything is fight and name calling with you. I've had great mature conversations with a lot of people today. Grow up.

Correct. He is more than likely a petulant, spoiled college kid.
What are you talking about? I'm 34 and have a family. Once again, something that we can prove but you won't entertain that because you're a troll.

You're too old to be worried about people liking you. Social media has really ruined society.

If you want people to show proof of vax go live in nazi Germany
That is also not what I am saying or talking about. That's a different thread and conversation. I am saying that HIPAA doesn't apply to this vaccine stuff and it's sad how people use things that they don't know the meaning to. Educate yourself people, you may sound smart to the people who don't know but someone like me hears an idiot.

That is also not what I am saying or talking about. That's a different thread and conversation. I am saying that HIPAA doesn't apply to this vaccine stuff and it's sad how people use things that they don't know the meaning to. Educate yourself people, you may sound smart to the people who don't know but someone like me hears an idiot.

You are the idiot for thinking people need to show proof of vax

Reactions: gatordad3
Actually, it applies to anyone that prefers their medical records/conditions remain private. If an airline were to demand health record information regarding each passenger that would clearly violate that individual's rights to privacy. Why do you think it is against the law to avoid hiring someone with a health condition like AIDS?

Actually, it applies to anyone that prefers their medical records/conditions remain private. If an airline were to demand health record information regarding each passenger that would clearly violate that individual's rights to privacy. Why do you think it is against the law to avoid hiring someone with a health condition like AIDS?
Yes you are correct, but that's not a HIPAA thing. I said it's someone individual rights to privacy. HIPAA is about others discussing your health information but anyone can ask you, you just don't have to answer.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Yes you are correct, but that's not a HIPAA thing. I said it's someone individual rights to privacy. HIPAA is about others discussing your health information but anyone can ask you, you just don't have to answer.
I know...I wrote the guidelines/protocols for several Risk Management departments at large hospitals in the Southeastern United States.

• Love
Everything is fight and name calling with you. I've had great mature conversations with a lot of people today. Grow up.
Don’t expect a nature conversation. I’ve pretty much given up on posting here. Once you are branded a dim or a snowflake or autistic they will never listen. I have become a troll and get a kick out of occasionally checking out the outrageous claims being made. Good luck to you. 😎

• Haha
Sounds like you are violating hipaa here.... Im calling the cops

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT