ADVERTISEMENT

Have we ever played well in Starkville???

sadgator

Bull Gator
Jan 9, 2002
Copper Monkey 30 minutes prior to kickoff
sadgator can remember some terrible performances and beatings going all the way back to a Thursday night game with Steve in like ‘91.

Anybody who thinks we are just going to waltz in there and continue to perform the same level of play we had going against Tennessee is probably in for a rude awakening. This is going to be as difficult a game and an environment as we have to play all year.

Not sure but it would have been a very long time ago probably. I remember that 09 team looking like sh*t there even though we won the game. We threw a couple of interceptions and couldn't pass the ball that day. They were a 5-7 team that year.

sadgator can remember some terrible performances and beatings going all the way back to a Thursday night game with Steve in like ‘91.

Anybody who thinks we are just going to waltz in there and continue to perform the same level of play we had going against Tennessee is probably in for a rude awakening. This is going to be as difficult a game and an environment as we have to play all year.
I've been to 3 games in Starkvegas when we have played the Dogs.

One year when they had two badass dudes named Pig and Smoot. We had been kicking azz all year. That game they stopped our offense. We used Jesse Palmer, Rex, and Brock Berlin at QB. The only positive that came out of that game was it showed SOS that the Rex/Jabar connection was legit and should be the focus of the offense.

They had 2 dudes named Dontae Walker and Dicenzo Miller run all over the place.

2004 was nothing but a Ron Zook special. A dang WR named Omar Connor played QB for the Dogs and shamed our defense. Well really it was a RB named Jerious Noorwood who ran all over us. The few positives in that game...Chris Leak actually showed us he had toughness, Channing Crowder showed he was legit. And Ron Zook was fired thd next day. Oh and our old friend Gator Numbers was part of that game...on the Bulldog side.

2009. We win but it wasn't pretty. But we won ..it's never been easy to win there.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
We’ve never had a previous Miss State coach on our sidelines in his old stomping grounds. He knows the secret is in the cowbells and will have all his players equipped with Bluetooth earpieces for good communication.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Ole Miss is another one that has gave us fits but they seem to pull off their surprising wins in the Swamp mostly. I think Miss State hadn't beat us in the Swamp since the mid 60s prior to 2010.

Ole Miss is another one that has gave us fits but they seem to pull off their surprising wins in the Swamp mostly. I think Miss State hadn't beat us in the Swamp since the mid 60s prior to 2010.
I remember in 01 when MSU made the return trip to Gainesville we whipped the heck out of them. I can't remember the exact quote but CBS had the ever so beautiful Jill Arrington as the sideline reporters. She basically asked SOS if he was going to pull the wolves off not pass the ball as much in the 2nd half. He basically said if MSU continues to blitz that he would throw the ball all day long.

Ole Miss always has our number. Only game I remember beating them in modern times was in Oxford where Tebow ran the ball 142 times in the 4th quarter. Im still chapped about that win they pulled off in 08. I remember a good game of Rex vs Eli in Oxford. Zook...looked zooked us that game. Ole Miss was coming off a loss where Texas Tech threw for like 1,000 yards against OM. Instead of using Rex and Taylor Jacobs combo...Zook wanted to establish the run.

I remember in 01 when MSU made the return trip to Gainesville we whipped the heck out of them. I can't remember the exact quote but CBS had the ever so beautiful Jill Arrington as the sideline reporters. She basically asked SOS if he was going to pull the wolves off not pass the ball as much in the 2nd half. He basically said if MSU continues to blitz that he would throw the ball all day long.

Ole Miss always has our number. Only game I remember beating them in modern times was in Oxford where Tebow ran the ball 142 times in the 4th quarter. Im still chapped about that win they pulled off in 08. I remember a good game of Rex vs Eli in Oxford. Zook...looked zooked us that game. Ole Miss was coming off a loss where Texas Tech threw for like 1,000 yards against OM. Instead of using Rex and Taylor Jacobs combo...Zook wanted to establish the run.

Yep those games drove me nuts.

We are 2-3 against Ole Miss in the Swamp since 1989. Spurrier was 2-0 against them (94 and 95) and Zook was 0-2 against them (02 and 03). Both played them on the road and then at home.

Not sure anyone things we waltz in and win.

lol - we're 8 point dogs and I expect to play well and lose by 1 - 1.5 scores.

But I'm hopeful :)

And Ron Zook was fired thd next day...

This matchup will always be known in sadgator’s household as the “Croom Family Reunion.”

AR-311299896.jpg

Since fans are allowed cow-bells in that chit-house, ALL of the Gator fans should arrive there with there own (as large as possible) cowbells, and rattle the hell outta them when those mangy mutts have the ball... :cool:

No ....we have never played well there. Mullen gets them five games in on the road. Bells a ringing! Ominous to be sure, haven’t had the heart to make a prediction just yet full moon rising.

Bring your hippie self to Mississippi.

No offense to the fine folks of the great State of Mississippi, but sadgator will pass...

sadgator read the Freedom Summer book by Bruce Watson in college. It kinda tainted sadgator’s view of Mississippi.

sadgator is sure there is great barbecue and hot chicks there...

Hopefully you will find some and provide a positive post-event scouting report...

Reactions: TennesseeGator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT