ADVERTISEMENT

Great News for the Gators....

so far he is more like the first ten years of Billy's post season success, he needs to win a title in baseball because so far he's basically the baseball version of cal and there's really no excuse not to have at least one already.
Sully has made us care about baseball. Prior to him, I doubt there were 500 Gator fans out of 500,000 that could name the starting rotation. He has nearly half the total WS appearances for Florida

That said, he does seem to get his team wound up a bit too tight when they do make it to Omaha.

UF has always had a baseball following. I liked Andy Lopez pretty well as a coach and he had some pretty decent teams. College baseball has a lot more D1 teams and is a lot more competitive across the board than football, where only about 40 teams are anywhere near being competitive each year.

The Florida baseball team will wrap up fall practices this week with its annual Orange & Blue World Series at Alfred A. McKethan Stadium. The team will hold three final scrimmages, scheduled for this Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

All practices are held at McKethan Stadium and are open to the public.
Friday, November 18 - 2:15 p.m. --- Saturday, November 19- 9:30 a.m.
The First game of the 2017 season will be on Friday Feb. 17th at home vs William & Mary.

My standards arent that high but fair enough we all have our opinions and I thought Mac was a good hire at first but time will tell.

It does make me wonder why Smart is bringing in all these players right off the bat but Mac is struggling there even though we are a FL school.

If you've been around that long, try to remember what Spurrier said about UGA out recruiting him... ;)

When I look at Mc-staff's supposed 2-3 star recruits, what they are doing on the field, I'm even more convinced that the services are often FoS with their rankings. That, or our coaches are even better at coaching them up that anyone had a right to believe they would be.... :cool:
==============

Very glad to have CeCe back and available on the DL for the LSU game.

RG/C Tyler Jordan should remain as a backup at C and RG.
I said earlier that he's weak in the legs, (gets pushed around) and he is.
He's a good player, but he needs to spend the next off season in the weight room working on his lower body conditioning. JMOHO of course, and nothing personal. Take Sharpe with you, as he need to drop a few pounds and work on his foot speed and endurance conditioning...

Leave T.J. McCoy as the starting C for the rest of this season. I liked his 'attitude' and his execution. The game wasn't to big for him to step into.

LT David Sharpe should be moved in to LG, leaving Ivey at LT.
I suggested doing this a few weeks ago. Ivey is a better LT. With Sharpe's size, he'd make a good LG.

Unless of course you want to return to mediocre OL play...

Oh btw, I loved seeing FS Marcell Harris have a great game against SCa. Grats dude!
Long awaited but what I've expected from him all along. Sweet Pic too... :)
------------

Gator 2017 recruits that probably should be 4 stars, if the services had a clue anyway...

RB Malik Davis 5-11 180 *** - Tampa
This season he set the Hillsborough County (Tampa) HS career rushing record and already has 6,411 career yards and is currently averaging 12.3 ypc.

CB Shawn Davis 5-11 190 *** - Miami (he has played FS as a senior)
A 3 star with this offer list: UF, UA, AU, UGA, LSU, FSU, Mia, plus 20 more...

LB Ventrell Miller 6-0 225 *** - Lakeland
He already has 35 offers. What do all of those coaches know, that the services have missed?

Last edited:
Some interesting 'stuff,' lifted from a Chris Harry article on floridagators.com:

.157 — Combined percentage from the 3-point line for Florida's top three guards. SG/PG KeVaughn Allen, PG Kasey Hill and PG Chris Chiozza have gone a collective 3-for-19 from the arc.

.529 — Combined percentage from the 3-point line for Florida's top three forwards. SF Devin Robinson, PF Justin Leon and SF Canyon Barry have gone a collective 9-for-17 from the arc.

0 — Field goals by UF's 3 freshmen so far. PF Keith Stone, PG Eric Hester and C Gorjok Gak are looking for their first baskets as Gators, but all 3 got into the scoring column by making free throws against Mercer.
~ At one point against Mercer, the Gators made 18 straight free throws. -- Yee-HAW!!!
------------

Taken from the Gator Stat sheets:

SF Devin Robinson 6-8 200
Mins 56 - FG 8/16, 3Pt 3/5, FT's 7/7, RBs 15, Ast 1, TO 3, Stl 5, Blk 2, Pts 26.
FG's 50%, 3Pt 60%, FT 100%, 2.2 Mins/Pt

PF Justin Leon 6-8 208,
Min 43 FG 9/18, 3Pt 5/8, FT's 2/2, RBs 8, Ast 1, TO2, Stl2, Blk 0, Pts 25.
FG's 50%, 3Pt 62.5%, FT 100%, 1.7 Mins/Pt
================

The Lady Gators have also started their season at 2-0.
They opened their season on Nov. 11th with a win, UF 85 - 33 S.Ala
The Chattanooga Moc's were the Southern Conf. Champs last year and are picked to repeat.
The Mocs knocked off Rutgers 66 - 53 to open their 2016-17 season.
The #20 Gators 72 - 61 @ Chattanooga last Monday night.
Next up is Temple on Sat. in Ocala.

Sully has made us care about baseball. Prior to him, I doubt there were 500 Gator fans out of 500,000 that could name the starting rotation. He has nearly half the total WS appearances for Florida

That said, he does seem to get his team wound up a bit too tight when they do make it to Omaha.

I always followed baseball and basketball about as much as football growing up, ive never been one of those fans that has a different favorite basketball and baseball school like people are all UNC basketball fans and FSU football fans or Texas fans in something else... Even when we weren't really good in either I've always followed all sports about the same or as much as I possibly can with us not hardly being televised unless it's games we can lose on the road in all sports because America loves watching the Gators get upset in every sport to the Auburns of the world...

Reactions: instaGATOR
Lady Gator B-Ball knocked off Temple in Ocala today.

Then the no offense, no recruit ranking Fr & Soph's just knocked off might LSwho in Death Valley...

Lady Gator Soccer can make it a clean Gator weekend sweep if they can knock off Wis. in the NCAA tourney on Sunday. (crosses fingers) :cool:

Last edited:
I thought we already beat Wisconsin 3-2 in OT

My mistake, you are correct, must have got my wires crossed on that one...

They did beat Wis 3-2 on Friday.
Next up for the scoccer team is the 3rd round vs All-barn Sunday at 2:00 PM.

Florida Volleyball is seeking its fifth true road win against an RPI Top 30 team this season, a figure that would tie Wisconsin for the national lead. Next vs Mizzou on Sunday at 4:00 PM

With a win Sunday afternoon, the Gators, 14-1 in SEC play, would move within one win of clinching no less than a share of the program's 22nd SEC title.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT