ADVERTISEMENT

Gervon Dexter officially to UF

Just about everybody who was supposed to sign with UF today has so far. McDaniel was going to wait but was a minor surprise when he went ahead signed today.
Good news so far. Hopefully we can pull in a couple of the uncommitted kids. I know there are some announcements coming up.

But where's the BEEF??? (in bold)

2019 Early Signing Day (ESD) Results: (20)

DB Rashad Torrendce II 6-0 202
DB Ethan Pouncey 6-1 157
DB Avery Helm 6-1 170
DB Jahari Rogers 6-0 170
DB Mordecai McDaniel 6-1 195
DB Tre'Vez Johnson 6-0 186
LB Derek Wingo 6-2 216
LB Antwaun Powell 6-3 244
DL Gervon Dexter 6-6 294
DL Jonnie Brown 6-2 273
DL Jalen Lee 6-3 306
DL Lamar Goods 6-3 303

-P- Jeremy Crawshaw 6-3 187

QB Anthony Ridhardson 6-4 233
WR Ja'Quavion Fraziars 6-4 212
WR/ST's Jordan Pouncey 6-1 205 - rsJr Tx Grad-xfer
TE Jonathan Odom 6-5 245
OG Richie Leonard IV 6-2 353
OT Joshua Braun 6-6 356
OL Gerald Mincey 6-5 328

Can we sign 29 or so if we wanted since we have a lot of spots or are we limited to 26 or 27?

As always, filling the need positions with quality recruits is the goal, not the number of recruits or someone else's outside ratings... o_O

So far, and just in MOHO, they are doing a great job on the 2020 class.

We had 4 potential flips coming into today and are 0 for 3 right now with one to go.

That said, we didn't lose anyone and signed everyone we had in the fold. Still need a few numbers by Feb but it's a good class so far.

Someone was asking about numbers. We can give out a total of 29 schollies this year, we have 2 for transfers that are incoming leaving us with 27. Right now we have 24 commits assuming the last 3-4 sign in Feb (look to qualify) and have 5 on top of that. We have room for 2-3 more guys plus a couple on top of that for the transfer portal.

Need to shore up 1 true DT, RB and WR - do that and anyone else is a really good class.

Already in on ESD:

DT Gervon Dexter 6-6 294
NT Jalen Lee 6-3 306
DT Lamar Goods 6-3 303

SDE Jonnie Brown 6-2 273

WR Ja'Quavion Fraziars 6-4 212 - Mulit-position & Dual Sport Star
WR/ST's Jordan Pouncey 6-1 205 - rsJr Tx Grad-xfer
Other WR's are on the commit list.

No RB yet.

Main thing is to shore up weak spots and we've done that. I'd like to get more talent at WR RB and DT but this is a solid class so far. Still have 1 guy we're trying to flip today. I'm also hopeful that with the 5 spots remaining our push for Feb can finish up a really good class.

Looks to be a decent class and I don't think we have any that are likely to be left out this time.

Looks to be a decent class and I don't think we have any that are likely to be left out this time.

Currently 6th....but it’s not too 3 and number one in the SEC is it’s a resounding “decent.”

go do something worthwhile in your life.

Currently 6th....but it’s not too 3 and number one in the SEC is it’s a resounding “decent.”

go do something worthwhile in your life.

8th composite which isnt bad but I would like it to be up there with the top teams now.

Imo we should never be lower than the 4th SEC team being that we are in Florida. I hope this facility stuff being corrected for the next class in 2021 will solve some of the issue.

This will be a huge improvement from last season even though its about the same initially on paper since we aren't looking at losing 35% of the blue chipper recruits before camp even starts this time.

8th composite which isnt bad but I would like it to be up there with the top teams now.

Imo we should never be lower than the 4th SEC team being that we are in Florida. I hope this facility stuff being corrected for the next class in 2021 will solve some of the issue.

This will be a huge improvement from last season even though its about the same initially on paper since we aren't looking at losing 35% of the blue chipper recruits before camp even starts this time.
Meyers ranking in the last year didn't prove to be that great...player development in college is WAY MORE important. Recruiting and our record is a lot better than you thought.

Reactions: instaGATOR

8th isn’t with the top teams?

okay man.

Reactions: sadgator
Seriously, what is the difference between the 8th best class and 4th best class...like one player?!?!?!? Holy cow.
Yes it isn’t very much at all. Not much difference between the 5th class and 10th class, etc. Your splitting hairs at that point.

Reactions: sadgator
Yes it isn’t very much at all. Not much difference between the 5th class and 10th class, etc. Your splitting hairs at that point.
Apparently not much difference between the #1 class and the #20 class. The dawgs have produced the #1 rated class the last 2 years and that has resulted in 5 losses over those 2 years....unless they lose their bowl again this year then it's 6.

Apparently not much difference between the #1 class and the #20 class. The dawgs have produced the #1 rated class the last 2 years and that has resulted in 5 losses over those 2 years....unless they lose their bowl again this year then it's 6.
That’s where coaching or lack of development comes in and you can see UGA has underachieved

Recruits over-rated by outside twits.
Players under-developed by inside schmucks.
Makes for an ugly combination. :rolleyes:

The difference between 'Dan the Man' and some others with higher rated recruit classes, but poor season ending results. o_O :p :cool:

Well damn, their class is #6 right now, if that holds what does that mean for them? 4 losses in a season?

If Fromm goes pro, I think that's exactly what happens. They are going to lose a lot this offseason, more than the fleas realize, or possibly it's what they refuse to admit to themselves. But they don't have a QB for next year if Fromm is gone. The backup now is no great shakes, and Beck, while he could one day be good, isn't gonna be ready to roll by August.

Top 10...Clemson wasnt top 10 for years they have been pretty good.

Recruiting is a HUGE part of success, sadgator clearly understands that, but after a certainly level, you have to be able to develop it and then properly motivate and game plan on game day. As we’ve seen with UGA and Bama just this year, great recruiting classes don’t ensure success on their own. We have a coach who knows how to do all of the above things and who has surrounded himself with people who do these things with relentless effort at an extremely high level. This is the point that Fever misses, and the thing that UGA fans want to ignore...

Recruiting is a HUGE part of success, sadgator clearly understands that, but after a certainly level, you have to be able to develop it and then properly motivate and game plan on game day. As we’ve seen with UGA and Bama just this year, great recruiting classes don’t ensure success on their own. We have a coach who knows how to do all of the above things and who has surrounded himself with people who do these things with relentless effort at an extremely high level. This is the point that Fever misses, and the thing that UGA fans want to ignore...
True and I want top 5 classes and bringing in classes with guys like Tebow/Spikes/Harvin. Recruiting for positions of need is just as important. Mullen and his staff are going an great job...real pleased with the direction of the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT