ADVERTISEMENT

Gators thoughts???

Dec 3, 2012
Can the Gamecocks expect to get back to the top in the SEC with Muschamp or is it all just going to end up in a bigger dumpster fire than when Steve left them. Right now he has a top 15 recruiting class for a (3-9) team and they landed 10 recruits this summer alone for the 2017 class. And lead for 3 of the top 25 players in the 2018 class. We want your thoughts...
http://palmettosportsblog.sportsblo...lina-will-be-title-contenders-again-soon.html

I think Muschamp will do better than many are expecting. He's obviously a good defensive coach and surely he must have learned that offense has a more important job than just letting the defense rest.

IF, and I say IF, he can hire a competent OC, and then leave him alone to operate the offense, then he can likely go to bowl games.

"Can the Gamecocks expect to get back to the top in the SEC"

However, the Top of the SEC requires winning an SEC-C, and SCa has never been there for a 1st time, so they have nothing to get back to imo.
They can at least be competitive if everything goes well with their new staff.
JMOHO of course.... :cool:

Pretty funny article really. Are we talking about the same Will Muschamp? South Carolina only won the East once and that was with one of the greatest coaches of all time in Spurrier. No way they will ever do much with Muschamp as the coach unless you think he can run a better program than Spurrier.

He may win a handful of big games here and there.

Expect to have some of the best DB's in the nation. 3 deep at both corners, 3 deep at FS, three deep at SS, and two top notch Nickel Backs(no pun intended) and the best dime back in the SeC.

Then expect to have 7 total OL on the entire roster. Also two TE that were moved from NT.

Oh and kicker, hmm.

Reactions: sadgator
He may win a handful of big games here and there.

Expect to have some of the best DB's in the nation. 3 deep at both corners, 3 deep at FS, three deep at SS, and two top notch Nickel Backs(no pun intended) and the best dime back in the SeC.

Then expect to have 7 total OL on the entire roster. Also two TE that were moved from NT.

I think Muschamp will do better than many are expecting. He's obviously a good defensive coach and surely he must have learned that offense has a more important job than just letting the defense rest.

I kind of agree. A school like South Carolina may be more in his lane. They're not going to be a national power, but it wouldn't surprise me if they end up being a pain in the neck for people once he gets the defense rolling - which he will.

Expect a huge oval chicken head at mid-field.

As much as I miss the block F at midfield...I am beyond pissed that, apparently, we now advertise the years we won the EAST (including years like 2003 and 2012 where we tied but lost the tie breaker and didn't go to Atlanta).

Reactions: sadgator
That's just terrible. Somebody needs to get Steve on these issues ASAP.

He saved the place 26 years ago...and now that his name is on it, surely he has some pull.

Id rather center field have Stsve's face with his hand grabbing his visor than that Gator head.

It's the participation trophy era we live in boys. Now you show off a tie as an accomplishment. SMH.

Can the Gamecocks expect to get back to the top in the SEC with Muschamp or is it all just going to end up in a bigger dumpster fire than when Steve left them. Right now he has a top 15 recruiting class for a (3-9) team and they landed 10 recruits this summer alone for the 2017 class. And lead for 3 of the top 25 players in the 2018 class. We want your thoughts...
http://palmettosportsblog.sportsblo...lina-will-be-title-contenders-again-soon.html

I will just say they got rid of the smartest coach in Florida history to hire the dumbest, and let you extrapolate from there.

idx942.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT