ADVERTISEMENT

Gators @ LSU...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
I would think a big double digit win here with their team being depleted like that but stranger things have happened - just like last season. Just find a way to win.

I will never understand why a player gets in the mix going for a ball after it's been blocked when receiving a punt...unless you're the guy trying to catch the ball stay the &*^% away from the ball! Back sack by Jones on the first possession.

Even very early it seems clear that paying attention to the details is just not that important

Be better coaches

A nice TD drive
Yes
Followed by a predictable lack of attention to a detail by missing the extra point

The drive started with a dropped punt but was recovered

Very glad Gators are ahead 6-0. Defense has allowed only one first down. Nice running. Good stuff
To elevate to elite, have to reduce these needling and constant mistakes

It cost the KY game and arguably cost the Bama game

Reactions: Gator Fever
This gets old but another missed detail. A nice TD drive so on the very next drive that is when you switch QBs as though rhythm doesn’t matter. Three and out, of course

Mullen, treat every play as more important and your good three plus year record would be even better

WTF is Dan doing in practice ? This is embarrassing LSU is even more deplted than they were at UK. And they right in this game with us,

Scared that QB might start hitting those open receivers with the wind not being a problem the 2nd quarter.

Florida to LSU, please stay with us. We will miss tackles, let interceptions go through our hands, will call plays with no chance of success and hope we win anyway

Because crossing Ts and dotting Is takes work and while he may be a good coach there is a culture of coaching laziness that Mullen refuses to try and fix

This gets old but another missed detail. A nice TD drive so on the very next drive that is when you switch QBs as though rhythm doesn’t matter. Three and out, of course

Mullen, treat every play as more important and your good three plus year record would be even better
Richardson gets the third series, so I understand it, but to call the same play three times was not too smart, then Richardson hands off twice when the QB run is wide open, and pulls for the run when everybody is looking for it. smh

Coaches to LSU

We are determined to do everything we can to get your home fans excited and back behind your team

We will miss tackles turning tiny gains into first downs
We will throw 8 yards short of the first down on third so we ave no chance to pick it up

We will have Jones wait and wait some more so running lanes close and any defensive lineman has time to get a sack

We will do everything except take our precious time to, wait for it, coach these kids

And while an alum is typing this we will miss more tackles allowing another TD which will mercifully be called back

Alums don’t ask to win every game. And there are so many more important things. But high level scholarship D1 football deserves more effort from highly paid coaches.
Start now. Win this game 34-17 and practice harder

This is a hideously coached team
The two plays before that poorly thrown pick were awful with NO chance of success

THAT is the bigger problem

Shoulds don’t mean shit

But another game where FL should be comfortably ahead may be a TD plus deficit at halftime.

It was easy to be spirited and overcome lazy coaching against AL. But the trickle down effect from leadership is glaring.

Way to have them ready to go Dan. A team that is decimated by injuries and morale and they are in complete control.

It is almost as if the kids don’t recognize that going up 6-0 doesn’t end the game

The coaches are missing something fundamental. They inspire the Gators to play mechanically and unemotionally but not on the same process manner that Alabama does. They stress doing things correctly every time. Gator coaches seem to distress the importance of playing hard

We are watching an unnecessary death of a great program.

Stunningly unprepared to play hard in every possible way

Still an alum and fan and want a win. But what we have seen for an entire KY game and this entire game has been beyond acceptable at this level in any way. It is 7 yards from 21-6 because even Coach O’s staff really practices extra points hard

We are talented enough to come back but this is not good at all. Bad coaching decisions. Still cant belive we are playing like this when they are missing 9 starters.

Reactions: gatordad3
About time to say hello to a losing season with Dan Mullen getting another raise and extension.
So many teams are drooling over Anthony Richardson once he hits the portal.

Maybe I'm being irrational here but I'm starting to think Mullen spending a near decade at MSU made him lazy.

There it was acceptable to win a handful of big games here and there while losing a game or 3 you should not lose.

They still celebrate"being #1 for 1 week" down there.

He is not a coveted recruiter. He doesn't have a Meyer type of exceptional supporting cast of coordinators and position coaches. He never fields strong defenses. His offenses haven't been lights out unstoppable.

His claim to Fame is making ordinary QB's into stars. Play that game it occasional makes an ordinary QB ordinary.

God I hope something changes. We must come back. No damn way we should be down to this team. No fvcking way.

About time to say hello to a losing season with Dan Mullen getting another raise and extension.
So many teams are drooling over Anthony Richardson once he hits the portal.

A loss here would look really bad but we overmatch this team and hopefully come back. No good thoughts about beating Georgia playing like this however.

I don't see much point to watching this any further. We are going to get run out of the stadium.

It's time for Dan Mullen to go.

We all know it ain't gonna happen soon, but I just don't think Mullen has "it".

A good coach for some programs like Miss State or similar....but not for programs like UF.

Let's not forget that if Felipe didn't get hurt...and Mullen had his way.....UF wouldn't have won the East last year.

Trask would barely get garbage time playing. I say barely because all the games past UK would be considerably closer.

Trask and Pitts is what carried UF last year, not coaching.

This is what we're getting for a coach getting paid $7.6 million.

The 3rd...or perhaps 4th best team in the east. Say what you will....but @USC could be a toss-up.

It ain't going to be any easier when Texas and Oklahoma join. Wbtw, could be sooner than thought.

Strickland needs to go into the locker room at halftime and tell Mullen in front of the entire team that his job is on the line. Maybe that will light a fire under them.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT