ADVERTISEMENT

Game of the year is FSU and UF

I see a 7 overtime 0-0 tie. After 7 they just say eff it and roast marshmellos. Thats about how soft both teams are and there is no damn good excuse for either to be this bad in the state of florida. How in the hell did we both end up here and how much will this help richt recruiting.

I saw today's UF v UGA game and I have to say that UF has the edge in coaching and special teams.

The only thing I am certain of is that we will be witnessing some of the worst football ever played at Ben Hill Griffin.

They should just cancel the game and replace it with a cheerleader dance-off.

But it’s going to look like two number 1 teams out there on the field!!

family-guy-pillow-fight-o.gif

Reactions: goldmom
I always go back to Gainesville when the nulls are playing after Thanksgiving. Only if they're handing out paper bags to cover our heads would i waste my money at BHGS this year..

The game will be meaningless

Even if we were both winless, this game will always mean something. I guarantee you that after the game, some posters for the winner will act like they just beat Bama for the NC. However, it will be an ugly, ugly game.

I wonder if Jimbo, and I suppose Shannon, should try doing that Georgia Tech style triple option stuff.

It seems to be effective for Georgia Tech, who consistently do better than their recruiting rankings would predict. It probably limits their ceiling, but it also raises their floor. It's the college football coach equivalent of buying index funds. You never beat the market, but you never significantly underperform either.

Jimbo's esoteric, unfathomable, Game-of-Thrones-Grand-Maester-drafted-and-approved, pro offense works well when the stars are aligned, but that spread/tripe-option stuff seems like a good hedge strategy for when your skill positions are struggling and you're getting inconsistent performance.

Florida will still find a way to lose this game and do nothing on offense, it makes no difference either way what happens at all for Floridas season.. It would do more harm for FSU if they lost, since they still actually have their coach...

FSU just got ULM rescheduled. This means that Jimbo is desperate to keep the bowl streak alive. FSU will have something to play for since they have to win 3 out of 4 of the remaining regular season games, including Clemson, UF and two cupcakes -- and a win at Death Valley is unlikely.

This game will hurt both teams more than you will ever know.

Go Canes!

Always value a post by mcanes...
That said, this game has the absolute WORST vibe of any FSU-UF game in memory. I mean, can't we all just show up and throw turkey carcasses at each other?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT