ADVERTISEMENT

FSU gets an easier bowl game?

NIL certainly changes the portal landscape. Not sure if you can just go out every year looking for the most money, but the NIL rules seem loose and confusing. Right now you need top notch recruiting classes, 5 years from now who knows.
Scar thinks fsu is tampering so much they want their coach to make a statement lol. Jesus what a bunch of pansies, you'd think they were UGA fans as much as they are crying.

In hoops you can build a national title team via the transfer portal. Although football is drastically changing, I do not believe you can build a title contender in the same manor. When you look at the natty winners, and who will most likely win the natty this year, they all consistently put together top 5 recruiting classes.

Look at USC who drastically overhauled their roster by poaching proven starters in the portal from other teams.

This was USC's composite (high school recruits) recruiting classes for 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022: # 20, # 63, # 7 and # 70

USC literally went out and got (paid for) like 20 portal players in 2022 and just missed the playoff by losing the PAC 12 Championship game.

Last edited:
Look at USC who drastically overhauled their roster by poaching proven starters in the portal from other teams.

This was USC's composite (high school recruits) recruiting classes for 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022: # 20, # 63, # 7 and # 70

USC literally went out and got (paid for) like 20 portal players in 2022 and just missed the playoff by losing the PAC 12 Championship game.
I don't disagree Fever. But still not convinced you can build a national title team from majority portal. LSU did fairly well with portal kids this year too.

USC was able to do it because Caleb Williams followed his coach otherwise USC wouldn’t have been in the playoff discussion. You aren’t going to likely win a national title with a bunch of portal players unless you have a Heisman or elite like QB that just so happens to be a portal player.

I can’t even think of the last team to win the SEC or national title that either didn’t have top 5 recruiting classes or a Heisman like QB.

Heck I think the last team to win a SEC or national title that didn’t have a top 5 recruiting class was Auburn in 2010 but they had a Heisman winning QB (Cam Newton)

In order to win you have to have the “Jessie’s & Joe’s” first.

USC was able to do it because Caleb Williams followed his coach otherwise USC wouldn’t have been in the playoff discussion. You aren’t going to likely win a national title with a bunch of portal players unless you have a Heisman or elite like QB that just so happens to be a portal player.
Paco,
I believe the term you're looking for is Poaching !
LOL
There was also the WR from Tampa - Mario Williams

Reactions: PacoGator19
Scar thinks fsu is tampering so much they want their coach to make a statement lol. Jesus what a bunch of pansies, you'd think they were UGA fans as much as they are crying.
If anyone thinks money isn’t driving recruiting and the portal I’ve got some land for sale in Tallahassee.

Explain this to me, why does Florida St. at 9-3 get a 6-6 opponent in their bowl game who is UNRANKED and we get a 9-3 opponent who is ranked #14? Oklahoma went 3-6 in its last 9 and we got Oregon St. who went 6-3. Then they’ll say FSU is back and dominate? They beat one ranked team all year LSU who’s lost 2 in a row. Besides that they still suck.

Oh well we are 10 point dogs If we can field a team and find a QB somewhere.
Also, Shime you're looking at this from the wrong perspective.

FSU, "Why did we draw a $hitty 6-6 OU team?"

Oregon St, "Why did we draw a $hitty 6-6 UF team?"

It should be 9-3 FSU vs 9-3 Oregon St and UF vs OU.

Last edited:
This place is going to suck for a while after an FSU win, shime and ih8f$u will start 100+ threads bitching and moaning about it. Sorry in advance to the classy Gators around here.
Why don’t you post on Warch errrrr… Genie Poo got banned…and you already banned again? Yeah FSU barely beat a team without both starting OT’s, starting center and 1,400 yard starting RB and several starting Defensive players and still gave up over 500 yards. and TCU got over 600 yards vs. them and many others over 500 yards so, it wasn’t such a great night huh?

Why don’t you post on Warch errrrr… Genie Poo got banned…and you already banned again? Yeah FSU barely beat a team without both starting OT’s, starting center and 1,400 yard starting RB and several starting Defensive players and still gave up over 500 yards. and TCU got over 600 yards vs. them and many others over 500 yards so, it wasn’t such a great night huh?

We just didn't care that much, if we did, 40 point win

The operative word here being "beat."

The transitive property does not apply to football.

75w277.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: EvilWayz
We just didn't care that much, if we did, 40 point win
I don't think that's the case...this team has a lot of heart (not as much talent), more heart than I've seen in years and they wanted this win badly. We still have work to do on defense and Fabian Lovett not dressing for the game didn't help, but we need more elite players like Verse and Robinson and our linebacking corps has been lacking for years. Our Safety shouldn't be leading the team in tackles.

That said, it was a great game and got us to 10 wins and likely a top 10 finish on the season. Much improvement over the Willie tenure!

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT