ADVERTISEMENT

Franks the backup QB

PacoGator19

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2006
That's the rumor. He's pased up Trask and is doing well. Some coaches have said he has the highest ceiling of all the QBs on the UF roster.

Reactions: seffnergator
Somewhere on Venus, insta is getting drunk and trying to decide why these genius coaches who called Trask a 5 star wouldn't have him as the backup.

(Spoiler: it's because they don't want to ruin his redshirt since he's the future).

Let's not tell Tennessee Gator this.
That redshirt they put on Kyle loved him so much, it didn't want to come off.

In all reality I'm not surprised. Watched the kid in the state championship game. He was a gamer. A few months in the system I knew Franks had potential. I don't worry about his spring game showing. Repair his few mechanical flaws and he has what the coaches love.

Both Trask and Franks are true freshmen QBs. I happen to think both of them have lots of potential. Del Rio is just a sophomore so let the best man win.

I know Franks has struggled but that was the Spring game which is like 6 months ago already but I like his raw talent and IMO he has lots of ability.

Reactions: seffnergator
"I have a lot of respect for him, and I know a lot about him." Head-BJ on Appleby,
who was offered a scholarship by Cincinnati when Jones was the HC there.
> John Shoop, brother of Tennis-sea DC Bob Shoop, was Gators QB Austin Appleby's OC/QB's coach at Purdue.

Why should Franks or Trask be the shocker 'surprise' starter @ tennis-sea?
Even if you only played one of them for the 1st series, it would throw the dollie-D
into a totally unprepared for panic. -- And yea I know, it ain't gonna happen.
However, I really do hope that Appleby plays like he's the 2nd coming of his hero, TT....

Would it not be perfect to have a legitimate QB controversy when LDR heals?

That would only mean great things between now and then
I would love that but I would be surprised...Appleby looked like a deer in headlights. He was highly inaccurate and kind of panicking on some of those plays. I know that he got thrown into the game so I'm hoping that this week proves for a better showing.

I would love that but I would be surprised...Appleby looked like a deer in headlights. He was highly inaccurate and kind of panicking on some of those plays. I know that he got thrown into the game so I'm hoping that this week proves for a better showing.
He threw a total of 4 passes. Really??

But didn't his series lead to UF TD's?

Sure the UNT defense was worn down. But a deer in headlights couldn't attack anything...worn down or not.

Both Trask and Franks are true freshmen QBs. I happen to think both of them have lots of potential. Del Rio is just a sophomore so let the best man win.

I know Franks has struggled but that was the Spring game which is like 6 months ago already but I like his raw talent and IMO he has lots of ability.

I just hope Franks isn't a Driskel type who just has problems reading defenses etc. He looked lost in some high school all star thing I was watching also besides that Spring game. I think unless Del Rio really takes us to big things this season the job will be up for grabs next season if either of those freshman are the real deal.

I watched him in the State Finals - he was the 2nd best QB on the field that day by a large margin- the other QB is playing basketball at a small school in NC ( was only 6 ft). The best player on his team was the wr who went to FSU . Good luck with him - he look good on the field ( standing there / presence ) but I am guessing Trask passes him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT