ADVERTISEMENT

Franks decision give you hope?

I doubt the NE coach could make Franks serviceable. He can prove me wrong this year but nothing in his previous reactions to pressure suggest the light will ever come on in those situations.

I think Mullen isn't sure who is the best option because Franks has the better physical tools and Trask has never taken a live game snap. We will probably find out in the middle of the season however.

I doubt it takes Mullen that long, if that's the case.

You really won't admit that Franks MIGHT be "serviceable" with a better coach and a better thought out scheme?

Do you even know what "serviceable" means?

I'm sure you awesome I meant "awesome" somehow.

You really won't admit that Franks MIGHT be "serviceable" with a better coach and a better thought out scheme?

I have a hard time seeing it myself. You could do a long highlight film of him doing crazy crap that the stats don't even capture many times and has nothing to do with coaching. Running out of bounds losing yards instead of just throwing the ball away, catching his own deflected passes with no one near him and losing yards instead of just batting the ball down and fumbling the ball while scrambling without a defender even delivering a big blow or even touching the ball. That stuff doesn't come from bad coaching.

He could be servicabel but i dont think he will wim a game you were supoose to lose or anything. At best hes a game manager.
I personally think Mullen picked him becuz there was no other option. Not Mullens fault, he got Emory but Emory needs time. He needs at least 1 yr.

I think Mullen is smart enough to know that the Gators are not making a run at the playoffs this yr so there is no need to rush someone who is not there or not ready. Im expecting the gators to get better this yr but its going to take him 2 to 3 to 4 yrs before being a playoof contender....Mullen knows this so i think he is going to just coach him up as much as possible and take some lumps. Its the smart play

sadgator has been a member of this Board for over 16 years. In all that time, there has never been a single issue that sadgator wanted to shove up another poster’s (rival or gator) ass more than sadgator wants to shove our quarterback performance under Mullen up Fever’s ass. sadgator is literally praying that Franks lights it up for the sheer purpose of taking great delight in watching Fever suck sh!t over it!

He could be servicabel but i dont think he will wim a game you were supoose to lose or anything. At best hes a game manager.
I personally think Mullen picked him becuz there was no other option. Not Mullens fault, he got Emory but Emory needs time. He needs at least 1 yr.

I think Mullen is smart enough to know that the Gators are not making a run at the playoffs this yr so there is no need to rush someone who is not there or not ready. Im expecting the gators to get better this yr but its going to take him 2 to 3 to 4 yrs before being a playoof contender....Mullen knows this so i think he is going to just coach him up as much as possible and take some lumps. Its the smart play

2004 Zook 7-5 and got fired, (team mad about it and in disarray big time)
Lost to TN, LSU, MsSt, UGly, and the team lost to Mia in Peach Bowl under Strong.

2005 Mullen as OC - 9-3 (UGly was the SEC-C --- UF 14 - 10 UGly)
Lost to UA, LSU, SCa, but then beat Iowa in Outback Bowl

2006 Mullen as OC 13-1 BCS-NC (in year 2)
Only loss was @ 11-2 AU

So yeah, there's just no way that Dan can turn things around in just 1-2 years... :rolleyes:
This year, most seem to project between 8-10 wins. IF that happens, then next year making the CFP would not be out of line. Winning the SEC-C would be tougher imo.

sadgator has been a member of this Board for over 16 years. In all that time, there has never been a single issue that sadgator wanted to shove up another poster’s (rival or gator) ass more than sadgator wants to shove our quarterback performance under Mullen up Fever’s ass. sadgator is literally praying that Franks lights it up for the sheer purpose of taking great delight in watching Fever suck sh!t over it!

I want my Gators to kick butt obviously but it would literally take divine intervention for Franks to become a top QB in the SEC imo.

I think history has shown that qb’s can be ineffective under one coach but resurgent under another. I honestly don’t think that we have any idea what kind of qb Franks is. Fever is right about some of the bone headed plays... catching your own batted pass or fumbling with no contact isn’t the fault of bad coaching. But I’d like to think those are stupid mistakes that can be easily corrected, and could be explained away by freshman jitters. On the other hand, he did make a few great plays... the pass to beat the vols or the run against aTm were both pretty great plays. Coaching should help get you more of one and less of the other. Where I have said many times that I think they hurt him was they instilled no confidence in him. I saw him in many occasions go through the correct progressions and then hesitate before making the right read. He would either throw too late when that read was no longer open, or check to his next read which was also not the best play in that situation. That is 100% coaching, because it tells me he saw the right play but didn’t have the confidence to pull the trigger.

Is that all coaching, or is he just too much in his own head to overcome those issues? Thats where we’re at, folks. Guess we’ll see... but is it impossible to see him gaining confidence and getting into a rhythm and becoming a solid an? I’d say that is very possible. But he could also never get to a point where the game slows down for him, or one bad play could derail his game. It’s hard to know right now.

2004 Zook 7-5 and got fired, (team mad about it and in disarray big time)
Lost to TN, LSU, MsSt, UGly, and the team lost to Mia in Peach Bowl under Strong.

2005 Mullen as OC - 9-3 (UGly was the SEC-C --- UF 14 - 10 UGly)
Lost to UA, LSU, SCa, but then beat Iowa in Outback Bowl

2006 Mullen as OC 13-1 BCS-NC (in year 2)
Only loss was @ 11-2 AU

So yeah, there's just no way that Dan can turn things around in just 1-2 years... :rolleyes:
This year, most seem to project between 8-10 wins. IF that happens, then next year making the CFP would not be out of line. Winning the SEC-C would be tougher imo.

While i agree he did it before...Zook left so much talent here and it was Urban who got things going. Granted Mullen was there and probably had a lot to do with it. Its just not anywhere near the same scenario. UF was loaded when zook left and Meyer piled on with even more. Mullen walked into a thin depth chart and has to recruit himself out of it wothout Urban. I think Mullen does well but i think it takes time

I think history has shown that qb’s can be ineffective under one coach but resurgent under another. I honestly don’t think that we have any idea what kind of qb Franks is. Fever is right about some of the bone headed plays... catching your own batted pass or fumbling with no contact isn’t the fault of bad coaching. But I’d like to think those are stupid mistakes that can be easily corrected, and could be explained away by freshman jitters. On the other hand, he did make a few great plays... the pass to beat the vols or the run against aTm were both pretty great plays. Coaching should help get you more of one and less of the other. Where I have said many times that I think they hurt him was they instilled no confidence in him. I saw him in many occasions go through the correct progressions and then hesitate before making the right read. He would either throw too late when that read was no longer open, or check to his next read which was also not the best play in that situation. That is 100% coaching, because it tells me he saw the right play but didn’t have the confidence to pull the trigger.

Is that all coaching, or is he just too much in his own head to overcome those issues? Thats where we’re at, folks. Guess we’ll see... but is it impossible to see him gaining confidence and getting into a rhythm and becoming a solid an? I’d say that is very possible. But he could also never get to a point where the game slows down for him, or one bad play could derail his game. It’s hard to know right now.

Who loomed as bad as franks and then magically got so much better? I think he improves dont get me wrong....but could he have been any worse? When the lights go on, the true player is shown. I saw Franks last yr and i was not impressed....at all. Im sure he will do good against charles southern and everyone will hype him but lets wait and see what he does against the SEC. He couldnt stop throwing us the ball last yr.

While i agree he did it before...Zook left so much talent here and it was Urban who got things going. Granted Mullen was there and probably had a lot to do with it. Its just not anywhere near the same scenario. UF was loaded when zook left and Meyer piled on with even more. Mullen walked into a thin depth chart and has to recruit himself out of it wothout Urban. I think Mullen does well but i think it takes time

Who left with Zook?

SR's
DB Cory Bailey
DB Reynaldo Hill
DB Matt Neddeff
FS Zephrin Augustine
LB Travis Harris
DT Eric Holcombe
DT Kenny Parker
DT Dwayne Norris

WR O.J. Small
TE David Kenner
OG Mo Mitchell
OL Ronald Dowdy
OL Anthony Guerrero
OL Billy Griffin
OL Tavares Washington
OL Jonathan Colon
K Matt Piotrowicz
LS Casey Griffith

Early departure Jr's
RB C-4
LB Bryan Royal

And the usual culls that have to be removed, or transfer out on their own.
Why so few early departure Jr's? Maybe not that good of a group after C-4....

So while the cupboard wasn't empty, it also wasn't as loaded as you like to make out.
=====

You, (as a rival fan), want to give UM all of the credit. However, how did UM do recruiting and winning, after Dan left for MsSt?
Ans - One last good year in 2009, then into the toilet, and eventually a nervous break-down. -- Dan had been with UM since BGSU.

BTW, how has Dan's recruiting gone so far in his 1.5 classes?
Ans - 2 *****, 29 ****, 6 ***, 1 ** P-WO. :cool:
(and he's rapidly filling in the worst of the position holes with quality recruits)

Who left with Zook?

SR's
DB Cory Bailey
DB Reynaldo Hill
DB Matt Neddeff
FS Zephrin Augustine
LB Travis Harris
DT Eric Holcombe
DT Kenny Parker
DT Dwayne Norris

WR O.J. Small
TE David Kenner
OG Mo Mitchell
OL Ronald Dowdy
OL Anthony Guerrero
OL Billy Griffin
OL Tavares Washington
OL Jonathan Colon
K Matt Piotrowicz
LS Casey Griffith

Early departure Jr's
RB C-4
LB Bryan Royal

So while the cupboard wasn't empty, it also wasn't as loaded as you like to make out.
=====

You, (as a rival fan), want to give UM all of the credit. However, how did UM do recruiting and winning, after Dan left for MsSt?
Ans - One last good year in 2009, then into the toilet, and eventually a nervous break-down. -- Dan had been with UM since BGSU.

(and he's rapidly filling in the worst of the position holes with quality recruits)
Didn't Channing Crowder leave early as well?

QUOTE="TennesseeGator, post: 1316225, member: 20"]If memory serves correct...he was the ring leader in fussing about Zook getting canned.[/QUOTE]

Crowder was yet another example of a great athlete, that was a cheapshot thug off the field imo.

CROWDER, CHANNING
HARRIS, STEVEN 4/03
Two members of the University of Florida football team were arrested Tuesday night on charges of aggravated battery. Steven Harris, 19, and Randolph Channing Crowder, 20, were booked into the Alachua County jail Tuesday night. The incident happened at 2 a.m. on April 13 in the parking lot of The Palace nightclub, 233 W. University Ave. Both Crowder and Harris punched and kicked Brian Assent in the head and face, according to the arrest report. Assents' friends brought him to the hospital. The attack lead to "permanent disfigurement," reads the report in part. Assent, 22, lost a tooth and had five others loosened. He got a cut on his face that required 11 stitches, along with other cuts and bruises. He told police a few hours later that a few UF football players showed up at The Palace and started causing problems, said Gainesville Police Sgt. Keith Kameg. When Assent left the nightclub, someone reportedly punched him in the face. He fell, lost consciousness, and didn't remember the rest of the attack. His friends later told him a couple of people kicked him several times and that they might be UF football players, Kameg said. Assent positively identified Crowder and Harris from a photo lineup, according to the report. The two were arrested at the Springs Complex on the University of Florida campus.
www.gatorsports.com/apps/...006&Ref=AR<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->

CROWDER, CHANNING
CRUM, BRIAN
MITCHELL, MO
The State Attorney's office dismissed charges Friday against Florida offensive lineman Mo Mitchell and two teammates accused of vandalizing cars. State attorney Bill Cervone said investigators were unable to locate the only witness in the case, and there was no forensic evidence to move the case forward. In January, police filed complaints against Mitchell, who played extensively for the Gators last season, and teammates Brian Crum and Channing Crowder. They were accused of tearing the mirrors off eight cars.
<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START-->sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/ne...&type=lgns<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->

I was very glad to see him go.... o_O

Who left with Zook?

SR's
DB Cory Bailey
DB Reynaldo Hill
DB Matt Neddeff
FS Zephrin Augustine
LB Travis Harris
DT Eric Holcombe
DT Kenny Parker
DT Dwayne Norris

WR O.J. Small
TE David Kenner
OG Mo Mitchell
OL Ronald Dowdy
OL Anthony Guerrero
OL Billy Griffin
OL Tavares Washington
OL Jonathan Colon
K Matt Piotrowicz
LS Casey Griffith

Early departure Jr's
RB C-4
LB Bryan Royal

=====

If tebow had another yr would things have fallen apart? I dont think so. I think UM had A LOT to do with it. I know a player off their National Championship team. A starter actually. He told me Meyers greatest strength was motivating. Said he made the backup scout team player feel like the most important person on the team. He also said Dans greatest strength was scheming against the other team and finding weaknesses. I want the gators to do well with Mullen. I just dont think it happens this yr or next yr. I think yr 3 u will start seeing results. Im sure he will win more than 4 games this yr though

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
If tebow had another yr would things have fallen apart? I dont think so. I think UM had A LOT to do with it. I know a player off their National Championship team. A starter actually. He told me Meyers greatest strength was motivating. Said he made the backup scout team player feel like the most important person on the team. He also said Dans greatest strength was scheming against the other team and finding weaknesses. I want the gators to do well with Mullen. I just dont think it happens this yr or next yr. I think yr 3 u will start seeing results. Im sure he will win more than 4 games this yr though

What are you predicting - 6 wins?

Does VT beat FSU?

Pretty much agree - I think this year our record will probably be better than we are - next year the records probably matches the team's talent - year after is the real year to make a move, assuming recruiting is top 10. I'm think 7-8 wins this year and next. We'll see after that.

And it would have been due to Tim, not to Urban... :cool:
Had UM stayed here, we also might have gone on probation... :oops:
"If UM was still here, I'd still be on the team." -- JJenkins

Dude, you are allowed to 'think or believe' whatever makes you feel good... :rolleyes:
However, tying what you want to believe to reality, is unlikely imoho. :p

I don't think Franks will be the next Gator great but I will give him the benefit of doubt. Yes - last year was terrible but he's a 4 start quality player that tons of other teams wanted. He has the tools. He's actually getting elite coaching now for the first time.

I expect him to be at least descent. Maybe he won't - certainly 4 stars do bust all the time but so what. That doesn't mean he can't get a good college QB. We'll find out soon enough. I don't see what some are 100% pessimistic even given last year's results - the entire team was terrible.

They started 3-1 after losing to Mich in TX, then lost to LSU by 1 point, then aTm by 2 pts.
After that, they lost Malik Davis in the 1st Quarter vs UGly and went into the toilet along with the mid-season firing of McNuss, the 2 headed dufus...:confused:

Between the K-9 suspensions that included the best RB an WR, and team wide injuries, 4-7 was almost inevitable... :(

While Franks was not solely responsible, it's a fact that he still SUCKED! :oops:
Will he be better? Hard to believe he could be worse, but we'll soon see for ourselves what's up with the QB, the team, and the coaching. o_O

As always,,, GGoooooooooGATORS! :)

And it would have been due to Tim, not to Urban... :cool:
Had UM stayed here, we also might have gone on probation... :oops:
"If UM was still here, I'd still be on the team." -- JJenkins

Dude, you are allowed to 'think or believe' whatever makes you feel good... :rolleyes:
However, tying what you want to believe to reality, is unlikely imoho. :p

Just one criminoles opinion. I think Dan will do fine. Good luck this yr

I don't think Franks will be the next Gator great but I will give him the benefit of doubt. Yes - last year was terrible but he's a 4 start quality player that tons of other teams wanted. He has the tools. He's actually getting elite coaching now for the first time.

I expect him to be at least descent. Maybe he won't - certainly 4 stars do bust all the time but so what. That doesn't mean he can't get a good college QB. We'll find out soon enough. I don't see what some are 100% pessimistic even given last year's results - the entire team was terrible.

I hope to be proven wrong but everything on tape since he started the high school all star game stuff looks pretty rough. We will probably get a hint in the KY game if he has really turned a corner or not.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Not really sure who I would pick to win that game. That QB didn't play too bad on VT for being a true freshman last season.

Its a toss up. Tons of unknowns..... Va tech defense lost 3 dbs....their top 3 dbs for the season. However not sure how our defense is going to be. Apparently our offense abused our defense for 2 scrimmages straight.... Not a good sign from them

I hope to be proven wrong but everything on tape since he started the high school all star game stuff looks pretty rough. We will probably get a hint in the KY game if he has really turned a corner or not.

I feel like the offense need to be at a (lack of) complexity to the point he can make quick decisions. When he thinks, he's lost.

IMO, you can run a simple offense effectively with solid execution, as long as there are enough variables in each set that the defense can't load up on your point of attack based on your formation.

Reactions: Gator Fever

Filipilipi browns his pants any time there is pressure. Thats hard to change. As i said, i agree with Mullens thought process, he knows he will take a few lumps but better to groom Emory first. Emory can play in 4 games

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT