ADVERTISEMENT

Five-star QB Matt Corral de-commits from USC

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
BREAKING: Five-star QB Matt Corral de-commits from USC

According to a source close to his recruitment, Long Beach (Calif.) Poly five-star quarterback Matt Corral has de-committed from USC. There are a few schools he is focused on.

84 minutes ago
According to a source close to this recruitment, Long Beach (Calif.) Poly five-star quarterback Matt Corral has de-committed from USC.

The 6-2, 196-pounder, an elite talent in the class of 2018, has parted ways with the program he committed to back on Feb. 5, 2016.

Corral has been an active recruiter for the Trojans since day one, but will now pursue other options.

According to a source, Corral will no longer consider USC moving forward. He is open to all schools and is welcoming new scholarship offers. However, as things stand today, Alabama, Florida and Georgia are the three schools that have separated themselves from the pack.

Corral, arguably the top signal-caller in the 2018 class, is a U.S. Army All-American and will participate in the nationally-televised event in Jan. 2018.

Per 247Sports, Corral is the No. 17 overall recruit nationally, No. 2 pro-style quarterback in the country and No. 2 prospect in California from the class of 2018.

BREAKING: Five-star QB Matt Corral de-commits from USC

According to a source close to his recruitment, Long Beach (Calif.) Poly five-star quarterback Matt Corral has de-committed from USC. There are a few schools he is focused on.

84 minutes ago
According to a source close to this recruitment, Long Beach (Calif.) Poly five-star quarterback Matt Corral has de-committed from USC.

The 6-2, 196-pounder, an elite talent in the class of 2018, has parted ways with the program he committed to back on Feb. 5, 2016.

Corral has been an active recruiter for the Trojans since day one, but will now pursue other options.

According to a source, Corral will no longer consider USC moving forward. He is open to all schools and is welcoming new scholarship offers. However, as things stand today, Alabama, Florida and Georgia are the three schools that have separated themselves from the pack.

Corral, arguably the top signal-caller in the 2018 class, is a U.S. Army All-American and will participate in the nationally-televised event in Jan. 2018.

Per 247Sports, Corral is the No. 17 overall recruit nationally, No. 2 pro-style quarterback in the country and No. 2 prospect in California from the class of 2018.

Georgia and Alabama both had Freshmen starters last year and it's unlikely the kid would be able to break in quickly at either place.

There was a time that meant something. I have no idea what kids are looking for now.

As of now UGa is considered the heavy leader.

Also, he does not even have an offer from UF and it will be interesting to see how Mac handles this as he tries to land Fields and convince Fields he wants DT-QB

Georgia and Alabama both had Freshmen starters last year and it's unlikely the kid would be able to break in quickly at either place.

There was a time that meant something. I have no idea what kids are looking for now.

I don't see that being too big of a deal. Eason will probably enter the draft after the 18 season. Corral can redshirt in 18 or take snaps as the #2. Be the man by the 19 season.

I don't see that being too big of a deal. Eason will probably enter the draft after the 18 season. Corral can redshirt in 18 or take snaps as the #2. Be the man by the 19 season.

Redshirting is no longer a factor, since kids now look at going after 3 years. He'll get two years as the guy, I suppose that's enough.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
This must be some kinda alternate universe where the defensive coach who still uses the fullback is about to sign his third straight 5-star QB while our QB guru probably couldn't even get Clarabelle to come play QB for him at this point. Maybe Insta's aliens can explain? :D

This must be some kinda alternate universe where the defensive coach who still uses the fullback is about to sign his third straight 5-star QB while our QB guru probably couldn't even get Clarabelle to come play QB for him at this point. Maybe Insta's aliens can explain? :D

Couldn't be that Mac has produced two straight offenses in the 100s and Nuss three straight?

I am seeing a ton of players wanting to come to Florida. Are they seeing something we are not seeing? Did Puff The Magic Dragon get hired on the staff? What gives?

Stupid/Incompetent HC and OC.

Really makes me wonder how they are the only ones to ever win B-2-B SEC Division championships in their 1st 2 years. Even with having a nothing/nobody OL upon their arrival (not that a good OL is needed in the weak defense SEC) and with the many injuries that they have had to deal with on both sides of the ball...
o_O

Their rebuilding of the musclecramp's cluster offense, compounded by Grier/Harris/LDR/Appleby, with way above average numbers on critical injuries on both sides of the ball. And the x-spurts said that they might only win 6-7 games per season, BEFORE the QB cluster situation and injuries even happened. :confused:

And it's all so completely simple that any of the village idiots posting here should be able to give everyone a point, by point, by point dissection on how that's done, and why no other Gator HC/OC has ever managed to get it done.... :cool: (crickets)

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
Stupid/Incompetent HC and OC.

Really makes me wonder how they are the only ones to ever win B-2-B SEC Division championships in their 1st 2 years. Even with having a nothing/nobody OL upon their arrival (not that a good OL is needed in the weak defense SEC) and with the many injuries that they have had to deal with on both sides of the ball...
o_O

Their rebuilding of the musclecramp's cluster offense, compounded by Grier/Harris/LDR/Appleby, with way above average numbers on critical injuries on both sides of the ball. And the x-spurts said that they might only win 6-7 games per season, BEFORE the QB cluster situation and injuries even happened. :confused:

And it's all so completely simple that any of the village idiots posting here should be able to give everyone a point, by point, by point dissection on how that's done, and why no other Gator HC/OC has ever managed to get it done.... :cool: (crickets)

Say what you want about the offense Chump left, without the defense he left Mac doesn't have ten wins total. He left damn near a two deep of NFL talent on D. Works both ways. Excuses are gone, its the infamous 'Year 3', Mac goes under the microscope for everything. Evaluation #1: MeatChicken in Jerry's World.

Naw, no need for a micro-scope on this. You've already made the cast iron determination, so now I just sit back and wait for the mass firings, so that Cow-chip Kelly can come in and coach up Fields... :rolleyes:

have another embarrassment performance to the school against FSU and a few other times and that's exactly what you are gonna get...

Naw, no need for a micro-scope on this. You've already made the cast iron determination, so now I just sit back and wait for the mass firings, so that Cow-chip Kelly can come in and coach up Fields... :rolleyes:

Chip Kelly and Fields would make the train-wreck we call offense look even worse than it already does

Chip Kelly and Fields would make the train-wreck we call offense look even worse than it already does

Fine with me, but I want to see them begin with what the musclecramp left here for Mc, not with what Mc has built the program up to in just his 1st 2 years. :cool:
==================

Then you might need to also fire the AD, and hire one that agrees with you first. I mean, I've always heard that a fish rots from the head.... o_O

And to get that job done, a total turnover of all of the UAA idiots that hired all of those losers might not be a bad idea either. o_O

You phootball-genius types might have a chance to pull all of that off, IF you're in the income bracket of a Stienbrenner + Hill-Griffin...
Otherwise, you are likely just peeing into the wind as usual... :cool:

Oh, so Muschamp left an offensive roster that 115 other teams had better personnel than? Seems legit. 4 different QB's, same results. Year 2 with 'his guys' and the offense gets worse. You'd think people would stop blaming the players by now.

Oh, so Muschamp left an offensive roster that 115 other teams had better personnel than? Seems legit. 4 different QB's, same results. Year 2 with 'his guys' and the offense gets worse. You'd think people would stop blaming the players by now.

Hey, as usual, don't let the facts get in the way of your usual ignorant rants... o_O

NFL Drafted Gators from the Musclecramp's Offense, that Mc was left with for his 1st 2 years:

2017 - LT David Sharp 4/129

2016 - WR Demarcus Robinson 4/128
2016 - RB Kelvin Taylor 6/211
IMOHO, all 3 were early departure JR's that weren't guaranteed starters as Sr's.
Otherwise, you only leave early if you are at least a 2-3 rounder.

In Mc's first Spring game, he had 4 ship OL'men to work with, not the 12-16 that's usual.
In his 2nd season, he was loaded at OL with 2-3 stars that he brought in just to fill the holes.
It has taken until now to get anything close to a good OL in place.
While ALL of the current play makers are his recruits, except for an inconsistent TE.
And at the most important position on offense, he was left with the PED and TH cluster, forcing him to use 2 xfer QB's in his 2nd season, or tFr which he apparently didn't feel comfortable with.

You run on and on about where his offense was rated, while you always either ignore or try to minimize his B-2-B SECe-C and the excellent W/L records.

You claim that he only won games because of the defense, which is total BS.

2016 Scoring: UF 311 - 218 Opp
2015 Scoring: UF325 - 256 Opp
And notice that WM with his players had the #8 D.
While Mc took WM's players and had the #8, then #5 defense.
Pretty amazing since so many here claimed that the Gator D would surly go in the toilet without the musclecramp to run it...

Hey, as usual, don't let the facts get in the way of your usual ignorant rants... o_O

NFL Drafted Gators from the Musclecramp's Offense, that Mc was left with for his 1st 2 years:

IMOHO, all 3 were early departure JR's that weren't guaranteed starters as Sr's.

In Mc's first Spring game, he had 4 ship OL'men to work with, not the 12-16 that's usual.
In his 2nd season, he was loaded at OL with 2-3 stars that he brought in just to fill the holes.
While ALL of the current play makers are his recruits, except for an inconsistent TE.
And at the most important position on offense, he was left with the PED and TH cluster, forcing him to use 2 xfer QB's in his 2nd season, or tFr which he apparently didn't feel comfortable with.

You run on and on about where his offense was rated, while you always either ignore or try to minimize his B-2-B SECe-C and the excellent W/L records.

You claim that he only won game because of the defense, which is total BS.

Pretty amazing since so many here claimed that the Gator D would surly go in the toilet without the musclecramp to run it...

Even if he didn't minimize those awesome b2b East titles, or tallest midget contests, his point is even more valid. Mac won those BECAUSE of the defensive NFL 2-deep left him by Muschamp. In other words, in spite of his inability to produce an offensive that was even competitve, the players that one, Will Muschamp left him carried us through.

So again, did 115 teams have better offensive talent?

Did 115 teams play against SEC defenses and FSU?

UF 30 - 3 Iowa

That was with most of the WM defense injured, including both starting NFL LB's among the many that didn't play in the bowl game.

Iowa's D held Mich's hardblow to just 13 points.

1992 Spurrier's 3rd season offense scored 315 pts....

You claim that he only won games because of the defense, which is total BS.

He didn't have 4 linemen to work with, more propaganda. So again...your belief is 115 other teams had better offensive talent? By what metric other than your delusional ramblings?

And LMAO @ you using our scoring margin as proof the team wasn't led by defense. Clearly you have no idea how scoring margin works, among other things. If our defense keeps the other team from scoring what happens? Let's keep this simple and do some basic math...316 divided by 13 is what? 24. So let's say we average 24 ppg on offense...where would that rank for scoring nationwide? 107th, exactly where we finished for total offense. So yes, the defense was responsible for our success even using scoring margin. You're a moron.

And conveniently trying to play both sides of the fence. Last year you went on and on about how all the best players and starters on offense were Mac recruits, yet the offense sucked. Somehow that's Muschamp's fault. Keep spinning.

1992 Spurrier's 3rd season offense scored 315 pts....

Irrelevant. Pace of the game was much slower then which means less plays. The 92 team ran 787 plays, last year's offense ran 68.5 per game, or 891 on the year. And they still scored less than the 92' team. For someone who likes to repeatedly post stats you sure as hell don't know how to understand them.

He didn't have 4 linemen to work with, more propaganda. So again...your belief is 115 other teams had better offensive talent? By what metric other than your delusional ramblings?

And LMAO @ you using our scoring margin as proof the team wasn't led by defense. Clearly you have no idea how scoring margin works, among other things. If our defense keeps the other team from scoring what happens? Let's keep this simple and do some basic math...316 divided by 13 is what? 24. So let's say we average 24 ppg on offense...where would that rank for scoring nationwide? 107th, exactly where we finished for total offense. So yes, the defense was responsible for our success even using scoring margin. You're a moron.

And conveniently trying to play both sides of the fence. Last year you went on and on about how all the best players and starters on offense were Mac recruits, yet the offense sucked. Somehow that's Muschamp's fault. Keep spinning.

List the ship OL'men that were in the 2015 Spring game for us genius. Otherwise, you're a liar/idiot yet again.
List all of the WM 4-5 star OL'men on the 2015-16 teams that Mc had to use for us. Pants on fire I'm betting.
Tell me what the QB roster and depth chart looked like when Mc began the 2015 season, and what happend to them both?

Or just keep on chasing your idiot tail, it's fun to see you getting dizzy while spewing out your disconnected idiocy, while pretending that it's solid, factual logic...

See how you skipped right over the fact that 115 other teams didn't play SEC or FSU defenses.

And I never said that the D wasn't better than the O. You are called out and proven to be a bald-faced liar once again. o_O

Irrelevant. Pace of the game was much slower then which means less plays.

For someone who likes to repeatedly post stats you sure as hell don't know how to understand them.

Spurrier's offenses were slow paced, and that's why they called it the Fun & Gun offense, because it was so slow.. :D:D:D:D:D:D

And I noticed that you skimmed right over all of those solid Top NFL Draftees that the musclecramp left for Mc... (just being his usual moronic self)

And maybe if I just post this over and over again, then you'll stop trying to ignore it, since you're so good with stats and facts... :rolleyes:

UF 30 - 3 Iowa

That was with most of the WM defense injured, including both starting NFL LB's among the many that didn't play in the bowl game.

List the ship OL'men that were in the 2015 Spring game for us genius. Otherwise, you're a liar/idiot yet again.
List all of the WM 4-5 star OL'men on the 2015-16 teams that Mc had to use for us. Pants on fire I'm betting.
Tell me what the QB roster and depth chart looked like when Mc began the 2015 season, and what happend to them both?

Or just keep on chasing your idiot tail, it's fun to see you getting dizzy while spewing out your disconnected idiocy, while pretending that it's solid, factual logic...

See how you skipped right over the fact that 115 other teams didn't play SEC or FSU defenses.

And I never said that the D wasn't better than the O. You are called out and proven to be a bald-faced liar once again. o_O

Quit trying to change the parameters of the argument. Who gives a hell how many OL were in the spring game? Players are out for various reasons at any given point and time during the spring, FSU just played with like 2 of their starters in their spring game. The 2015 OL had 15 scholarship linemen on the roster, 7 of which were here before Mac got here. So you lied. Period.

And Mac inherited 3 QB's...Driskel, Treon, and Grier. Driskel left immediately after his hire. So he was left with 2 4-star HS All-American QB's to groom, poor him. I'm not sure how the Toledo's of the world, all of whom have way worse recruits, managed to put together a competent offense. All their QB's and linemen must be 5-stars I guess. And I didn't skip over anything, teams with lesser recruits scored better than us against common opponents too. For example, we scored 20, TWENTY points against Florida Atlantic and that was with an overtime. Every other team on their schedule but one scored more. And actually if you take out OT then all 12 teams on their schedule scored more, and that was with them playing teams like Charlotte and Utep. Lemme guess...those teams have better talent than us too right? So wrong yet again...seems like a trend.

And maybe if I just post this over and over again, then you'll stop trying to ignore it, since you're so good with stats and facts... :rolleyes:

UF 30 - 3 Iowa

LMAO you're embarrassing yourself. Now we have the ole transitive property at work here huh? Well Arkansas beat us by 21 but only beat Louisiana Tech by 1, so that means Louisiana Tech is 20 points better than us then right? Good to know the only game we played was Iowa. That overrides all the other 12 games. Brilliant.

Reactions: GoFish2
Spurrier's offenses were slow paced, and that's why they called it the Fun & Gun offense, because it was so slow.. :D:D:D:D:D:D

And I noticed that you skimmed right over all of those solid Top NFL Draftees that the musclecramp left for Mc... (just being his usual moronic self)

More distraction. I'll add this here again so everyone can see how dumb you are. You even fail at cherry picking stats. Sad!

"The 92 team ran 787 plays, last year's offense ran 68.5 per game, or 891 on the year. And they still scored less than the 92' team."

104 more plays, still less points. Somehow that proves the 2016 offense was good as the 92 offense because potato. How do you walk and breathe at the same time?

I'll leave you to run your idiot mouth with those that are down on your own level. It's just to tiring for me to keep on posting to such a moron as yourself. zzzzzzzzzz

So declare yourself the winner (as is usual for your type) and move on to to anyone left on here that wants to talk AT you... I suggest either Michi or the bradley turd as your best bets, yawl will make a perfect little circle...

Treon Harris is/was a terrible QB. Where is he at now? Even Driskel ended up at a decent school and started.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gets shown to be the idiot everybody else on the board knows he is, runs away to hide while claiming to be morally superior. At least you're predictable. Cherry pick stats, get embarrassed, post emojis. Then post more cherry picked stats a week later, rinse and repeat. Its hilarious when your own cherry picked stats contradict you. You're like a bot cept they're smarter than you too.

Reactions: METSWIN
Treon Harris is/was a terrible QB. Where is he at now? Even Driskel ended up at a decent school and started.

Who cares? That completely misses the point. This same genius staff pushed for LDR to be eligible in 2015 because according to everyone close to the program they thought he was the best QB on the roster. Meaning better than even Grier. So does it seem like they have any clue what a good QB looks like? Regardless, there aren't a 100+ teams with better talent than UF. Let's see who gets blamed this year, I'm sure it'll be Franks the QB they hand picked that they apparently can't develop.

I suggest either Michi or the bradley turd as your best bets, yawl will make a perfect little circle...

Oozie and Bradley or Michi would only make a line.

Even all three of them would make a triangle.

Neither of which is a circle.

Who cares? That completely misses the point. This same genius staff pushed for LDR to be eligible in 2015 because according to everyone close to the program they thought he was the best QB on the roster. Meaning better than even Grier. So does it seem like they have any clue what a good QB looks like? Regardless, there aren't a 100+ teams with better talent than UF. Let's see who gets blamed this year, I'm sure it'll be Franks the QB they hand picked that they apparently can't develop.
I'm not trying to make a point. All I was saying is Treon Harris is awful. Probably the worst starting QB UF had had since Kyle Morris. He shouldn't be used in any example of an offense no matter who the coach is or was. Carry on with the rest of your argument.

rampant stupidity tends to do that, so a wets-loser will fit right in...
zzzzzzzzzz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT