ADVERTISEMENT

Final Director Cup Standings

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
Now we are number three;

Final standings for the Director's Cup are in with the conclusion of the CWS.

Director's Cup

SEC program rankings:

3. Florida
10. Kentucky
12. Texas A&M
15. UGA
18. LSU
20. Arkansas
21. South Carolina
25. Alabama
28. Auburn
33. Missouri
39. Ole Miss
46. Tennessee
49. Mississippi State
64. Vanderbilt

With an SEC-best 3 team National Championships to its name and a slew of National top-10 finishes, Florida finished 3rd Nationally, 1st among SEC teams in the 2016-17 Learfield Directors’ Cup standings.

It is the Gators’ 9th-Consecutive Top-5 finish in the National standing and 34th consecutive year in the Top 10. No other school in the Nation is even close to that streak... o_O

And UF does that using only 19 of the 20 teams allowed (10 Men's + 10 Women's) for their Cup points total.
UF currently only has 9 Men's teams, due to Title 9 restraints, with 12 Women's teams.

Perennial Cup winner Stanford, has 14 Men's teams to take their best 10 finishers from.
Stanford has 19 Women's teams to take their best 10 finishers from
A total of 33 teams, to UF's 21 teams, only 19 of UF's which can be counted towards the Director's Cup, (9 Men's + 10 Women's)

----------

Aug. 09, 2016 - Coming Olympic competitors from the Top 12 schools:

9-12. with 11 - UF - UGA - Wash - Princeton

7-8. with 12 - TX - Ore

5-6. with 13 - NC - PSU

4. with 15 - USCw

2-3. with 16 - UCLA - UC-Berk

1. with 31 - Stanford (private and $$$$$$$)
Why so many from Stanford? Stanford students and alumni will participate in swimming, diving, water polo, sailing, rowing, soccer, tennis, volleyball, equestrian, rugby, and fencing events this year.

PS -- Conspicuous by their absence, TN, OK, NL.... :rolleyes:
===========

Florida's total of student-athletes earning 2016-17 SEC Academic Honor Roll recognition is 254 (187 among fall, winter & spring academic honor rolls + 68 on the first-year list).

Track & Field has NCAA Indoor & Outdoor Championships and I'm thinking they count as separate sports. In reading the article on the Learfield D.C. home page they referenced indoor and outdoor track as 2 separate sports for point accumulation. So that would make UF competing in 10 men's and 13 women's sports.

I give Stanford props because they are very consistent year to year. This year they won national titles in men's soccer, women's swimming, women's volleyball and women's water polo (that's a sport with so few teams). But they finished in the Top 10 nationally in 15 sports and earned points by the Director's Cup in 24 sports and had to omit points for the lowest 4. I agree that Stanford has a big advantage by competing in 33 sports and get to choose the Top 20, while UF has 23 and can only not count 3. But Stanford has extremely high academic standards as well (not saying that UF doesn't) and their athletic consistency has to be acknowledged.

Last edited:
Track & Field has NCAA Indoor & Outdoor Championships and I'm thinking they count as separate sports. In reading the article on the Learfield D.C. home page they referenced indoor and outdoor track as 2 separate sports for point accumulation.

That still leaves UF with 9 Men's and 12 Women's, 21 Total.

But it might add 2 more to Stanfords by my own count, making it 15 Men's and 20 Women's for a 35 total.

Now we are number three;

Final standings for the Director's Cup are in with the conclusion of the CWS.

Director's Cup

SEC program rankings:

3. Florida
10. Kentucky
12. Texas A&M
15. UGA
18. LSU
20. Arkansas
21. South Carolina
25. Alabama
28. Auburn
33. Missouri
39. Ole Miss
46. Tennessee
49. Mississippi State
64. Vanderbilt
Hey M.J. - I posted the same basic thread 3+ hours ahead of you with 2 links included. But I like the SEC lists that I didn't include. I give Jeremy Foley a ton of credit for building UF's athletic program across the board to where, along with Stanford, we are the most consistent program in the nation. Kentucky surprised me by finishing #2 in the SEC.

That still leaves UF with 9 Men's and 12 Women's, 21 Total.

But it might add 2 more to Stanfords by my own count, making it 15 Men's and 20 Women's for a 35 total.

You are right, buddy!! I miscounted the first time. Even with 2 track & field championships for men & women, that gives UF only 21 total from which to get points and Women's basketball is almost always the 1 that gets eliminated, making every other sport one that counts. Definitely makes it tough. Ohio State earned points in 24 sports and they took the 20 that scored the most for their calculations. Lot more room for off seasons with those athletic departments than for UF. We just need to find a way to add a few more programs like they do.

SEC - SEC - SEC :)

1 Top 5 (3)
1 Top 10
More than half (8) finished in the Top 25
And all but 1 (VU-64) finished in the Top 50.

What's Mad Doggie have to say about Eww T's horrible ranking?
crickets.jpg

:cool:

. We just need to find a way to add a few more programs like they do.

I'm all for adding RIFLE back to our list like it used to be. :cool:
ph -- the panty-waist Libs that dumped it to start with. ROTC was neutered imo with that stroke of PC stupidity.... :mad:

It's not many members, it's relatively inexpensive, it can easily be a part of ROTC again, and it's also an Olympic sport. It's the very best choice for an additional Men's sport imoho! o_O

Hey M.J. - I posted the same basic thread 3+ hours ahead of you with 2 links included. But I like the SEC lists that I didn't include. I give Jeremy Foley a ton of credit for building UF's athletic program across the board to where, along with Stanford, we are the most consistent program in the nation. Kentucky surprised me by finishing #2 in the SEC.
Did not mean to step on your thread. Sorry

Track & Field has NCAA Indoor & Outdoor Championships and I'm thinking they count as separate sports. In reading the article on the Learfield D.C. home page they referenced indoor and outdoor track as 2 separate sports for point accumulation. So that would make UF competing in 10 men's and 13 women's sports.

I give Stanford props because they are very consistent year to year. This year they won national titles in men's soccer, women's swimming, women's volleyball and women's water polo (that's a sport with so few teams). But they finished in the Top 10 nationally in 15 sports and earned points by the Director's Cup in 24 sports and had to omit points for the lowest 4. I agree that Stanford has a big advantage by competing in 33 sports and get to choose the Top 20, while UF has 23 and can only not count 3. But Stanford has extremely high academic standards as well (not saying that UF doesn't) and their athletic consistency has to be acknowledged.

The reality is Stanford is racking up in secondary girl sports, their big 3 really doesn't do anything, and football was all they had and recently they are falling off.. Don't remember their basketball doing anything since losing to bama in the 03 or 04 sweet 16 as the 1 seed...

even for us our most major sport in a down year basically won 10 games again and played for the conference title, won a New Years day bowl in blowout fashion (Thank God for Randy shannon or numbers head was about ready to explode)... Our expectations and ceiling are much higher in everything for a reason... Most here see me as a pessimist when in reality I grew up watching us win in everything as a kid and that's all i knew so my generation was spoiled no doubt about it..I love the Gators in every sport it's quite unhealthy and sometimes that comes off as negatory ranting but it's only because I call it how I see it and want to win, and probably more than the coaches and players many times... but in reality I expect more from coaches with a school like ours with talent advantages over most schools we face, as all our fans that understand that should.. Also, boards like this are for venting things as your sort of out of body experience to overreact, hot takes and anger during games.. When in reality none of us probably act like that in front of others at games, friends, family etc... I know I don't, and can't as a coach.. Your anger has to be held within(or at least directed solely at the officials even if they didn't do anything, the way Sully chewed that ump at the plates ass the other night got our guys even more fired up) so your players don't get rattled as well and start playing uncomposed, but im a fiery guy as at least Danny/Tampa Gator knows about me personally lol(I talk with both fairly often during the fall, and sometimes with Ghost, all good guys)..Im most certainly a hands on players coach :D

but im a fiery guy as at least Danny/Tampa Gator knows about me personally lol(I talk with both fairly often during the fall, and sometimes with Ghost, all good guys)..Im most certainly a hands on players coach :D

That's true.

Especially when we sit on our circle and talk about Insta.

That's true.

Especially when we sit on our circle and talk about Insta.

Thanks for spending your loser's time that way,,, gives some other soul a break.

However, I never spend a NY second thinking or talking about any of you jerks when I'm not here, pointing out your incompetent stupidity to the web-world, because I'd never waste my own 'other time' in such a dead-end manner... :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for spending your loser's time that way,,, gives some other soul a bread.

However, I never spend a NY second thinking or talking about any of you jerks when I'm not here, pointing out your incompetent stupidity to the web-world, because I'd never waste my own 'other time' in such a dead-end manner... :cool:

Apparently my last post worked better than I expected.

Apparently my last post worked better than I expected.

Yep, you got your daily bitchslappin' again, which you seem to desperately need from me, (with your constant begging) since you don't have one around to give you what you need.... o_O

Yep, you got your daily bitchslappin' again, which you seem to desperately need from me, (with your constant begging) since you don't have one around to give you what you need.... o_O

You did exactly what I knew you would do. Show up on a tizzy because I mentioned you and a circle jerk.

But let me get this straight.

You bitchslapped me?

Really?

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think or means.

You did exactly what I knew you would do. Show up on a tizzy because I mentioned you and a circle jerk.

But let me get this straight.

You bitchslapped me?

Really?

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think or means.
There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

Keep it up, looking for me in every thread.

This is getting entertaining.

Mr. "I don't stalk or spam or fill the board with irrelevant, boring posts and I certainly don't waste time on you."

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Keep it up, looking for me in every thread.

This is getting entertaining.

Mr. "I don't stalk or spam or fill the board with irrelevant, boring posts and I certainly don't waste time on you."

It's really a shame you don't want to have fun like everyone else.

It's really a shame you don't want to have fun like everyone else.

we try to talk but the stalker interrupts all of us in the process with insults on top of spam... banned

If they ban a poster like me, while leaving a total turd loser like you, along with dunny, and the mouth-foamer, and the dust-bowl choker, then they will deserve what happens to this board. (see Vol'sChat for a good recent example)

The sniveling Mad-Dog-Dollie used to beg for me to get banned there, and then when it finally happened, that board has died and the moronic mouth-foamer ran right over to this board to post his loser has-been rubber-dollie crap. Why? Because those on his own board ignore his dumb-azz chit, that you like to lap up.

He brought the Choke-la-homo with him, and now he's found like minded brother's in a woman-hater turd like you and a jerk woman-loser like the stinkin' dunnygoater...

I lived the vast majority of my life without this board.
I've been registered with rivals since 1999.
If the Gator board bands me, then I'll do what I did before and just post elsewhere,,,, no worries,,, but I doubt that they ban be for slappin' a turd-moron like you around, especially after you've repeatedly begged for it. :cool:

you will be banned so you will be forced to go bother someone else, and let all of us off topic twits to our football discussions without attacking one another... the irony of your posts and thoughts about this will show when it's you banned and not anyone else as well

If they ban a poster like me, while leaving a total turd loser like you, along with dunny, and the mouth-foamer, and the dust-bowl choker, then they will deserve what happens to this board. (see Vol'sChat for a good recent example)

The sniveling Mad-Dog-Dollie used to beg for me to get banned there, and then when it finally happened, that board has died and the moronic mouth-foamer ran right over to this board to post his loser has-been rubber-dollie crap. Why? Because those on his own board ignore his dumb-azz chit, that you like to lap up.

He brought the Choke-la-homo with him, and now he's found like minded brother's in a woman-hater turd like you and a jerk woman-loser like the stinkin' dunnygoater...

I lived the vast majority of my life without this board.
I've been registered with rivals since 1999.
If the Gator board bands me, then I'll do what I did before and just post elsewhere,,,, no worries,,, but I doubt that they ban be for slappin' a turd-moron like you around, especially after you've repeatedly begged for it. :cool:

You've been banned before.

You were only let back in when the reset happened.

Now nobody is paying attention.

You honestly think you wouldn't be banned immediately if someone came into investigate?

A thoughtful post.

Well done ma'am.
Only posting what your crap deserves for a response.

Only posting what your crap deserves for a response.

What kind of response do your posts deserve?

Naw, this dunny-goater never stalks my posts from thread to thread, just, so he can post his constant mindless crap... :rolleyes:
zzzz

While you're just the local tolerated village idiot.
Now get back up on your wall humpty dumpty.... :cool:

let's see you talk football with me for a few posts without any copy/pastes directly from any Gator site I can't already find in 8 seconds or without personal attacks... good luck

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT