ADVERTISEMENT

Feleipe Franks to Join Les Miles in Kansas ??

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Last edited:
What is their QB situation there? It makes sense if there isn't anyone there with much experience or talent. Hopefully Franks can play in the Spring there to have an equal shot or that will be a big detriment if they do have some young decent talent there at QB.

Just looked at their roster they do have a few QBs returning but the highest one in the pecking order has only thrown one pass at Kansas so none of them have any experience.

A good situation to go into but I still think it may be tough for him if he can't play in the Spring.

Edit: Just looked at who everyone thought the starter would be before the Franks talk started and its Junior College but the guy appears to be about the same type of QB as Franks. He was rated a 3 star coming out of Junior College.

6'5" 230 lb. Looks to be fast for his size at least compared to those Junior college players. Probably just a little slower than Franks.

Last edited:
Kansas isn’t exactly loaded with talent. It has been a bottom dweller D1 program for quite awhile. I’m sure he’d be QB1 if he goes there.

Kansas isn’t exactly loaded with talent. It has been a bottom dweller D1 program for quite awhile. I’m sure he’d be QB1 if he goes there.

I wouldn't be 100% sure if he misses Spring. That Junior college guy that was on the roster this year looks like he may be decent and Miles said he brought the other QB in that one game instead of him for some reason not because he was better. I think it was his own son who was a Senior.

I don't see him just being handed the job anyway.

Franks should find the defenses easier to handle in the Big 12. Jalen Hurts went from a perceived one dimensional player, to passing for nearly 3500 yards.

Franks should find the defenses easier to handle in the Big 12. Jalen Hurts went from a perceived one dimensional player, to passing for nearly 3500 yards.
Hes's gonna need help reading defenses cause when he quarterbacked at Florida,I was a nervous wreck watching games.

He should go somewhere he KNOWS he will be the starter. He needs numbers to be a worthwhile draft pick next year, regardless the school.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I hope he does well. Outside of a few things he played hard at UF and I hope that he has a great year where ever he goes.

He also took it upon himself to wait to release his transfer announcement until it would be least disruptive to Gators.

Franks still bleeds Orange & Blue but was dealt a poor hand with the injury. !

Wishing Feleipe the best where ever he ends up !

Last edited:
Feleipe being fitted for a Non-contact jersey of course, but timing of Kansas spring practice could make a big difference in whether or not Felipe is healed up enough to participate.

Can / will Les Miles adjust Kansas Spring Practice schedule ?

Currently -

Kansas -
Start: Sun., March 12
Game: Sat., April 15

Virginia - latest start date I found listed
Start:March 26;
Game: April 27

Florida - bigger window for spring practice than most; more rest days & players can do "independent film study" on their own - LOL

Start: Tue., Feb. 28
Game: Fri., April 7 7:30 p.m.
TV : Fri, April 7, SEC Network

Lol and then a year from now there will be certain people lamenting about how we let Franks get away and that had he only had proper coaching by a championship caliber coach like Les Miles that he would have been great at Florida.

I mean, just look at those numbers he put up against bad defenses!

The only 2 to the transfer portal so far are:

QB Franks visited and is likely to Les/Kansas.

TE Krull announced that he's going to Pitt.
But Krull intends to play in the Orange Bowl before leaving.

ED to the NFL Draft:
Henderson, as a likely Top 10 pick, is also the only NO for the Bowl.
A few other potential ED's are still waiting for their NFL Evals grades to come back before deciding to stay or go.

Franks HAS to be better than any QB Kansas has on its roster.

The likely one before this happened doesn't look that bad on tape but its junior college after he left Pittsburgh I think it was. Supposedly he was barely beat out by the QB that did start this year who wasn't that bad I guess considering what he had around him.

You think Franks would win the job but if he misses the Spring I think it will be a tossup probably with that guy already knowing the system.

Rivals did make that QB a 3 star after he played in junior college.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT