ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations 5 games in and season in general

SwampRock

Chomp Artist
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2021
Disclaimer: This is not a thread to pump sunshine but the negativity on this board after this game with everyone’s opinions of what must be done is simply exhausting to sort through. I always wait a few days after a Gator loss and honestly don’t think I even want to see the replay but knowing me I’ll still try and find some silver lining but that’s not what this is about.

I have just two question and it’s more of a poll than anything.

1) What were your honest expectations coming into this year as far as overall record? Are we still on track on that with who we’ve played?

2) Would you have been satisfied of those same predictions after the first five games at 3-2 record also including a win over Tennessee?

If you were expecting this roster to go 12-0 then this thread is not for you. I personally was expecting us to go 7-5, hopeful for 8-4 even with a new QB, the youth and roster overhaul, OL needing 4/5 starters replaced, and a poor defense statistically and schematically returning from 2022. Let’s not forget the schedule which was thought to be pretty tough as well. Maybe I was too optimistic but by some of the comments this team has woefully underperformed. I truly expected us to be improved which I still think we are (not that we have not had our issues) and to beat some teams we probably shouldn’t and lose to some we think are strong possibilities for wins. Please tell me why I’m wrong or why you expected better results to justify the drastic changes all are clamoring for. I’m not trying to argue with anyone why you feel this way but it just seems crazy to me the level of drama associated with last week’s result, as painful as it was to watch.

Thanks and regardless of how disappointing this week is, Go Gators

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News