ADVERTISEMENT

Etienne enters the portal

Another blow. Wonder where he's wanting to go?
Serious I Know GIF by Apple TV+

• Haha
Reactions: Countygator1
Could be Oregon…

200w.gif

Could be Arkansas…

giphy.gif

Could be UGA…

public

Could be Kentucky…

cat-kitty.gif

Could be Miami…

ZzB.gif

Hope it’s not FSU…

tumblr_p8srhg55k81u25kiio2_1280.gif
Pretty clever..... Props for putting that together.

For the record, UK is in market shopping the portal for a RB. From the chatter I'm hearing on our board, our top two targets are Rocket Sanders from Arky and Chip Trayanum (sp?) from Ohio State. Maybe our coaches have been in contact with ETN but not that I've heard (yet).

Not man enough to stick it out and create a winning team. I hope he ends up 3rd string wherever he goes.
At the end of the day, it's a business for both the school and the player. It's always been a business, but more clearly expressed now with pay-to-play.

He sees the state of the program far more clear then you or I do. Uf is likely to lose 3-4 in the first 5 games next season.....you really think him staying was going to create a winning team?

We can whine about school loyalty till we're blue in the face, but ultimately it's just a job and he's potentially looking to put himself in a position to best help his actual family and loved ones.

Reactions: emekz1
Valuable info in the transfer portal thread about ETN if you want to read. Where the info belongs not a thread about every kid we lose.

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
sadgator is quickly coming to the conclusion that college football now sucks…

Look, transfer anywhere you want if you don’t want to play for Florida…but UGA…c’mon…

There’s just something so wrong about all of this…
This^^^I'm leaving and also going to one of my former school's most hated SEC rivals.
This shows me that no young athlete has any allegiance to anything except greed and power.

At the end of the day, it's a business for both the school and the player. It's always been a business, but more clearly expressed now with pay-to-play.

He sees the state of the program far more clear then you or I do. Uf is likely to lose 3-4 in the first 5 games next season.....you really think him staying was going to create a winning team?

We can whine about school loyalty till we're blue in the face, but ultimately it's just a job and he's potentially looking to put himself in a position to best help his actual family and loved ones.
Well, if it's just about making money then count me out of supporting it. My generation forced universities to build 80,000 + stadiums all over the country and this generation had rather sit at home and play Fortnite than attend a game. Those stadiums will not stay packed to watch a bunch of entitled JAs act as though they are bigger than the game and more important than the universities they represent.

sadgator is quickly coming to the conclusion that college football now sucks…

Look, transfer anywhere you want if you don’t want to play for Florida…but UGA…c’mon…

There’s just something so wrong about all of this…
I agree. Hired mercenaries.

Reactions: sadgator
Valuable info in the transfer portal thread about ETN if you want to read. Where the info belongs not a thread about every kid we lose.
Are you ever going to quit crying about this FFS!

Bad enough there's like eight people and four active threads, let's post less.

There HAS to be a penalty of some kind for a player who transfers inner-conference from year to year…there just has to be…

Otherwise it’s just straight up poaching…which is basically what it is now…

Transfer all you want anywhere you want, but you gotta make those dudes sit out a year. It’s the ultimate equalizer.

It’s just not right from a competitive standpoint to all unrestricted transfers like this…and sadgator feels this way about incoming transfers as well.

There HAS to be a penalty of some kind for a player who transfers inner-conference from year to year…there just has to be…

Transfer all you want anywhere you want, but you gotta make those dudes sit out a year. It’s the ultimate equalizer.

It’s just not right from a competitive standpoint to all unrestricted transfers like this…and sadgator feels this way about incoming transfers as well.

Wasn't the one year sit rule for SEC transfers supposed to go back into play.

I believe the issue is that they can’t restrict the players’ movement if they’re not under contract. They can’t be under contract unless the NCAA, schools and conferences come off some of their revenue. Appeals court in WVA just ruled that eligibility restrictions on transfers violated antitrust law. Courts are not going to let the NCAA restrict where these players can play without compensation. Everyone knows it sucks but it’s the price everyone pays because the NCAA and the schools want to keep all the money.

So commitments are no longer commitments, they're temporary contracts. Playoffs aren't playoffs, they're invitationals and transfers are really just mercenaries for hire.

Good Lord this sport is dying.

I believe the issue is that they can’t restrict the players’ movement if they’re not under contract. They can’t be under contract unless the NCAA, schools and conferences come off some of their revenue. Appeals court in WVA just ruled that eligibility restrictions on transfers violated antitrust law. Courts are not going to let the NCAA restrict where these players can play without compensation. Everyone knows it sucks but it’s the price everyone pays because the NCAA and the schools want to keep all the money.

I guess its here to stay then. Many of these players are already way overcompensated in the SEC and some other top schools - at least where the boosters are paying them all that NIL money 90%+ aren't worth as far as advertising value. You have a lot of schools though where the boosters aren't shelling out crazy money.

Reactions: gatordad3
Lawyers fvck up everything.

No doubt. Greed breeds contempt. When you try to please everybody no one is happy.

About the only good thing about it is if you are one of the teams paying out some decent NIL money a coach really has no excuse not to be at least competitive by year 2 if he is hired prior to the 1st portal window opening to get players in for the spring. I heard we were willing to spend on this stuff now so I wonder if it's Napier's process taking too long to offer these transfers or if the big boosters figure he is likely gone and holding back until 2024 is over.

What I think is interesting is the difference in the UGA and FSU rosters. UGA is playing everyone and FSU’s entire starting lineup is skipping the game. What accounts for the difference?

I was listening to the Rutgers post game interviews and the kids all sounded like aliens with how committed they were to their program. Mizzou the same thing.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
What I think is interesting is the difference in the UGA and FSU rosters. UGA is playing everyone and FSU’s entire starting lineup is skipping the game. What accounts for the difference?

I was listening to the Rutgers post game interviews and the kids all sounded like aliens with how committed they were to their program. Mizzou the same thing.
The Holes were the same way last season. Not one of their seniors opted out. What a difference a year makes.

GA's NFL draft players are mostly playing?

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq

Culture... and most of our guys are home grown.

Reactions: Milkbone_Dawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT