ADVERTISEMENT

Eight republicans save Mayorkas from being impeached

GhostOfMatchesMalone

Ring of Honor
Oct 1, 2012

"The eight Republicans who sided with the Democrats are Reps. Ken Buck (R-Colo.), Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), Tom McClintock (R-Calif.), Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.), John Duarte, (R-Calif.), Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.), Cliff Bentz (R-Ore.), and Mike Turner (R-Ohio). The final vote was 209-201 against impeachment. Twenty-four members, evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, didn’t vote."

But as @GatorTheo tells us, do NOT call them RINOs. Especially not when they go to DC and vote just like democrats do.

"The eight Republicans who sided with the Democrats are Reps. Ken Buck (R-Colo.), Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), Tom McClintock (R-Calif.), Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.), John Duarte, (R-Calif.), Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.), Cliff Bentz (R-Ore.), and Mike Turner (R-Ohio). The final vote was 209-201 against impeachment. Twenty-four members, evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, didn’t vote."

But as @GatorTheo tells us, do NOT call them RINOs. Especially not when they go to DC and vote just like democrats do.
Buck is a POS. Not surprised at all.

• Angry
Reactions: nail1988

I don't care if you call them rinos. In fact, it's kind of funny.

Why did they want to impeach the guy?

Perfect example of how a Rino is more dangerous than a dem. You now have 8 pubs, voting with dems…and dems can now say see, even pubs agree with us.

Trojan horse, shifting of the party. A dem can’t do that, but an R voting as a dem, can.

I learned in another X thread (which I can’t find at the moment) that my congressman (Larry Buschon) was one of 11 GOP congressmen who didn’t vote on the Mayorkas impeachment resolution. I’ve contacted his office requesting an explanation as to why he didn’t vote. My expectations for a satisfactory explanation are low….. imagine that LOL.

Of course he killed it. If the Senate was always going to block the impeachment, which is likely correct, then how does holding hearings THEN recommending impeachment and kicking it to the Senate make things any better?

The case has already been made. This is about a RINO being a RINO then trying to talk his way out of it.

Of course he killed it. If the Senate was always going to block the impeachment, which is likely correct, then how does holding hearings THEN recommending impeachment and kicking it to the Senate make things any better?

The case has already been made. This is about a RINO being a RINO then trying to talk his way out of it.
Most likely.

But the "procedural concerns" excuse is one I keep hearing, and wanted to share if from the horse's mouth.

The only logic this makes to me is the impeachment is DOA one way or the other, it's symbolic. So having hearings may actually do more damage than two impeachment votes and the Senate killing it...leading dems to say "see, he did nothing wrong".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT