ADVERTISEMENT

Early 2019 W-L predictions

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
August 31 Miami Orlando, Fla. - Win (dangerous game but we have the talent advantage) (Miami did load up in the transfer portal to fill some holes for 2019)
September 7 UT Martin Gainesville, Fla. - Win
September 14 Kentucky Lexington, Ky. - Win (we have the clear talent advantage)
September 21 Tennessee Gainesville, Fla. - Win (Tennessee will still have major issues)
September 28 Towson Gainesville, Fla. - Win
October 5 Auburn Gainesville, Fla. - Win (dangerous game but home field should be the difference)
October 12 LSU Baton Rouge, La. - Loss (road game and LSU is returning a lot of starters)
October 19 South Carolina Columbia, S.C. - Win (we have the clear talent advantage)
November 2 Georgia Jacksonville, Fla. - Loss (Georgia's talent level probably wins this one)
November 9 Vanderbilt Gainesville, Fla. - Win (we have the clear talent advantage)
November 16 Missouri Columbia, Mo. - Win (tough call as Missouri seems to match up well with us)
November 30 Florida State Gainesville, Fla. - Win (FSU is in disarray and a loss here may mean another losing season)

10-2 pre-bowl but 9-3 could be pretty realistic also considering the Auburn, Missouri and Miami games.

I'd take that (10-2). The schedule is tougher than last year, especially considering the road games. If the O-line gels early we could be a dangerous team. Georgia plays at Auburn, then Texas A&M at home back-to-back. I would love to win the East and we're closer to Georgia than many people think. They may have a talent edge right now, but our coaching is better - at least IMO.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Worried about the OL... And who’s the QB? Franks is just not accurate enough to go 10-2 with that schedule this year.

Worried about the OL... And who’s the QB? Franks is just not accurate enough to go 10-2 with that schedule this year.
He went 10-3 last year and improved tremendously as the year progressed. Having better coaching made a huge difference. But Franks may not even be the QB this fall. If he is, he'll have improved enough more to win the job.

A 10-2 season seems reasonable. I’d take that and not think twice with what we’re replacing on the oline plus our schedule. LSU is gonna be a beast of a team and right now I’d have a hard time seeing us win there. So if you tell me we only lose 1 more the rest of the way I’d gladly take it. Truth be told I’d be satisfied with 9-3 and another top 5-10 recruiting class. Year 3 is when we take the leap IMO.

Year 3 is when we will compete for all the marbles. However if the oline is good next year then it could be a special year as well.

I think we will go 10-2 and then see who our opponent is in the bowl game.

I think the Oline will be good/serviceable by year end but with so many new pieces, it's reasonable to assume we'll stub a toe early when we might not next year.

If we lost to Miami somehow Franks probably gets yanked. I don't see Mullen yanking Franks before a loss based on what went on with Prescott who he didn't insert as the starter until the guy with more time missed a game due to injury and then was never put back in as the starter. Jones would probably have to really outplay Franks big time in practice for Mullen to name him the starter for week 1. To take the next step in 2020 I do think it will have to be with Jones.

I just take a look at the previous fevered brain predictions and start LMFAO... :Do_O:D

We haven't seen how things settle out in the Fall practices, (including any injuries) prior to the start of the season. The 16 non-EE FNG's don't arrive until summer.

Hell, we haven't even seen how things go and which positions guys will play in the Spring & O&B Game, or how the FNG EE's settle in.

But hey, if you want to have a stinky FART contest in a closed up small room, have at it... :cool:

The main thing that needs to improve is the defense from game to game and our passing game. The defense was good overall but in our 6 SEC East division games they averaged giving up over 30 points a game. You will lose a couple of games doing that even with an improved offense.

Not sure about the record, but it is virtually certain we lose to Miami in the opener...

And it is so clear... yet everybody is gonna freak out...

I think we win due to having better overall talent but they did load up with some transfers that will make them a better team than in 2018 I would think. If they find some offense they might make it an interesting game.

And as I've said all along, may the best QB win the job... :cool:
=====

2019 Safeties, projected roster:

FS Brad Stewart 6-1 200 Jr
FS Donovan Stiner 6-1 203 Jr

FS Brian Edwards 6-2 192 Jr
FS/WR Trent Whittenmore 6-3 190 Fr **** (early look at WR)

SS Jeawon Taylor 6-0 202 Sr
SS/Star John Huggins 6-1 206 So

SS Quincy Lenton 5-11 207 rsJr (injured out all of 2018)
SS Shawn Davis 5-11 202 Jr
(SD is a big hitter like VJ, but not always in correct position)

Star/CB Trey Dean III 6-3 194 So (Fr All SEC at CB)
Star/LB/SS Amari Burney 6-1 222 So
Star/SS/LB David Reese 6-0 221 rsFr

Between now and August, this is another interesting position group.
Safety will likely be a priority position for the 2020 recruiting class.

Standard coach talk. Jones will have to clearly beat Franks out to be named the starter for game one. If he just plays a little better than Franks the switch wont be made until Franks has a poor game or misses a game due to injury like when Mullen finally made Prescott the starter for good over the more experienced QB at Miss State. If either of those 2 things happen I think Jones takes over and Franks never gets his job back.

Nope - you forgot the Driskel special where he threw into triple coverage about 3 times that game.

Yeah true.

Except you fools ignore the fact that in 6 games, the stone hand receivers had 22 DROPPED PASSES, and the receiver (T.Burton I think it was?) admitted in a post game interview that he turned the wrong way on a timing pass that resulted in an interception. o_O

Some idiot fans and clueless students, along with his 'butt-buddy' receiver (dropped ball) teammates, wanted Treon Harris to play instead of goody-2-shoes, straight-laced Jeff.
And they all eventually got exactly what they deserved... o_O

Jeff transferred, had a great rsSr season at LaTech, and is now in the NFL. :p

Where is TH? IMO, he was the beginning of the downfall of UF football, though he certainly doesn't deserve all of the credit/blame for the years of 'cluster' that followed. :confused:

The pitiful / shameful thing is this, even after years, you twits can't leave Jeff outta your BS whining and sniveling. :cool:

Last edited:
10-2 with losses to Auburn and LSU.

We start off 5-0. We drop the next two. This board and 99.9% Gator boards lose their marbles and go haywire thinking Mullen has lost some luster or we need a QB change or something. All poodle fans start licking their nuts and talking shit on this board. We win the next 5 including beating UGAby +5. Everybody chills out .

10-2

I got nothing to lose, this ain't 'Lost Wages,' so my way-to-early W-a-G is 15-0 NC.

I get nothing if that is correct,,, and I lose nothing if that is incorrect... :cool:

==========

9-3
Lose to UGA, LSU, and AU.

However, UGly loses 4.

They will begin by losing their G-Day Spring Game, too many injuries on both sides. :eek:

Their 1st 3 monster opponents will play them close: VU, Murray St, & ArkSt. :rolleyes:

Then they get embarrassed at home by the nuttless (no nutts to lick) neutered lame. o_O

Coming off that embarrassing loss, they go to Neland and get chit-stomped by rubber-dollies. :(

After skating on the rebound at home vs SCa and UK, the go to Jax for another chit-stomping by the Gators. :p

This breaks them up so badly that their last 3 games of the season are all toss-ups vs AU, aTm, GaT, losing at least one of those 3 games. Best they will do is 4 losses while '4th and Dumb' goes on the no-coaching 'Hot' seat. :cool:

Leaving them with no need to get chit-stomped yet again in the SEC-C game.... :oops:

I got nothing to lose, this ain't 'Lost Wages,' so my way-to-early W-a-G is 15-0 NC.

I get nothing if that is correct,,, and I lose nothing if that is incorrect... :cool:

==========

However, UGly loses 4.

They will begin by losing their G-Day Spring Game, too many injuries on both sides. :eek:

Their 1st 3 monster opponents will play them close: VU, Murray St, & ArkSt. :rolleyes:

Then they get embarrassed at home by the nuttless (no nutts to lick) neutered lame. o_O

Coming off that embarrassing loss, they go to Neland and get chit-stomped by rubber-dollies. :(

After skating on the rebound at home vs SCa and UK, the go to Jax for another chit-stomping by the Gators. :p

This breaks them up so badly that their last 3 games of the season are all toss-ups vs AU, aTm, GaT, losing at least one of those 3 games. Best they will do is 4 losses while '4th and Dumb' goes on the no-coaching 'Hot' seat. :cool:

Leaving them with no need to get chit-stomped yet again in the SEC-C game.... :oops:

Wanna make a ban bet on that?

Sure, if you'll bet on which of us has the most H-2-H wins since 1990. :cool:

But why limit it to recent history, how about H-2-H since 1950? o_O

And your great-great-grand-daddy's leather helmet days are not even in my loooog lifetime, much less in a clueless twits like your's... :p

But I know, for UGly football fans, history began just 2 years ago... :rolleyes:

PS
6. UF
7. LSU
8 UGly losers to #15 Texazz...

Last edited:
Except you fools ignore the fact that in 6 games, the stone hand receivers had 22 DROPPED PASSES, and the receiver (T.Burton I think it was?) admitted in a post game interview that he turned the wrong way on a timing pass that resulted in an interception. o_O

Some idiot fans and clueless students, along with his 'butt-buddy' receiver (dropped ball) teammates, wanted Treon Harris to play instead of goody-2-shoes, straight-laced Jeff.

Where is TH? IMO, he was the beginning of the downfall of UF football, though he certainly doesn't deserve all of the credit/blame for the years of 'cluster' that followed. :confused:

The pitiful / shameful thing is this, even after years, you twits can't leave Jeff outta your BS whining and sniveling. :cool:
And Jacoby Brissett proved to be better than either one. Muschamp screwed that up by choosing Driskel over Brissett. Brissett transferred, some of his former Dwyer teammates on the UF roster transferred and I don't think we've gotten a top notch player from that powerhouse high school since.

And Jacoby Brissett proved to be better than either one. Muschamp screwed that up by choosing Driskel over Brissett. Brissett transferred, some of his former Dwyer teammates on the UF roster transferred and I don't think we've gotten a top notch player from that powerhouse high school since.

Never understood why they were so determined to keep playing Driskel despite him always doing crap at the worst times.

Driskell's problem was the exact same problem that Franks has now. It's not athletic or stature. They were both tall and well built, adequate though not gifted nor natural runners. Solid enough to pound the ball for 1st downs when it needed to be done or when the play broke down. Their problem however is that neither of them thinks fast. Neither of these 2 QBs can catch that ball and survey the field and the defense in the 1 second they are stepping back their 2 steps and then get rid of it to the correct receiver. How many times this past season EVEN with all of his improvements, have we seen Franks just completely not see the wide open receiver on a broken coverage route and instead throws into tight or double coverage on an iffy play. That was Drisky's problem from day 1 and we never gave him a consistent offense or set of coaches to help him improve. You look at these QBs at other schools who go in as Freshmen and win or play for national championships and they just know how to read a defense correctly BEFORE the snap but also have the brains and reaction time to perform the play correctly AFTER the snap. Our guy seems to need 5-6 seconds to be able to find that correct route as it's taking place, or find the 2nd option to throw to, and that is simply too long in college, and definitely in the NFL. It forces Franks to make VERY bad throws that are off target or inaccurate far more than we fans are able to tolerate some games. When a defense tee's off on that time disadvantage the way Missouri did to us in 2018, they completely shut our offense down.

Driskell's problem was the exact same problem that Franks has now. It's not athletic or stature. They were both tall and well built, adequate though not gifted nor natural runners. Solid enough to pound the ball for 1st downs when it needed to be done or when the play broke down. Their problem however is that neither of them thinks fast. Neither of these 2 QBs can catch that ball and survey the field and the defense in the 1 second they are stepping back their 2 steps and then get rid of it to the correct receiver. How many times this past season EVEN with all of his improvements, have we seen Franks just completely not see the wide open receiver on a broken coverage route and instead throws into tight or double coverage on an iffy play. That was Drisky's problem from day 1 and we never gave him a consistent offense or set of coaches to help him improve. You look at these QBs at other schools who go in as Freshmen and win or play for national championships and they just know how to read a defense correctly BEFORE the snap but also have the brains and reaction time to perform the play correctly AFTER the snap. Our guy seems to need 5-6 seconds to be able to find that correct route as it's taking place, or find the 2nd option to throw to, and that is simply too long in college, and definitely in the NFL. It forces Franks to make VERY bad throws that are off target or inaccurate far more than we fans are able to tolerate some games. When a defense tee's off on that time disadvantage the way Missouri did to us in 2018, they completely shut our offense down.

100% the way I see it most of the time.

Never understood why they were so determined to keep playing Driskel despite him always doing crap at the worst times.
Maybe you both need to ask his 'crap teammates' with the 22 dropped passes in just 6 games that question.... o_O

And if you want to use Brissett's stats after he left UF to shore up your comparisons, then compare them to Driskell's stats at LaTech after he got away from the 'cluster' he was in at UF. :rolleyes:

Hey fevered brains, quality recruiting ends in Aug. and Dan can't recruit a lick, can he.... :rolleyes:

PS
Both Driskell and Brissett are currently drawing an NFL paycheck... :cool:
And it's not impossible imo, that both Franks and Trask will both be drawing an NFL paycheck in the near future.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...l-dissects-defenders-for-first-career-TD-pass

Last edited:
The fact that a college QB is on an NFL roster doesn't make him better than one who is not, nor does it necessarily reflect on how good he was in college. Tim Tebow was one of the best college QB's in NCAA history. The fact that he was only in the NFL for 3-4 years and only started a handful of games doesn't detract from his greatness in college. They are 2 different games and some players improve a lot as they hit their mid-20's, others just aren't a fit for the NFL game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT