ADVERTISEMENT

E E freshmen getting solid reviews at 2nd team OL; Noah Banks medically retires from football

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Many of the depth charts I have seen show Ethan White on the 2nd team at LG , Kingsley Eguakun at 2nd team OC, & Michael Tarquin at either 2nd or 3rd team RT.

The incredible work they have done seems to be paying off. Hoping it keeps up & they get on the field some.

I think the oline is going to be better than people think. At least the starting oline and if we can stay injury free.

I think safety may be the biggest concern on the team

Many of the depth charts I have seen show Ethan White on the 2nd team at LG , Kingsley Eguakun at 2nd team OC, & Michael Tarquin at either 2nd or 3rd team RT.

The incredible work they have done seems to be paying off. Hoping it keeps up & they get on the field some.

lol I'm no Fever but I've read, not the opposite, but a differing opinion across the board. While it's true those guys are showing out well for where they are in the program (young) the 2nd line has looked pretty rough as a unit. Does that make sense?

I do agree with the sentiment on these guys though...they are putting in the work. I also agree with Ozzz that come next year, the Oline group from top to bottom won't be an issue in terms of depth moving forward. Lastly I think this years 1st team (6-7 deep) will be really good day 1 and if can skip the injury bug they'll be a good group all year.

“...The next five behind them (starting OL) between Richard (Gouraige), Ethan (White), Tanner (Rowell) and Michael (Tarquin) they’ve all made a lot of progress. T.J. Moore has made a lot of progress,” Hevesy stated."

"...During a press conference after the early signing period Dan Mullen told reporters that White was nearly 400 pounds on his official visit to Gainesville."

"...We had to get him structured and he had the discipline to do it to get from 393-394 to 337 now, (Aug 7th)” Hevesy said. “To me he’s done a great job with it and now it’s just learn to play. He doesn’t have that extra 50-something pounds running around and it’s just learning to play that way and stop thinking you are 400 pounds and think more like a 330-pound guy.”

https://www.gatorcountry.com/florid...y-pleased-with-way-gators-ol-is-taking-shape/

In the words of Urban Meyer, Ethan White is a "Road Grader", & before season's end, he will be taking extended snaps and showing it.

We just need to get through this season and then offensive line play will be rolling. We only have one senior lineman on the squad. Next year we'll return the top 10-12 in the rotation.

Yes but the turnover at skill positions will be massive.

Yes but the turnover at skill positions will be massive.

Yes and no. Top 5 receivers probably gone but both TE’s will be back and we flex them out like receivers anyway. Every back cept one will be back. And we’ll have another 5 receivers that have at least been on campus two years.

Remember we run a spread which is simple for skill players. Not like they have to learn some complicated route tree like in a prostyle.

One positive for the OL group is they get to practice against one of the best defensive fronts in the country. Our D-line should be top 10 this season.

Yes and no. Top 5 receivers probably gone but both TE’s will be back and we flex them out like receivers anyway. Every back cept one will be back. And we’ll have another 5 receivers that have at least been on campus two years.

Remember we run a spread which is simple for skill players. Not like they have to learn some complicated route tree like in a prostyle.

QB?

IF Franks goes, they still have:

Trask 6-5 235 rsSr - 3rd year with Dan & Brian, best passer
Jones 6-2 202 rsSo - UA-AA, 3rd year and best runner.
Richardson 6-4 224 4.4/40 Fr -- Elite-11- he does both well.
(and Franks might not be leaving,,, depending)

Plus a host of others that played QB in HS, if they were needed.

Last edited:
Noah Banks medically retires from football
Noah Banks’ comeback attempt is over. Due to a medical condition (Epilepsy) the redshirt senior from Pensacola will not be able to suit up for the Florida Gators this year.

Makes the younger linemen even more important than ever !

LG/LT M.Ivey and RT Wannie both played as true Fr, as many others have before them, including LG/RG Heggie. An OL depth loss for sure, but not a catastrophic loss....

I'm sure that the true freshman OL are working hard. However, by default, there has to be 3 true freshmen in the 2 deep chart BECAUSE there is no one else on the roster at that point for depth. Other than Goraige and TJ Moore, who are also in the 2 deep, the only other scholarship players to beat out ARE OTHER TRUE FRESHMAN.

I'm sure that the true freshman OL are working hard. However, by default, there has to be 3 true freshmen in the 2 deep chart BECAUSE there is no one else on the roster at that point for depth. Other than Goraige and TJ Moore, who are also in the 2 deep, the only other scholarship players to beat out ARE OTHER TRUE FRESHMAN.

We are in some trouble if anyone goes down. It will be even worse if its a tackle that goes down. The 2nd stringers at tackle in the spring game were getting whipped on almost every passing play when they went against someone that will be in the defensive rotation on game days.

We are in some trouble if anyone goes down. It will be even worse if its a tackle that goes down. The 2nd stringers at tackle in the spring game were getting whipped on almost every passing play when they went against someone that will be in the defensive rotation on game days.

BTW, the Spring game was 5-6 Savage months ago... :cool:

2019 Current OL Roster

66. OC/OG Nick Buchanan 6-3 291 rsSr - 2018 starter
61. LG/OC Brett Heggie 6-4 330 rsJr - 7 starts
72. LT Stone Forsythe 6-7 329 rsJr - 3 starts
50. LG Tanner Rowell 6-2 283 rsJr - Can bench press your car...
The rest with some backup playing time:
56. LT Jean DeLance 6-4 313 rsJr
75. RT T.J. Moore 6-5 305 rsSo
67. RG Chris Bleich 6-6 330 rsFr - EE
76. LT Richard Gouraige 6-4 298 rsFr
62. OC/OG Griffin McDowell 6-3 295 rsFr
9 Returning.
-----
FNG's (7)
65. E-#7 OC Kingsley Eguakun 6-4 294 Fr *** EE
78. E-#11 OG Ethan White 6-5 337 Fr **** EE (down from 390)
74. R-#13 OG Will Harrod 6-5 334 Fr **** EE
64. R-#17 OG Riley Simonds 6-4 303 Fr ***
70. E-#18 OT Michael Tarquin 6-5 279 Fr **** EE
R-#37 OT Wardrick Wilson 6-5 311 Fr ****
~ Needs his Green Card renewal, Bahama's, but FL HS.

OL Da'Quan Thomas 6-2 316 Fr - Fall W-O, W.Palm Bch, Dwyer
This might just be the W-O steal of 2019... o_O
Oxbridge Academy (FL) rising junior OT Da'Quan Thomas, who stands 6-foot-3, 290 pounds, is perhaps the best kept secret out of West Palm Beach, Florida. Thomas, the younger cousin to both Tevon Coney (Norte Dame) and Leroy Reynolds (Atlanta Falcons), this past fall paved the way for his school's first state championship appearance.
The stat that Thomas takes pride in the most, is having his team averaged 187.5 rushing per game according to Maxpreps.com.

Thomas has also not allowed a single sack within the last two seasons as the anchor of the trenches. He's not only big, strong, and athletic. Thomas carries a 3.0 weighted GPA and is schedule to take this upcoming ACT in February of 2018.

The rising junior, is responsible for 50 pancakes on the season, which consisted against stiff opponents, such as Glades Central, Chaminda-Mondonna, and Archbishop Wood (PA.).

The little-known talent, is hoping to pick up his first verbal scholarship this spring. He's for sure a diamond in the rough college football coaches. Da'Quan Thomas is my next Rising Star of South Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT