ADVERTISEMENT

Devin Robinson Declares for NBA Draft

Devin has tremendous upside, unfortunately he is far too passive for the NBA. He doesn't take advantage of his athleticism nearly as much as he should. He will have to be far more selfish with the ball at the next level, and I don't know if he has the mentality for that. It's true that some guys would just rather take a back seat on the court, but they usually don't last very long in the league.

His timidity in the Cocks game literally made me want to scream. Young man has been blessed with NBA level ability, but he only taps into at certain times. NBA's would make him look really deficient at this stage of his game. He would probably be a top 15 pick if he returns next year, but right now I would think NBA scouts see him as more of a project.

If he goes, no problem, but imo he needs to continue his development, both on the court and in the conditioning program. Up to him, but being this close, I'd want to finish my (good for a lifetime) UF degree.

~ A pretty good way to go out,,,, Hill had 11 points, 5 assists and 3 steals to finish his UF career.

~ Sophomore guard KeVaughn Allen and junior guard Chris Chiozza were named to the East Regional all-tournament team.

White will be getting a well deserved contract extension, to go along with his $100,000 in bonus money.

Last edited:
The Article also talks about Egbunu leaving early. That would be a big blow imo.

He might go, but even if he stays it would probably be late Nov or Dec before he could get any playing time, and Jan before he got the ACL recovery 'rust' knocked off of his game.

JMOHO, but Devin's loss would be far greater than John's. I think that the Gators might even be better in the front court in 2017-18 without him, especially if Hayes and Gak can continue to develop.

There is also a further possible up grade in the front court with these four:
PF Keith Stone 6-8 240 rsSo
PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 222 rsFr (rehabbing foot stress fracture as a Fr)

~ #44 PF-SF Chase Johnson 6-8 205 Fr ***
Offers - UF - Tn, Sca, VU, Az, Clem, Butl, KSt, Marq, PSU, TCU, Va, VaT, WVa.

~ #26 C-PF Isaiah Stokes 6-8 250 Fr **** (144-150) - signed
Offers - UF - Tn, NC, TCU, IoSt.

Somebody has to leave. We are 1 over the scholly limit.

Men's Division-I teams are allowed 13 full-ride scholarships that can be broken up any way the university sees fit. You could see 26 players with half scholarships on a given team, however, it would be highly unusual.

Also ---
~ #43 PG Michael Okauru 6-3 175 Fr *** -- Hard Commit, but not yet signed.
Offers - UF - Clem, Kan, GaT, Rut.

But I agree, one of these 3 will likely not be on ship for next season:
SF Devin Robinson 6-8 200 Sr
C John Egbunu 6-11 255 rsSr

If I had to choose one of those 3, it would be the center.
Nothing against John, but that seems to me to be where they have the depth.

PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 222 rsFr (rehabbing foot stress fracture as a Fr)
~ #44 PF-SF Chase Johnson 6-8 205 Fr *** - signed (a lot of offers for a 3 star???)
Offers - UF - Tn, Sca, VU, Az, Clem, Butl, KSt, Marq, PSU, TCU, Va, VaT, WVa.

C John Egbunu 6-11 255 rsSr (ACL, unknown return date, Nov-Dec?)
C-PF Kevarrius Hayes 6-9 218 Jr
C Gorjok Gak 6-11 231 So
~ #26 C-PF Isaiah Stokes 6-8 250 Fr **** (144-150) - signed
Offers - UF - Tn, NC, TCU, IoSt.

If he is a late 2nd round pick he might come back?
He probably ought to come back if he is in the second round at all. Early second round players make a roster for three years roughly 16% of the time. I guess he could get some big money in Europe though?

If he came back and got drafted in the first round, that is huge because the NBA requires all first round picks be given guaranteed contracts.

1*c3IZzPH61DBfp-PzdJPXlQ.jpeg

I think Hill may actually go into the restaurant business in Umatilla with his degree. He'll call it Kasey's
Missed Layup Restaurant and will specialize in turnovers: Beef Turnover, Cheesy Chicken Turnover, Apple Turnover, Blueberry Turnover, Cherry Turnover, Pulled Pork Turnover, Sweet Potato Turnover, etc. So many varieties to choose from!! :)

C John Egbunu rsJr he gets his degree this semester. And so, it’s a matter of do I apply for grad school or do I pursue the professional basketball thing?” Even if he stays at UF, he'd likely not be available until late Nov or early Dec. If he can go in the draft anywhere, he probably should go.

For SF Devin Robinson Jr, it's a matter of where he would go in the draft. What team tells him that they want him? I think that he needs another year at UF, not for the Gators benefit, but for his own continued development. Up to him either way, and good luck to him, either way....

IF they both go, then UF will have an extra ship to use somewhere if they want to. And if the PG (Okauru) doesn't make it in for whatever reason, then they have 2 ships open to add any additional recruits, xfers, or JuCo's....

Last edited:
Despite the fact that sadgator hates Kasey bashing, this response was most clever.
Thanks sad. I was trying to be funny, not mean. Hill really does seem like a good, solid kid who played his heart out and had a very good senior season. He was just so frustrating to watch at times. And we all need to laugh and not take things so seriously, right?

Robinson and Egbunu are both gone.
Yep, but the recruiting class coming in is highly rated, plus we get a redshirt guy ready to play. I honestly think the player we're going to miss most is Justin Leon. A total hustle guy who was all about the team and giving it all you've got. Players feed off that and we'll need someone to step in and take his place.

Something always bothered me, how come if you declare in football you can't come back but in other sports you can?

I am excited about the future of Florida basketball

I would be more excited if we were allowed to actually participate when it matters in tournament games like everyone else at big name schools, have to hope we don't run into missouri or another shit tier underdog school throughout the entire tournament or God forbid Butlers in the elite 8 for 99 double bonuses to tip off the game...

Something always bothered me, how come if you declare in football you can't come back but in other sports you can?

Is there a difference in reality except the NFL's 3 year removed from high school rule? In both all you really get to do is get feedback on the draft if you don't hire an agent I think. In neither one you can't actually participate on draft day and come back if you aren't drafted. I think I am right on that anyway.

Florida basketball adds Okauru to signing class
Comments
0 Share
GAINESVILLE | Guard Michael Okauru has signed a national letter of intent with Florida, adding to coach Mike White’s second recruiting class.

The 6-foot-4 Okauru signed Wednesday and will be on campus this summer. His letter arrived the same day freshman guard Eric Hester decided to transfer, moving on after averaging 2.2 points in 20 games.

Florida also will have 6-foot-5 guard Jalen Hudson available this fall. The Virginia Tech transfer sat out last season under NCAA transfer rules.

PG Eric Hester 6-3 167 Fr is transferring out after 1 season at UF.
Good luck Eric.

PG Chris Chiozza 6-0 176 Sr
SG/PG KeVaughn Allen 6-2 183 Jr
SG/SF Jalen Hudson 6-6 190 rsJr (VaT xfer)

PG Michael Okauru 6-4 175 Fr (finally signed his LOI)

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/...tle=Point-guard-joins-Gators-recruiting-class

All 4 freshmen in the #9 2017 Recruiting class are set to arrive at UF on June 26 for Summer-B.

#9 Ranked Gator's 2017 Recruiting Class per ESPN:

#10 C-PF Isaiah Stokes 6-8 (253-273?) **** 85 - 59/100 - Memphis, TN

#18 SG-SF DeAundre Ballard 6-6 195 **** 85 -64/100 - Atlanta, Ga

#19 PF Chase Johnson 6-8 210 **** 83 - 98/100 - Ripley, WVa

#42 PG Michael Okauru 6-4 175 **** 80 - Releigh, NC

Last edited:
SF Devin Robinson is officially gone to the NBA draft, announcing he will be leaving UF and will soon sign with an Agent.

C John Egbunu is still uncertain about leaving early.

UF is hosting Rice Grad-xfer SF Egor Koulechov

2013 SF/SG Egor Koulechov 6-5 190 ** - Weston, FL, committed to AzSt
Transferred to Rice after 1 year at AzSt.

2016 SF Egor Koulechov 6-5 210 rsJr -- 18 Pt's - 2 Ast's - 9 Reb's
Looking to Grad-transfer, possibly to UF now that SF Robinson is gone for sure.

The Gators will have a huge roster transformation for 2017.

Sr's gone: PG Hill - PF Leon - SF/SG Barry - C Rimmer
Jr's gone: SF Robinson -- Possible C Egbunu
Fr xfer out PG Herter

ESPN's #9 incoming Fr class:
PG Michael Okauru Fr
SF/SG DeAundre Ballard Fr
PF Chase Johnson Fr
C Isaiah Stokes Fr
Transferred in and sat out last year from VaT:
SG/SF Jalen Hudson 6-6 190 rsJr
-------------
He has declared for the NBA draft and will soon hire an Agent.
SF Devin Robinson's 6-8 200 Jr - 36 Gms, 35 GS - 26.4 Min/Gm
FG's 47.5% - 3Pt 39.1% - FT 72.3% - Ast/Gm 0.6 - Ave Pts 11.1
RBS - Off 62, Def 158, Ave 6.1 -- PF 81 - 31 Stl - 29 Blk

A Grad-xfer from Rice is among those considering a move to UF.
SG/SF Egor Koulechov 6-5 210 rsJr - 35 Gms, 35 GS - 34.3 Min/Gm
FG's 47.3%
- 3Pt 47.4% - FT 81.9% - Ast/Gm 2.1 - Ave Pts 18.2
RBS - Off 65, Def 247, Ave 8.9 -- PF 70 - Stl 29 - Blk 11
>>> He would be a very solid replacement for Robinson imoho.
=================

Projected Roster for 2017-18: (incoming Fr, 247 rankings)

PG Chris 'Cheezy' Chiozza 6-0 176 Sr
PG Michael Okauru 6-4 175 Fr
SG/PG KeVaughn 'KeV' Allen 6-2 183 Jr

SG/SF Jalen Hudson 6-6 190 rsJr (VaT xfer)
SF DeAundre Ballard 6-6 180 Fr
? SG/SF Egor Koulechov 6-5 210 rsSr ? >>>>>>>> SIGNED WITH UF

PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 222 rsFr (foot stress fracture as a Fr)

PF-SF Chase Johnson 6-8 205 Fr

C John Egbunu 6-11 255 rsSr (ACL, unknown return date, Nov-Dec-NBA?)
C-PF Kevarrius Hayes 6-9 218 Jr
C Gorjok Gak 6-11 231 So
C-PF Isaiah Stokes 6-8 250 Fr
============

So while there looks to be a roster turnover of about 50%, it still looks like it will be a very solid team for next season, much like the football team/roster. :cool:

Last edited:
X-fer Update; Goodbye Devin,,, but HELLO and WELCOME EGOR!!!! :)

As a graduate transfer, the 6-foot-5 Russian will be eligible to play immediately for Mike White and the Gators. Last season for the Owls, Koulechov started all 35 of Rice’s games and averaged 18.2 points and 8.9 rebounds per game while setting a team record for 3-point field goal percentage (.474). He was the only player in Conference USA to average a double-double in league play. :D

It came down to a choice between Choke-la-homa and Florida.

“I just believe there’s great opportunity there,” he said. “This just feels right. Now that I’ve made the decision, I feel like it’s a load off my chest, and I feel good about it and I’m not going to look back.” -- Egor --- (UF 84 - 52 @ Okla -32) :eek:

Hey dust-bowl Chokers (especially including the guy with his head-nailed-to-da-flor),
:p :p :p

X-fer Update;

“I just believe there’s great opportunity there,” he said. “This just feels right. Now that I’ve made the decision, I feel like it’s a load off my chest, and I feel good about it and I’m not going to look back.” -- Egor --- (UF 84 - 52 @ Okla -32) :eek:

Hey dust-bowl Chokers (especially including the guy with his head-nailed-to-da-flor),

Ole nailed-head seems to always disappear when things like this happen... :rolleyes:

The Gator's Mike White beats out Big12/10/whatever schools for xfer players:

It was Texas last season, for VaTech xfer SG/SF Jalen Hudson 6-6 190.

This season he beats out Okla for a Rice xfer, SF/PF Egor Koulechov 6-5 210..

Egor joins the Gator's #9 recruiting class bringing the FNG total up to 5..... :)

X-fer Update; Goodbye Devin,,, but HELLO and WELCOME EGOR!!!! :)

As a graduate transfer, the 6-foot-5 Russian will be eligible to play immediately for Mike White and the Gators. Last season for the Owls, Koulechov started all 35 of Rice’s games and averaged 18.2 points and 8.9 rebounds per game while setting a team record for 3-point field goal percentage (.474). He was the only player in Conference USA to average a double-double in league play. :D

Congrats on the grad transfer :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm enjoying the 5* point guard Lonny just signed and the 3peat by the men's gymnastic team. :cool:How did the Lizzerds finish? :eek:

2 nattys in two weeks. :p:p

http://www.ncaa.com/news/gymnastics...astics-oklahoma-finishes-perfect-season-third

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT