ADVERTISEMENT

CONGRATULATIONS TO FSU!!!!!!!!

grommit

Bull Gator
Oct 30, 2005
FAU just hired Willie Taggart to replace Lane Kiffin. This means Taggart is gainfully employed and thus will NOT be accepting his full 18.5 or whatever it was million $ to sit at home on the front porch and yell at folks.

I have no ideas on the details, but quite clearly, FSU will not owe him the full amount.

Maybe with all the extra money, Norvell can hire a decent QB finally.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
FAU just hired Willie Taggart to replace Lane Kiffin. This means Taggart is gainfully employed and thus will NOT be accepting his full 18.5 or whatever it was million $ to sit at home on the front porch and yell at folks.

I have no ideas on the details, but quite clearly, FSU will not owe him the full amount.

We do need a decent bag man.

The swindle in the swamp has nothing on what Taggart did to our admin

Taggart being hired as HC at FAU will reduce his buyout, but won't eliminate it.

They will deduct his new salary from the buyout & FSU will pay the difference/

Yeah I never stated that his entire buyout would be gone by taking a job, just that FSU gets off the hook for that full amount.

Sorry but I'm not a rich person. What in the bloody hell motivates someone who has millions already in the bank, is staring down 18 more coming from not lifting a finger, but would still rather go back to work in a field where you're not liked at all and that you have shown no success whatsoever? Seriously it's like winning the lottery and then going out and getting a job at Walmart or something, I just don't get it. I know the whole thing about competitive people care about the fight and the drive, not the money but good grief, to have that kind of gift in this day and age and say nah, I'm gonna go out and get another job that requires 18 hour days, has little to no time off year round, and largely makes you a villain in most people's eyes with only a miniscule chance of true success.

Why? If I had that kinda money, I'd never work a day in my life again, hike the AT, PCT, and CDT then retire drunkenly to a sailboat anchored down in the bahamas.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Yeah I never stated that his entire buyout would be gone by taking a job, just that FSU gets off the hook for that full amount.

Sorry but I'm not a rich person. What in the bloody hell motivates someone who has millions already in the bank, is staring down 18 more coming from not lifting a finger, but would still rather go back to work in a field where you're not liked at all and that you have shown no success whatsoever? Seriously it's like winning the lottery and then going out and getting a job at Walmart or something, I just don't get it. I know the whole thing about competitive people care about the fight and the drive, not the money but good grief, to have that kind of gift in this day and age and say nah, I'm gonna go out and get another job that requires 18 hour days, has little to no time off year round, and largely makes you a villain in most people's eyes with only a miniscule chance of true success.

Why? If I had that kinda money, I'd never work a day in my life again, hike the AT, PCT, and CDT then retire drunkenly to a sailboat anchored down in the bahamas.
Taggart was rich before he coached at FSU. He was a multi-millionaire. He just got a lot richer from his time at FSU. He's coaching again because he can and to prove something I guess.

College football coaches are in the top 1% of American earners. It's unreal. Norvell is going to make a paltry 3.75m. Broken down in to bi-monthly payments that's 156,250 every two weeks.

Taggart was rich before he coached at FSU. He was a multi-millionaire. He just got a lot richer from his time at FSU. He's coaching again because he can and to prove something I guess.

College football coaches are in the top 1% of American earners. It's unreal. Norvell is going to make a paltry 3.75m. Broken down in to bi-monthly payments that's 156,250 every two weeks.
This is why I'm so pissed that I wasn't considered for the FSU job. Just give me a year. Didn't even need a big buyout. Even I could do better than Taggart did. I'd just hire everyone posting on the board here to be assistants. You pay me 100,000$ bimonthly and I'll wear whatever jersey or shirt you want me to wear. Well short of tennessee. I'd rather starve than take a job there.

That's why you sail to the south of France during hurricane season.
You are a braver man than I, I didn't like doing it an LPD.

serveimage

There's also a big difference between doing it in a 30 foot sailboat and something like a 70 foot Hylas or 100+ foot ocean cruiser. For the money we are talking about here, the later are options to you.

This is why I'm so pissed that I wasn't considered for the FSU job. Just give me a year. Didn't even need a big buyout. Even I could do better than Taggart did. I'd just hire everyone posting on the board here to be assistants. You pay me 100,000$ bimonthly and I'll wear whatever jersey or shirt you want me to wear. Well short of tennessee. I'd rather starve than take a job there.
I wish they’d pay me to take the f$u job. I’d make sure they got back to where they belong... I’d also like to officiate one f$u game. Just one. It would last for days, and they wouldn’t have a roster to field for their next game after all the suspensions

I wish they’d pay me to take the f$u job. I’d make sure they got back to where they belong... I’d also like to officiate one f$u game. Just one. It would last for days, and they wouldn’t have a roster to field for their next game after all the suspensions

Lol i love how much we own u

There are those who just enjoy a good rivalry and some jabs along the way (hell, the majority of my Florida pals are Gators), but then there are those who behave as though their rival's team ran a train on their mom. Sad, isn't it?

I get the rivalry part.... Hating someone becuz they cheer for another team...... I mean.... Some people have better lives than others i guess.

Taggart went 9-12 as FSU’s head coach and was fired Nov. 3, a day after losing to rival Miami. He’s owed roughly $18 million in a buyout from FSU, though some of that is offset from his deal with FAU.

The Owls are paying Taggart $750,000 per year, and FSU will save roughly $3 million over four years from the $18 million buyout, according to multiple reports.

I get the rivalry part.... Hating someone becuz they cheer for another team...... I mean.... Some people have better lives than others i guess.
You don't know too many Tennessee fans I see. Hating them is the only sane and sensible thing you can humanely do with them.

Taggart went 9-12 as FSU’s head coach and was fired Nov. 3, a day after losing to rival Miami. He’s owed roughly $18 million in a buyout from FSU, though some of that is offset from his deal with FAU.

The Owls are paying Taggart $750,000 per year, and FSU will save roughly $3 million over four years from the $18 million buyout, according to multiple reports.
3 million is enough for a new offensive line!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT