ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland/Wells arrested

Every time something like this happens,
It really makes sadgator ashamed that his emotional happiness and well-being is so closely linked to the actions of coddled and entitled 18 year old men.
And it seem to happen primarily with football players. Maybe that is not a surprise, given there are 85 scholarship players on football, only 25 or so in baseball and only 13 in basketball.

But damn, the football players do get into trouble a lot

I think the UPD should have just charged the criminal mischief charge at most (the misdemeanor level one) and left it up to the State if they wanted to add that missile charge in there and upgrade the criminal mischief charge to a felony since it was a BB gun. Just estimate the damages at just under a grand and let the State sort it out. That missile charge is a 2nd degree felony the same as DUI manslaughter. I doubt the legislature thought teenagers would be getting charged with that for shooting a BB gun when they wrote it..

I wish our cops were a little more like some other UPD cops when it came to stuff like BB guns.

I'd imagine it was a buddy that they were "chasing and shooting at" and that they were all screwing around having a bb gun war.

That is most likely if there is no one in the report telling the cops he was being assaulted by them. I still can't believe they charged them with the same level of a crime as DUI manslaughter whether the law allows it or not technically. I know if I was a parent I would be so pissed right now and not just at my stupid kid because that charge never disappears even when the state reduces it in a plea deal or dismisses it. Try getting a decent job now with that felony arrest showing.

Suspend them for 1 baseball game

Winston actually got suspended for 3 baseball games for stealing 30 bucks worth of crabs legs. People got pissed because he was suspended from baseball and not football. Can you imagine if Mike Martin had NOT suspended him?? Imagine the backlash on that.

Winston actually got suspended for 3 baseball games for stealing 30 bucks worth of crabs legs. People got pissed because he was suspended from baseball and not football. Can you imagine if Mike Martin had NOT suspended him?? Imagine the backlash on that.
Some conveniently forget he was on the baseball team and it happened during baseball season...

To completely hijack this thread, Winston was a beast on the mound.

You people get upset about this?

Go back to when you were 18-22 and imagine if there were video cameras everywhere and less forgiving law officers.

Lol get a grip moral police.

And seriously. Why am I not surprised that the all knowing paco brought up Winston.

NOBODY CARES

You people get upset about this?

Go back to when you were 18-22 and imagine if there were video cameras everywhere and less forgiving law officers.

Lol get a grip moral police.

And seriously. Why am I not surprised that the all knowing paco brought up Winston.

NOBODY CARES

They both deserve the chair.

See Paco from post #12. I know these are crazy times but a BB gun felony where there's no people hurt? Are there details that aren't publicly known yet ..... a felony seems harsh.?
And you are not aware of the rules either. Shocking.

It's a freakin BB gun. Nothing should come of this. One game suspension as protocol and hopefully they learn from it.
:)

Yeah, everyone should do it the way of f$u, perhaps they should run a few stairs or miss the opening kick-off.

Better yet why don't they just sweep it under the rug

GO Canes!

Last edited:
I still think they should just get suspended for 1 baseball game or maybe 1 basketball game. Something like that would be fine.

:)

Yeah, everyone should do it the way of f$u, perhaps they should run a few stairs or miss the opening kick-off.

Better yet why don't they just sweep in under the rug

GO Canes!

You are forbidden from posting here until UM is relevant again. Which is never, of course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT