ADVERTISEMENT

Cincy is #3? Explain that to me?

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
They beat two teams with losing records, Notre Dame, another 2-3 team and a 3-3 team. Notre Dame as we are seeing ain’t all that. The rankings are so screwed you have to have a committee.

Reactions: Gator Fever
They beat two teams with losing records, Notre Dame, another 2-3 team and a 3-3 team. Notre Dame as we are seeing ain’t all that. The rankings are so screwed you have to have a committee.

Well in fairness the #6 team in the country even has a loss and has beaten 2 teams with a losing record, a 3-3 team and has a 4-2 Maryland as their best win.

• Sad
Reactions: gatordad3
This year seems like one of those years where there are no true super teams that stand clearly above all the others, like we have had with the great Bama, Clemson, LSU and Ohio State teams. Georgia seems like the best of the bunch, but they don't seem unbeatable. Oklahoma is very good, but QB issues and weak defense. Iowa is solid, but QB is average and they play very vanilla. Nobody in the Pac 12 or ACC is a true contender. It may come down to Georgia, Bama and Ohio State, as they do have the most elite players, those most likely to be in the NFL.

Reactions: martycat1
I agree with you. Notre Dame is also so overrated.

It's October. Let the process happen.

Cincy is a good team. You do the same thing you did with records anyone in the top 5. I think everyone is beatable this yr.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Cin 49-14 Miami OH -35
Cin 42 - 7 MurraySt -35
Cin 38 - 24 Ind -14
Cin 24 - 13 @ #9 ND -11 (NL with mostly a Wus SoS, but they are 5-1)
Cin 52 - 3 Temple -49
Whoopin-Azz
=====
They next have UCF at Noon on ABC
Navy
Tulsa
USF
#23 SMU
ECa
AAC-C

IF they go undefeated and AAC-C's, then I'd prolly put them in the CFP.

gatorslimmy, IF the Gators won out at 10-2, would you put them in ahead of Cincy? Jus-askin'

You didn’t ask me but if win beat UGLY and win out and UGLY beats UK and bama then I put us in.

You didn’t ask me but if win beat UGLY and win out and UGLY beats UK and bama then I put us in.
NIC, a lot of other teams would need to collapse, along with UF being dominate the rest of the way, for me to put the Gators in the CFP this year, but that's just me...

I haven't watched a Cincy game this season, so I have no real idea how good they are, or how bad...

I doubt they would do that and they better not try putting a 2 loss Georgia team in if they lose to us and then Bama who has a loss now. I wouldn't put it past the ESPN talking heads to push that just like they did when Georgia had 2 losses that one year. It would be basically saying the non-power 5s are shut out even if ND ends up being a good win for Cincy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT