ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly to the Bucs getting traction

Just what the Bucs need....4th change in coaches since '09 and another in the long list of HC on the payroll...

Originally posted by djegators:
Just what the Bucs need....4th change in coaches since '09 and another in the long list of HC on the payroll...
He's well worth it. He'd draft Mariota and then you'd have him throwing to Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, and running it with Doug Martin. They'd instantly be one of the best offenses in the league.

Originally posted by oozie7:
He's well worth it. He'd draft Mariota and then you'd have him throwing to Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, and running it with Doug Martin. They'd instantly be one of the best offenses in the league.
I think the Glazers still have confidence in Lovie, and while they are not afraid to spend money to win, they do have their limits....

Not to mention any feelings they may have for Kelly after they thought they had a deal with him before.
This post was edited on 1/2 4:18 PM by djegators

Chip Kelly never coached with Saban, that is strikes 1 2 and 3 for UF head coaching searches

roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by GSMBrefugee:
Chip Kelly never coached with Saban, that is strikes 1 2 and 3 for UF head coaching searches

The Bucs would set the record for the most head coaches still on the payroll at one time.

The Bucs are looking for an offensive coordinator. They still have Lovie but he knows they need an OC. Lovie is a good DC, learning under Tony Dungy and Daddy Kiffin (whom I respect more than a lot of folks). Tampa has never had a great offensive even though they had great offensive players. The problem with TB is the OLine, period. They cost a lot of games this year and didn't give McClown anytime to do much but again even if McClown had time he would have thrown it away or thrown it to the opponent. He is a really scared person on the field.

I guess numbers and I are the only Bears fans here.

Trust me. An OC isn't going to fix the cesspool that is a Lovie Smith coached team.

Cess pool? That's a wee bit of hyperbole...he certainly does rank as a top coach in my opinion but he did win his division three times and go to a Super Bowl. If he learns from what got him fired, and improves, he has a chance to do well in Tampa....I just really don't want him to take jamie!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT