ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Strong back to UF...

Offenses have changed a lot since then. They eat up that soft zone.
Huh? Soft zone? What are you talking about? Strong played played tons of man to man defense when he was the DC during the Meyer years. I’m not sure the offenses are that much different than what Oklahoma ran with Sam Bradford in 2008. Kevin Wilson was the OC for that 2008 OU offense. Wilson is now the OC at Ohio State University.

Huh? Soft zone? What are you talking about? Strong played played tons of man to man defense when he was the DC during the Meyer years. I’m not sure the offenses are that much different than what Oklahoma ran with Sam Bradford in 2008. Kevin Wilson was the OC for that 2008 OU offense. Wilson is now the OC at Ohio State University.

Right. Why do I remember all the plays made downfield with guys draped all over receivers?

Strong is a proven DC. Good dude. Met him in Orlando. Either way he's going to analyze things, who can you hire that's better? Can't believe this is even a question!

Charlie Strong is a good man and an excellent coach who will be a quality addition to the Gator staff. And if Grantham decides at some point to leave the program for a better opportunity we have a DC in waiting. And Kerwin Bell is finally where he needs to be - helping the UF football program as a QB mentor and assistant to Mullen on the offense. Good gets if they come about.

Charlie Strong is a good man and an excellent coach who will be a quality addition to the Gator staff. And if Grantham decides at some point to leave the program for a better opportunity we have a DC in waiting. And Kerwin Bell is finally where he needs to be - helping the UF football program as a QB mentor and assistant to Mullen on the offense. Good gets if they come about.

Saban does this all the time, bring in guys that you aren't positive would be a good fit at a higher level, so let them prove themselves as analysts, then elevate if they work out. There's really no downside for the coach or program.

Would Strong would out better than Grantham as DC? Hard to tell, so bring Strong in as an analyst, let him work with the coaches and players and that will give Mullen a much better idea if he would make a good fit as DC down the road. Smart call for Mullen on both Strong and Bell. Sorry, @Gator Fever.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Mullen and Strong have worked together before. They know each other very well. They were our coordinators for the 2006 & 2008 national title teams.

Reactions: GatorNation79
I couldnt find my other thread of him leaving but reports are hes still headed to Bama. Is this something where mullen could offer more money?

I couldnt find my other thread of him leaving but reports are hes still headed to Bama. Is this something where mullen could offer more money?

I doubt it's about $$ - that type of position is more about all other things, career goals etc. I'd love to have Strong back but his personal agenda might be better elsewhere depending on where he sees himself.

Because I deleted it!! Strong hasn’t been hired by UF or anybody at this time. There hasn’t been an anything officially released by UF.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Because I deleted it!! Strong hasn’t been hired by UF or anybody at this time. There hasn’t been an anything officially released by UF.

Oh lol pretty sure hes leaving. Bama board feels confident and why would he "visit" for a few days if he wasnt going. I mean, i didnt expect him to be an off the field assistant for long, hes too good

Oh lol pretty sure hes leaving. Bama board feels confident and why would he "visit" for a few days if he wasnt going. I mean, i didnt expect him to be an off the field assistant for long, hes too good

Good pickup for them.

When was he hired by UF?

You aren't very good at reading the news, are you?

I know 2 things to be true

1. Charlie Strong was headed to UF to join Mullen as an analyst or at least there was a very strong indication of it. . Whether or not he was officially signed, doesnt matter, he was coming.

2. Then he was offered by Bama and visited there and decided to go to bama. The reasons im not sure.

Hell this happened to us this yr, we hired a db coach from Marshal named Treir(sp?), he was nvr officially signed but he was in tally and his former employer thanked him and said good luck at fsu. He was here probably 5 days until some other college offered him a db job. Then the Nfl offered him and he left for the NFL. Point being, analyst move around A LOT, its not a negative if charlie Strong doesnt stay on as an analyst, i personally think he should be a head coach or at the very least a DC. Hes an excellent coach and i thought it was weird that he is goi g to be an analyst anyway

Whether he was officially hired, or he was coming to discuss the details of a job offer.......neither are shameful positions if he decided to go to alabama, of all places.

I mean, it's not like hes rejecting UF to go take an analyst job offer at UCF or something.

Frankly, I hope for the best for him and it would have been cool to have him back. Beyond that? who cares.

I know 2 things to be true

1. Charlie Strong was headed to UF to join Mullen as an analyst or at least there was a very strong indication of it. . Whether or not he was officially signed, doesnt matter, he was coming.

2. Then he was offered by Bama and visited there and decided to go to bama. The reasons im not sure.

Hell this happened to us this yr, we hired a db coach from Marshal named Treir(sp?), he was nvr officially signed but he was in tally and his former employer thanked him and said good luck at fsu. He was here probably 5 days until some other college offered him a db job. Then the Nfl offered him and he left for the NFL. Point being, analyst move around A LOT, its not a negative if charlie Strong doesnt stay on as an analyst, i personally think he should be a head coach or at the very least a DC. Hes an excellent coach and i thought it was weird that he is goi g to be an analyst anyway

Correct - which is also true with probably 15-20 other coaches at every school in the country. It's not that big of a deal - that's how these things work. I really just don't know the point you are making nor why you care.

Reactions: fsu939913
U guys said he was hired.... Or had agreed to come to UF and praised Dan for this. There was also another coach as well.
I think we said that was the rumor, etc. Yes just like Kerwin Bell. All rumors. Nothing was official and it certainly isn’t official until the school or Dan Mullen announces it. Even Bell to UF hasn’t been made official and it may not either. Even Tim Brewster hasn’t been officially announced yet.

Even Tim Brewster hasn’t been officially announced yet.

Paco,

I'm sure you are right about their being no Tim Brewster announcement, but there are these strange stories on Rivals -

Florida's Tim Brewster delivers offer to Texas-based 2022 TE

https://florida.rivals.com/news/florida-s-tim-brewster-delivers-offer-to-texas-based-2022-te

"...Last week, new Florida Gators tight ends coach Tim Brewster sent out his first offers including a few to out of state prospects.

2022 tight end Trent McGaughey (6-3, 224, Pearland, TX. Shadow Creek) was one of those guys offered by Brewster and he has a relationship with the tight ends coach.

“Coach [Tim] Brewster offered me the scholarship,” McGaughey said of which coach from Florida offered him. “We started our relationship last year when I was a freshman when he was at North Carolina. Right before he left for the Florida job, he offered me at North Carolina.”
https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/mcgaughey-honored-to-be-offered-by-the-florida-gators/

Big-Time 2021 TE makes contact with Tim Brewster, will visit next month

https://florida.forums.rivals.com/t...ct-with-brewster-will-visit-next-month.88586/

Hopefully he is visiting UF & the Swamp ! LOL

Last edited:
I think we said that was the rumor, etc. Yes just like Kerwin Bell. All rumors. Nothing was official and it certainly isn’t official until the school or Dan Mullen announces it. Even Bell to UF hasn’t been made official and it may not either. Even Tim Brewster hasn’t been officially announced yet.

Yes but u and i both know things are done WAY before an "official" signing.

Made my day.Please continue fellas.

Of course it did....little brother always lives through the going ons, positive or negative, of the more confident older brother.

I expect no less. Please continue.

P.S it makes my day to see uga posters with less than 20 posts demonstrating how uf is all up in your heads. Lolz

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu939913
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT