ADVERTISEMENT

CARLOS DEL RIO Florida QB Commit Interview

Elite 11 final set is to take place on June, 29th through July 1st. 4-Star QB and Loganville (Ga.) product, Carlos Del Rio will lead the way for the Gators.

But here's the twist:
The Gators will also be represented by 2021 Gators baseball commit, OF Jay Allen. Allen is currently slated to play baseball at Florida, not football, however, he will show off his arm at the Elite 11 competition anyways. Allen and Del Rio both earned their stripes after participating at the Elite 11 regional's, gaining a "golden ticket" to the finals.

Note: Current Gator QB Elite 11 participants include:
Emory Jones rsSo - Anthony Richardson Fr - Carlos Del Rio HS

QB Jalen Kitna is not in Elite-11, but then neither was starter Kyle Trask.... ;)

QB-dt Carlos Del Rio 6-3 205 - 2021 Class Gator commit
He began the Elite-11 Finals ranked at #15/20.
After the 1st day, he moved up to #10/20.
Day 2, based on a composite grading score. Del Rio was also SIAA's #1 performer in the pro day workout, posting an event-leading 12 "money" throws.
>>> He finished the competition ranked at #5/20.

Camp coaches and counselors were also impressed by Del Rio's consistently good performance during the week. Former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer and highly-respected quarterback trainer Quincy Avery heaped praise for the 6-3, 205 lb. signal-caller after the event wrapped up, noting that his fit at Florida is ideal.

"I've had an opportunity to see Carlos a lot over the last couple months," noted Avery. "Carlos is tremendously talented, I think the arm strength he displayed this week was off-the-charts."

"I think it's a great fit," Avery said of Del Rio's future with the Gators. "He gets to be in a quarterback room with Emory [Jones], [quarterbacks] coach [Brian] Johnson, and the rest of those guys so he's going to get developed by one of the best offensive coaches and one of the best quarterback coaches around. Any time you can get somebody that athletic in your program, that athletic with the ability to pass the way that he can, you're going to be put in a good position."

==========

So, how about a 2nd opinion, this one from Dawg's Daily... o_O

1. Carlos Del Rio 6-3 205 - Loganville (Ga.) Grayson

On Day 1, Del Rio looked better than I've ever seen him look.

On Day 2, despite how Elite 11 scored the pro day, SI All-American scored him higher than any other quarterback.

On Day 3, he finished 2nd in the accuracy gauntlet.

It was a three-day display from Del Rio, and that is why he's taking home our No. 1 spot. :eek:

>>> Note: UF's other Elite 11 QB - Jay Allen finished at 20/20, but then he's a baseball CF commit to coach O'Sullivan, not a football commit. ;)

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/elite-11-finals-final-qb-florida-football-del-rio

QB-dt Carlos Del Rio 6-3 205 - 2021 Class Gator commit
He began the Elite-11 Finals ranked at #15/20.
After the 1st day, he moved up to #10/20.
Day 2, based on a composite grading score. Del Rio was also SIAA's #1 performer in the pro day workout, posting an event-leading 12 "money" throws.
>>> He finished the competition ranked at #5/20.

Camp coaches and counselors were also impressed by Del Rio's consistently good performance during the week. Former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer and highly-respected quarterback trainer Quincy Avery heaped praise for the 6-3, 205 lb. signal-caller after the event wrapped up, noting that his fit at Florida is ideal.

"I've had an opportunity to see Carlos a lot over the last couple months," noted Avery. "Carlos is tremendously talented, I think the arm strength he displayed this week was off-the-charts."

"I think it's a great fit," Avery said of Del Rio's future with the Gators. "He gets to be in a quarterback room with Emory [Jones], [quarterbacks] coach [Brian] Johnson, and the rest of those guys so he's going to get developed by one of the best offensive coaches and one of the best quarterback coaches around. Any time you can get somebody that athletic in your program, that athletic with the ability to pass the way that he can, you're going to be put in a good position."

==========

So, how about a 2nd opinion, this one from Dawg's Daily... o_O

1. Carlos Del Rio 6-3 205 - Loganville (Ga.) Grayson

On Day 1, Del Rio looked better than I've ever seen him look.

On Day 2, despite how Elite 11 scored the pro day, SI All-American scored him higher than any other quarterback.

On Day 3, he finished 2nd in the accuracy gauntlet.

It was a three-day display from Del Rio, and that is why he's taking home our No. 1 spot. :eek:

>>> Note: UF's other Elite 11 QB - Jay Allen finished at 20/20, but then he's a baseball CF commit to coach O'Sullivan, not a football commit. ;)

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/elite-11-finals-final-qb-florida-football-del-rio

he’s going to be at least as “great” as your last DelRio

he’s going to be at least as “great” as your last DelRio

Well, either he will do great and win us a ton of games, or one of the other talented guys we have and are recruiting will be trained by one of the top QB coaches in America and win us a ton of games.

Either way, expect your team to continue it's losing ways against UF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT