ADVERTISEMENT

Can we beat Ole Miss?

Danny, I don't have a problem with it, but be rational and think how far you've come in four years.

200_s.gif

This is my point as well.

I realize Vandy was a flat game for them. I do. But 11 points in Oxford? Vandy is NOT GOOD this year. They lost to Western Kentucky in Nashville.

We need to tackle. We can't do what we did against UT. But the coaches addressed this, so I expect to see a lot of improvement. We seem to be schematically sound, just need to wrap up. Our DL is going to get pressure on their QB, and he will put it up for grabs. We feast on that. Our strength is pass defense, UT refused to throw the ball. Ole Miss will throw it. My point is, we match up well. We will be in this, and if we play our game, we can win it.

Everybody is calling for a big Ole Miss victory, just like everybody was calling for a big Florida victory in 2008. Remember what happened there?

Of course, all the above is null and void if half the team is puking their guts out in the sideline.
Don't forget that we turned the ball over 5 times in that game...so yeah if we get 5 TO's then we win. We don't need that many to win...we just need to do what you said, get a couple of turnovers and not turn it over ourselves...if we do that then it's our game ftw.

Danny, I don't have a problem with it, but be rational and think how far you've come in four years.

200_s.gif

I quit the night I was handshaked a G for Free by my gapped toothed negro Will the Thrill in Birmingham. Nobody else would do it so I ended up snorting the whole thing in 30 minutes off the back of a toilet lid.

Oh...those were the days.

If there's nothing about Ole Miss that scares you then you're going to be in for a shock Saturday night. That's got nothing to do with them beating Bama. They have NFL first round draft picks all over the field, and they are expertly coached. Their receivers are the best we will see all year and it's not even close and Nkemdiche may be the best defensive player in the country.
I'm not saying the Gators can't win, I think we got a shot. I am saying Ole Miss is good, and in a position by position breakdown they have a significant advantage.

Do you now see WHY there was nothing about Ole Miss that scared me?

Ha! Yeah sure. They were only averaging 55 points a game.

I said it before the game, and I meant it. I watched the Bama game, and they rolled Ole Miss up and down the field. 5 TO's and a damn lucky bounce gave them the win. Sometimes you roll snake eyes, and Bammer rolled snake eyes that game. Didn't mean Ole Miss was all that. I could see it, why couldn't you?

I said it before the game, and I meant it. I watched the Bama game, and they rolled Ole Miss up and down the field. 5 TO's and a damn lucky bounce gave them the win. Sometimes you roll snake eyes, and Bammer rolled snake eyes that game. Didn't mean Ole Miss was all that. I could see it, why couldn't you?
Because while I know they probably won because of the turnovers, they still were able to convert them into points. They had very little trouble moving the ball against Bama. That means something. Ask Georgia. And they built up big leads and relaxed two or three times in that game and let Bama ckme back. But each time they got stops when they needed them.
I understand that you were confident. Turns out you were right, we matched up well. But I still say Ole Miss is a very good team that has a roster full of playmakers and you're underestimating them. The rest of the season will reveal the truth I guess

Because while I know they probably won because of the turnovers, they still were able to convert them into points. They had very little trouble moving the ball against Bama. That means something. Ask Georgia. And they built up big leads and relaxed two or three times in that game and let Bama ckme back. But each time they got stops when they needed them.
I understand that you were confident. Turns out you were right, we matched up well. But I still say Ole Miss is a very good team that has a roster full of playmakers and you're underestimating them. The rest of the season will reveal the truth I guess

I said the same thing about Ole Miss as did LG. You are spot on with you last sentence. I'm guessing that they have at least two more losses in them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT