ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl game projections...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
I saw a couple of places where if WV ends up the loser in the Big 12 Championship game that the Peach Bowl could be them vs. the Gators.

That would be an interesting storyline but I think it would be a very bad matchup for us with our secondary right now.

I actually like the possible OSU and WV matchups as far as selling the bowl game but don't think either outcome would be good. Watch us get stuck playing Michigan again if they lose to OSU.

There is not one bowl “projection” for Florida sadgator has seen yet that he hasn’t thought would suck...

The bowl “season” is terrible...

The playoffs water down the quality of all other bowls. I've said all along that the old bowl system was much better. No, it didn't settle the issue of who was #1 as much, but that was the fun of it, every major bowl game mattered and was critical to determining who was #1.

Now, it's the playoffs and the rest are meaningless except for the fans of the teams playing in each bowl game.

When we take it to 8 it will be fixed.

We heard the same thing about taking it to 4.

First time there is an undefeated #9 team that gets left out, media will glom onto it, and the "When we take it to 16 it will be fixed" narrative will be born.

It will never be big enough. Get it to 16 and eventually you'll hear the "Well let's get it to 64 teams, if basketball can do it, we can too!"

The playoffs water down the quality of all other bowls. I've said all along that the old bowl system was much better. No, it didn't settle the issue of who was #1 as much, but that was the fun of it, every major bowl game mattered and was critical to determining who was #1.

Now, it's the playoffs and the rest are meaningless except for the fans of the teams playing in each bowl game.

I also liked the bowl system. The pre-BCS one. The matchups ended up being more interesting with the conference tie ins. The current system seems like it should be better but for some reason it just doesn’t interest me that much. I also used to love all the games on Jan. 1. Doesn’t get better than channel surfing through 4 games at a time.

I also liked the bowl system. The pre-BCS one. The matchups ended up being more interesting with the conference tie ins. The current system seems like it should be better but for some reason it just doesn’t interest me that much. I also used to love all the games on Jan. 1. Doesn’t get better than channel surfing through 4 games at a time.

Exactly, especially when all 4 games potentially have a bearing on where your team ends up ranked.

If your team wins on NYD, suddenly you are watching every other game just to see if the wins/losses break perfectly for your team to go up as high as possible in the rankings.

^This

Fine by me. I want a bowl game matchup we can win. Would only help the perception of the program.

How many times do we have to play Iowa in the Outback Bowl in the last 15 years?

Though ironically, that's the bowl and the team Meyer and Mullen played against in their first year.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
How many times do we have to play Iowa in the Outback Bowl in the last 15 years?

Though ironically, that's the bowl and the team Meyer and Mullen played against in their first year.

Get it 100% but at this point I just want a favorable matchup.

With Franks at QB, UCF would be a 50/50 game for UF, depending on which Franks showed up.

With Trask and Jones, I think they take them to the woodshed. :cool:
Is UCF better than LSU?
Do they have a better defense than UGA or MsSt?

I think that Vandy could give UCF all they wanted.
VU 14 - 22 @ ND

Iowa fans are dreaming sweet dreams of the pinnacle for their program...

Outback-Steakhouse-Free-Bloomin-Onion-Deal-696x364.jpg

Reactions: PacoGator19
With Franks at QB, UCF would be a 50/50 game for UF, depending on which Franks showed up.

With Trask and Jones, I think they take them to the woodshed. :cool:
Is UCF better than LSU?
Do they have a better defense than UGA or MsSt?

I think that Vandy could give UCF all they wanted.
VU 14 - 22 @ ND

UCF whipped the team that beat both of the CFP championship game teams last season.

SMU lost to UCF 20-48. It was SMU and Navy in the 31-30 OT.

Thanks for the correction TG. I was flipping back and forth between sites and confused the teams. That said, the point remains. UCF plays a total 'patsy' opponent schedule.
5-5 SMU and 2-7 Navy...

Currently ranked AP #19 Cincy (#24 CFP) is their ONLY ranked opponent on their entire schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
College Football Postseason Predictions

Cotton Bowl, Dec. 29: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Michigan

Orange Bowl, Dec. 29: No. 2 Clemson vs. No. 3 Notre Dame

Other New Year's Six Predictions

Peach Bowl, Dec. 29: No. 13 Florida vs. No. 11 UCF

Fiesta Bowl, Jan. 1: No. 5 Georgia vs. No. 15 Texas

Rose Bowl, Jan. 1: No. 8 Washington State vs. No. 10 Ohio State

Sugar Bowl, Jan. 1: No. 6 Oklahoma vs. No. 7 LSU
--------------------------------------------

Looking more and more like we will get stuck playing UCF if neither of us are upset before bowl selections.

I doubt they would send us out to the Fiesta Bowl if they can get us matched up with UCF in the closer Peach Bowl. I disagree with the above however and think Georgia would get the Sugar Bowl nod over LSU.

I think the Fiesta would be LSU against whoever the other team is left besides UCF for the at large bid. How the Big 12 plays out will affect this a lot as Texas isn't getting in unless they win the Big 12 championship game.

Mullen is going to throw everything g he’s got into this game.
This is the most important game of the year, with the most riding on it.

It’ll be a game for 2 maybe 2.5 quarters, but with that OL.... there’s only so much you can do against an elite front line.

Gators by 14

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT