ADVERTISEMENT

Board of Trustees to meet this morning.

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Sounds like the end may be very near for Billy Napier. Nice guy ( Gonna be a rich guy with his 26.7 Million Dollar buyout ) but, he can’t coach worth a lick at this level. But, Mike Norvell shows you that you can be a Hero one day and a Goat the next.

It appears Billy Napier’s time as the head coach of the Florida Gators is coming to an end.

After Florida’s embarrassing 33-20 defeat to Texas A&M on Saturday — a game in which loud audible “fire Billy” chants could be heard in the second quarter — it seems fans are going to get their wish.

On3 reported that the University of Florida Board of Trustees has called a meeting for Sunday morning, and that coupled with the fact that Florida boosters have come up with the money to pay Napier’s buyout according to Matt Hayes of USA Today, could mean the 45-year-old coach might be looking for a new job as early as Sunday afternoon.

If they are meeting he must be getting fired by Monday. What does Fuchs do about the AD as he cant be allowed to make this hire. I hope the big money boosters make sure Stricklin cant make this hiring decision at all costs even if he somehow survives.

Reactions: NavigatorII
They need to fire the AD while they are at it..If not I will see you guys in another 3-4 years for another buyout.
That’s actually Step 1 in this entire process. I would have to imagine firing Stricklin is pretty easy from a financial perspective. Getting the right guy to take his place is the more challenging part.

I guess an alternative scenario is Stricklin fired Napier, knowing that he’s essentially next out the door. Then an interim coach is named while the search for the permanent AD takes place shortly Stricklin is canned.

It’s a mess no matter how it goes down.

They’re putting Billy on double secret probation.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT