ADVERTISEMENT

Football Biggest surprises from the depth chart release?

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018
First off, I know it's just a depth chart and things can change. Also, Florida does a good job of rotating its players and providing playing time, but at the same time, I still came away surprised by some of the moves.

I thought the starting linebackers were going going to be Diabate and Miller, rather than Miller and Burney.

As the 2020 season went on, Burney received less and less playing time as Diabate's reps increased. Maybe that is how it plays out this year. Burney is one of the nicest kids on the team and someone I covered and interviewed dating back to his sophomore year of HS. I'm definitely happy for him but surprised at the same time. He is an upperclassman though, and UF values that.

People were also asking me about Diwun Black. I'm not too surprised, especially since it's just a two-deep. He is a versatile kid but still getting acclimated.

I'm a huge Bogle fan and I think he has a very bright future, but I'm excited to see Moon healthy. We all expected Cox to be at the No. 1 spot, so that is a very impressive trio to rely on at BUCK. Not many surprises there at all.

The only other one for me is Nay'Quan Wright. I was told he had a great offseason and impressed in the scrimmage as well. He is the No. 3 option behind Pierce and Davis.

If Malik can hold onto the ball and utilize his explosiveness in the open field, maybe he returns to his form from a few seasons ago. It will be fun to see how it all plays out, but I think Greg Knox is ready to play the majority of that RB room.

What about you guys? What were your biggest takeaways/surprises from the depth chart release?

- CB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News