ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest change at FSU?

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
OL allowed ZERO SACKS and with his mobility that makes J.T. dangerous. Plus the WR core is good especially the MSU transfer and the Stork Wilson.

Our class which is #3 right now has 4 O.L.’s ALL 3 Stars. Gotta get quality Beef if you want to win the big games.

FSU has a one game schedule now.

He's in his 4th year and we want to fire our coach after 13 games. I think I'm starting to see the issue lol.
Sometimes you just know...we knew pretty quickly with Captain Turnover Purse, Willie Taggart we were screwed. Hell, Paco tried telling us over and over how disorganized he was and it was going to be a dumpster fire.

Mike's hire was different and I don't hold 2020 against him at all. Jimbo handed Willie a dung pile and all Willie did with it was take it to class to get their grades up. He never recruited a QB and had no clue what he was doing behind the wheel. Mike lucked out having J-Trav in the cupboard.

The good news is, with the terrible WT hire, we had no choice but to stick with Norvel. Seems like it's paying off and my prediction for a 10-2 season is highly likely. What I don't want to see is LSU turn in a 6-6 season going forward.

Reactions: passoverGator
OL allowed ZERO SACKS and with his mobility that makes J.T. dangerous. Plus the WR core is good especially the MSU transfer and the Stork Wilson.

Our class which is #3 right now has 4 O.L.’s ALL 3 Stars. Gotta get quality Beef if you want to win the big games.

Yep their O line played pretty good and they have a QB that can slip blitzers/pressure roll out and scan the field for a target or run pretty good if needed.

LSU had their way with the noles in first half with nearly 300 yards. FSU made some really good halftime adjustments and dominated the 2nd half. LSU looked tired when the 4th started. Nole OL and DL looked very good, their secondary is suspect but not sure anyone left on their schedule can take advantage of that.

LSU had their way with the noles in first half with nearly 300 yards. FSU made some really good halftime adjustments and dominated the 2nd half. LSU looked tired when the 4th started. Nole OL and DL looked very good, their secondary is suspect but not sure anyone left on their schedule can take advantage of that.
It also didn't help with the questionable calls, like that first roughing the passer. We had 6 huge penalties that kept LSU driving while they had zero. No holding calls, the delay of game that wasn't called (which turned out to be a good thing--burned a down) and a horse collar to name a few. Not all the calls (against us) were bad, but there were a few for certain. That said, our D still came up clutch in the red zone and on all those 4th down attempts. I agree the secondary still has question marks, losing Jamie Robinson showed last night.

It also didn't help with the questionable calls, like that first roughing the passer. We had 6 huge penalties that kept LSU driving while they had zero. No holding calls, the delay of game that wasn't called (which turned out to be a good thing--burned a down) and a horse collar to name a few. Not all the calls (against us) were bad, but there were a few for certain. That said, our D still came up clutch in the red zone and on all those 4th down attempts. I agree the secondary still has question marks, losing Jamie Robinson showed last night.
LSU did get a couple of breaks with some calls, noles had some drops, but lsu had some drops too. One was a sure TD and the other drop would've had them inside the 10. Noles were better last night. They killed lsu across both lines.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
LSU did get a couple of breaks with some calls, noles had some drops, but lsu had some drops too. One was a sure TD and the other drop would've had them inside the 10. Noles were better last night. They killed lsu across both lines.
Daniel's had some wild throws too...he looked better on the ground than through the air for sure.

Sometimes you just know...we knew pretty quickly with Captain Turnover Purse, Willie Taggart we were screwed. Hell, Paco tried telling us over and over how disorganized he was and it was going to be a dumpster fire.

Mike's hire was different and I don't hold 2020 against him at all. Jimbo handed Willie a dung pile and all Willie did with it was take it to class to get their grades up. He never recruited a QB and had no clue what he was doing behind the wheel. Mike lucked out having J-Trav in the cupboard.

The good news is, with the terrible WT hire, we had no choice but to stick with Norvel. Seems like it's paying off and my prediction for a 10-2 season is highly likely. What I don't want to see is LSU turn in a 6-6 season going forward.
All I'm going for is some more data before throwing the current bum out lol. I've already stated my disappointment in the game and the bullet points of my own concern. If that keeps up all season then we may need a new coach.

But it's insufferable the current cast of fans online that are out there. There's plenty to rightfully complain about objectively and still wait till year's end before the end of the world lol. I mean - most here thought 7-5 maybe 8-4. Let's see how at least 1/2 the season plays out geez.

Agreed the o line is much better. JT is in his 4th yr starting, Bell, Wilson, Keon, and Benson.... all transfers.... all will be draft picks. Crazy how good Notvell is in the portal.

Also, developing Jordan Travis over the years, he's consistently gotten better each yr.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Clemson didn't help FSU last night. FSU with that schedule may have to go undefeated to get in the playoff.

Clemson didn't help FSU last night. FSU with that schedule may have to go undefeated to get in the playoff.

Duke is actually pretty good for the first time since 2013 when we played them in the ACC championship. People disregard them because they are Duke but transfers have really helped them.

Agreed though, we needed those losers to be undefeated. Now it looks like we will have to play UNC in the ACC championship who I think is a worse matchup for us than Clemson.

With all of that said, Clemson isn't the Clemson from the past 10 yrs. I think they will probably win 9 or 10 this yr, not 11 or 12.

Dukes OC was Norvells OC at Memphis

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
No, but Duke did. Is Duke the 2nd best team in the ACC?

Confused Bugs Bunny GIF by Looney Tunes

There's a lot of season left.

Duke is actually pretty good for the first time since 2013 when we played them in the ACC championship. People disregard them because they are Duke but transfers have really helped them.

Agreed though, we needed those losers to be undefeated. Now it looks like we will have to play UNC in the ACC championship who I think is a worse matchup for us than Clemson.

With all of that said, Clemson isn't the Clemson from the past 10 yrs. I think they will probably win 9 or 10 this yr, not 11 or 12.

Dukes OC was Norvells OC at Memphis
Clemson has been eroding away for a few years now.

Reactions: seffnergator
Duke is better and Clemson not as good. Noles don't have a big A on their uniform so they may have to go unbeaten to make it. They need LSU to have a good run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT