ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Inflation Reduction Act Betrayal (words by Joe Manchin in WSJ editorial)

This should have been the default position after Reagan got hoodwinked on illegal immigration. There needs to be triggers. A only happens if and only if and when B happens. They can pass A first. Then they can debate B. Only if B passes as well then should A be allowed to occur. Or A and B can be in the same bill but B must happen before A.

If fact maybe A says that the swing senator or the president must confirm his conditions have been met in writing before A can go into effect .

Imagine Reagan's amnesty being contingent on a fully built wall and stricter enforcement being verified by him before the first person is granted the amnesty. We would not have most of the problems we have today.

Last edited:
Reactions: NavigatorII
Joe Manchin was the final vote for 2 trillion more spending
Joe Manchin got snookered and was lied to by Biden and snakes in this administration
And Joe Manchin is dumb as rocks to believe anything his party says.

WSJ article link is only a portion.

Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act Betrayal by @Sen_JoeManchin https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-...-energy-dc37738e?reflink=share_mobilewebshare
Manchin is doing what he has to do, in order for him to win WV. He will attack Biden a lot and I expect Tester to do as well. Manchin is a smart and savvy politician, you have to be, to win WV as a Democrat.

Reactions: goldmom
Manchin is doing what he has to do, in order for him to win WV. He will attack Biden a lot and I expect Tester to do as well. Manchin is a smart and savvy politician, you have to be, to win WV as a Democrat.
There's a good chance he's not going to be reelected unless he switches parties. He shot himself in the foot big time.

Joe Manchin got snookered and was lied to by Biden and snakes in this administration

Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act Betrayal by @Sen_JoeManchin https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-...-energy-dc37738e?reflink=share_mobilewebshare
Manchin and Hiden are working together on this. Come on, man. This is all about fundraising for Manchin.

Manchin needs to make a choice. He was WARNED before he voted. If he’s so danged smart he HAD to know Ol Joey was lying. His behavior was an elaborate ruse to cover his vote and it’s fallen apart on him.
His R opponent will defeat him.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Manchin needs to make a choice. He was WARNED before he voted. If he’s so danged smart he HAD to know Ol Joey was lying. His behavior was an elaborate ruse to cover his vote and it’s fallen apart on him.
His R opponent will defeat him.
Did he REALLY think he would get the votes necessary from his party necessary to make what amounted to a worthless promise happen? Stupid. He should have told them to pass and sign a stand alone bill on what he wanted BEFORE they got his vote. Democrat "promises" ain't worth s**t.

Did he REALLY think he would get the votes necessary from his party necessary to make what amounted to a worthless promise happen? Stupid. He should have told them to pass and sign a stand alone bill on what he wanted BEFORE they got his vote. Democrat "promises" ain't worth s**t.
Stupid? He's brilliant. This is Manchin doing what he always does, going along with the dems, then screaming and yelling about how he GOT SCAMMED by the lefties.

That's how he keeps the WV voters hoodwinked. No offense, but it seems to be confusing you as well.

Manchin and Hiden are working together. Always have, always will. This is why I keep saying we can't address the problem, until we all understand what the problem is.

90% of DC is establishment. Half call themselves Ds, other half call themselves Rs.

All working together. Until we all understand that, nothing changes.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1

stop crying and F-O JOE

Manchin is traitor and is just trying save his ASS! Manchin destroyed his state and gave Americans 86 thousand new IRS storm troopers. This POS needs to lose in a massive landslide 2024

ill. This is why I keep saying we can't address the problem, until we all understand what the problem is.

90% of DC is establishment. Half call themselves Ds, other half call themselves Rs.

All working together. Until we all understand that, nothing changes.
I wish some of our slower posters and voters realized this

I do not believe he will win again...the stupid people got to see who he REALLY is. He PRETENDS to be a moderate...he is a pinko democrat
I think it depends on his opponent. He never lost a general election race in WV.

I think it depends on his opponent. He never lost a general election race in WV.

Well he never showed his TRUE roots until this bill....we will see. I am basing my opinion that WV leans more conservative than lefty. I think these people got to see who he REALLY is...a lefty demmocrat that sold them out. He is the democat version of John McCain, Mitt Romney and Liz Cheney. Votes for the party MOST of the time, but does enough with his voters to keep his job. He FAILED at getting them the pipeline that he sold for his vote to the idiot, Brandon. I think this costs him his job

Well he never showed his TRUE roots until this bill....we will see. I am basing my opinion that WV leans more conservative than lefty. I think these people got to see who he REALLY is...a lefty demmocrat that sold them out. He is the democat version of John McCain, Mitt Romney and Liz Cheney. Votes for the party MOST of the time, but does enough with his voters to keep his job. He FAILED at getting them the pipeline that he sold for his vote to the idiot, Brandon. I think this costs him his job
He's not a moderate, he's a dem.

He votes with the pubs 90% of the time, but on the 10% of votes that are CORE to the dem platform, he goes with the dems.

Same thing the RINOs do, in reverse. If they are ever close on votes and they need his vote to secure an important bill that's core to the dem party platform, he's their guy. Always.

I think he is dead man walking. This SOB is a DEMOCRAT...not a moderate. He votes blue 98% of the time.
I think he knows this too. Won't be surprised if he doesn't run next time. I will say he still prevented a LOT of stupid shit the Dims tried to push through, another 4 trillion or so, mainly when he prevented the filibuster from being done away with and letting them get away with 50% rule.

He always was this way. WV knows exactly whom they are voting for. He voted with Obama a lot as well. He won in 2018 when Trump was president and going after him. I am not a Manchin supporter and I am truly shocked that he keeps winning in that state. I just chalked it up as, he knows and understand his constituents better than us. Maybe this is the time, that he finally losses but until it happens, I will consider him the favorite.

Reactions: goldmom
I think he knows this too. Won't be surprised if he doesn't run next time. I will say he still prevented a LOT of stupid shit the Dims tried to push through, another 4 trillion or so, mainly when he prevented the filibuster from being done away with and letting them get away with 50% rule.
He will probably run on that and the PORK for WV that he added in some bills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT