ADVERTISEMENT

Bama @ Gators...

Need to score that first drive as that QB will probably get his composure back. Don't trust Grantham's mess to hold up.

Our pass defense is terrible. I think part of it is scheme, part of it is our secondary just isn't very good. And they have picked up every blitz we had tried, leaving Bama receivers wide open. Wide gap between us and them, IMO.

What a dumb mistake on dropping the ball in the end zone and letting it roll out to the 1 yard line.

Reactions: sadgator
Can we stop them. Might can win this. Our lines are matching their lines. O line wearing them down.

With Richardson starting I think we could win the SEC. We matched Bama physically so far in this game and ran it on them easy at times.

Reactions: PacoGator19
We have a long way to go to get a rematch with Bama. Yes they played well overall today and the O-line was impressive, especially run blocking. Jones grew up a lot, IMO. However, we still have to beat Tennessee, at Kentucky, Vandy, at LSU, Georgia, at South Carolina and at Missouri. Tough road games, plus Georgia in Jax. No telling how this year will turn out, but I was proud of the Gators' effort today.

Reactions: Blue/Orange
The offense is Emory's, and Grantham isn't going anywhere, so I would drop the whining about getting AR-15 in there right now and who do we have that can do better than Granny atm? The defense actually did good yesterday against Bamy. Held them to under 100 rushing, under 300 passing, had 4 3 and out drives for them and only 31 points to a team that is scoring in the 60's usually.

We lost this game on a few particular moments I believe. The missed extra point is HUGE. Obviously nobody liked that 2 point conversion play. I think the last drive we had in the 1st half was crucial as well. We had the ball on THEIR half of the field and the drive got halted by a holding penalty that started us going backwards where we ultimately had to punt the ball away and settle for 9 points going into half. If not for that holding call, we really only needed one or two more first downs and we had an easy field goal. That extra 3 points meant a lot going into halftime but at the end of the game, it meant the difference between winning and losing. So many places we could have improved but we DID prove we can run the ball on anyone and that our lines are physical enough to play with anyone this year. I do not expect us to lose a game in the trenches this year.

Quit banging on the defense so much, they literally shut Bama's run down and were actually getting pressure on the Bamy QB. For such a young secondary, those guys while they got torched in the 1st quarter and had TERRIBLE open field tackling, did improve as the game went on. Then penalties was a load of bullshot though.

The offense is Emory's, and Grantham isn't going anywhere, so I would drop the whining about getting AR-15 in there right now and who do we have that can do better than Granny atm? The defense actually did good yesterday against Bamy. Held them to under 100 rushing, under 300 passing, had 4 3 and out drives for them and only 31 points to a team that is scoring in the 60's usually.

We lost this game on a few particular moments I believe. The missed extra point is HUGE. Obviously nobody liked that 2 point conversion play. I think the last drive we had in the 1st half was crucial as well. We had the ball on THEIR half of the field and the drive got halted by a holding penalty that started us going backwards where we ultimately had to punt the ball away and settle for 9 points going into half. If not for that holding call, we really only needed one or two more first downs and we had an easy field goal. That extra 3 points meant a lot going into halftime but at the end of the game, it meant the difference between winning and losing. So many places we could have improved but we DID prove we can run the ball on anyone and that our lines are physical enough to play with anyone this year. I do not expect us to lose a game in the trenches this year.

Quit banging on the defense so much, they literally shut Bama's run down and were actually getting pressure on the Bamy QB. For such a young secondary, those guys while they got torched in the 1st quarter and had TERRIBLE open field tackling, did improve as the game went on. Then penalties was a load of bullshot though.
I agree about the defense. Played pretty well after Q1. Pleasantly surprised. There are still some fundamental issues, though. Bammer had just enough misfires and drops to stall themselves. The slant over the middle that Young threw behind his guy was a sure touchdown.

On the O, as somebody earlier said, Jones played better once it was established he was going to go the whole game. Evidently he needs to either be the guy or not the guy. If he's going to be the guy, then Mullen could go back to the traditional route of playing the backup in games where the outcome is no longer in doubt. AR's hamstring could end up being a good thing (with the understanding that he will recover 100% from it and not have lingering issues) as it has forced the team to go with just one guy, and a high functioning Jones looks to be a solid general for this offense.

As I've said many times, I have no favorites. I don't GAS who's playing or who's coaching, as long as we're winning.

I don't know how it looked on the TV, but in the stands, it looked like several of those receivers ran poor routes or had the ball hit them in the hands and they just didn't hold on for a catch. So I don't fully put 100% of the passing issues on Emory. We've seen too little of AR15 to really know if he's THAT damn good as he's shown us so far. He's not #1 so clearly the coaches see more than us especially in practices.

I am happy that we have a run game and if we can run for over 250 yards on Bama, we can run the ball on anyone and a running game at least will keep you in football games. The lines are a good story too, both O and D seem to be strong and physical and held up to the juggernaut that is the bama lines, even to the end of the game we were giving as well as we got. I do believe that Bama's QB had more pressure and hurries from us than Emory did from their D on the entire day.

I am sick and tired of moral victories but we got the Georgia monkey off our back last year. That butt sniffing mother-humping sister-marrying monkey... Can't quite get rid of the tick that is Alabama that continues to feed off of our blood, but we are close. We are on the cusp. The only moral victory I take away at this point is that we had over 2 dozen recruits in there last night and they were ALL impressed by Florida and the game day experience.

I thought that the siren from The Purge on 3rd downs was glorious. Whoever thought up that was pure genius as that took the atmosphere and the crowd to a whole new level. Singing for Tom Petty at the end of the 3rd was the loudest I've heard it yet in the stadium. I can't imagine any school puts on a better game day experience like that right now.

Reactions: PacoGator19
I don't know how it looked on the TV, but in the stands, it looked like several of those receivers ran poor routes or had the ball hit them in the hands and they just didn't hold on for a catch. So I don't fully put 100% of the passing issues on Emory. We've seen too little of AR15 to really know if he's THAT damn good as he's shown us so far. He's not #1 so clearly the coaches see more than us especially in practices.

I am happy that we have a run game and if we can run for over 250 yards on Bama, we can run the ball on anyone and a running game at least will keep you in football games. The lines are a good story too, both O and D seem to be strong and physical and held up to the juggernaut that is the bama lines, even to the end of the game we were giving as well as we got. I do believe that Bama's QB had more pressure and hurries from us than Emory did from their D on the entire day.

I am sick and tired of moral victories but we got the Georgia monkey off our back last year. That butt sniffing mother-humping sister-marrying monkey... Can't quite get rid of the tick that is Alabama that continues to feed off of our blood, but we are close. We are on the cusp. The only moral victory I take away at this point is that we had over 2 dozen recruits in there last night and they were ALL impressed by Florida and the game day experience.

I thought that the siren from The Purge on 3rd downs was glorious. Whoever thought up that was pure genius as that took the atmosphere and the crowd to a whole new level. Singing for Tom Petty at the end of the 3rd was the loudest I've heard it yet in the stadium. I can't imagine any school puts on a better game day experience like that right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT