ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone still think it was smart passing up on Bobby Petrino for Coach Mac?

Zoni_Gator

Green Machine
Sep 20, 2014
On a different board, a bunch of high and mighty types held their nose at the thought of Petrino. I wonder if they'd like to trade at this point. I wanted him then, I'd trade in a second. Coach Mac just isn't it. He's not a game day coach or a good enough recruiter to ever be more than pretty good. He's in the Charlie Pelll / Galen Hall level. He just won't ever be elite. Not his fault. Just isn't in him.

Reactions: MVPs and zengator
I was begging for petrino; not sure Mac I'd a bad hire yet but patrino was a slam dunk. Although given our facilities, football budget, and recruiting budget we may not be as good of a job.

Too many motorcycles/sexy female GA's

Its like employing a recovering alcoholic in a brewery.

XVTppOX.gif

Reactions: sadgator
It's a legitimacy query as they are clearly easy better than if right now. That isn't going to change for a while

Yeah and then when he flakes out again in 2-3 seasons where would we be? Hell why not go after Mike Price or Mike Leach.

What he did was nothing that couldn't happen to any dude after a lapse in judgement. He rallied well.

We are looking more and more like Bama, take a chill pill. Just like the economy, were will have some bumps in the road.

More and more like bama under Debose? Shula? Gator football has been a punchline since the 2009 seccg

More and more like bama under Debose? Shula? Gator football has been a punchline since the 2009 seccg

I should have known better than to come on here so soon. Mix a cocktail and look at what happened to LSU. Ooohsa!

He has that one breakout player that played lights out. I don't think he is better as a coach.

Petrino is a great coach with huge personal and administrative risk. Louisville is a perfect situation because they're primarily a basketball school with little historical football success. He's taking them to new heights. If it blows up, so what? He's not going to burn the AD, cede recruiting territory to rivals, or damage the brand.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLinOrlando
On a different board, a bunch of high and mighty types held their nose at the thought of Petrino. I wonder if they'd like to trade at this point. I wanted him then, I'd trade in a second. Coach Mac just isn't it. He's not a game day coach or a good enough recruiter to ever be more than pretty good. He's in the Charlie Pelll / Galen Hall level. He just won't ever be elite. Not his fault. Just isn't in him.
I can tell you don't know what you hatched from when you start talking trash about Charlie Pell. Take your panties off and wipe your lady parts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT