ADVERTISEMENT

And meanwhile...

Chip Kelly is 4-8...
Scott Frost is 5-7...
Harbaugh can’t beat Ohio St...
and Miami just lost to Duke...
Puke has a football team? I do know their basketball coach has the face of a rat.
CoachKsneer.jpg

rat.jpg

Mich, Miami and U LA are all shit shows

Frost isn’t necessarily the problem at Nebraska. Taking an entire second tier coaching staff is all on him. But who the hell are you going to recruit to come to Nebraska.
Nebraska could be good again if they go back to their roots and run big boy smash mouth ball. But trying to be revved-up sports car offense probably ain’t a good fit.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Nebraska could be good again if they go back to their roots and run big boy smash mouth ball. But trying to be revved-up sports car offense probably ain’t a good fit.
Yep!! Been saying this since the day they tried to change things up.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

Frost isn’t necessarily the problem at Nebraska. Taking an entire second tier coaching staff is all on him. But who the hell are you going to recruit to come to Nebraska.

well to your previous point, maybe you hire a P5 quality staff that knows how to recruit.

I know I know....he hasn’t been coaching long so doesn’t have many connections but good grief.

UCLA could come around. Year 2 was an improvement, and he went 4-5 in conference, if they had scheduled a couple Alabama State-type teams they could have been bowl eligible (like another school I could mention- the one that is only bowl eligible because Louisiana-Monroe missed the XP).

Reactions: ih8f$u
well to your previous point, maybe you hire a P5 quality staff that knows how to recruit.

I know I know....he hasn’t been coaching long so doesn’t have many connections but good grief.

HE probably doesn’t have the connections. BUT I would bet if he called around there are some Big 10 experienced DC’s out there. For goodness sake call a Michigan or Wisconsin or OSU defensive assistant and offer a promotion. Someone who knows the conference. But don’t keep your buddies around just because.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Nebraska effectively committed suicide when it left the Big 12...

I'm not sure about this. I imagine joining the Big 10 over the Big 12 is a complete no-brainer. It's a more prestigious league, is better academically, has its own tv network and pays its member teams more. Maybe NU can't recruit well enough anymore to compete with OSU and Michigan, but I don't see why it couldn't be at Wisky's level with the right guy running the program.

I grew up a Nebraska fan, and those great teams through the 80s and 90s got everybody in the midwest and they always had a handful of difference makers from the coasts (i.e. Tommie Frazier, Steve Taylor, Irving Fryar, Mike Rozier, Terrell Farley). It doesn't look like they can get those guys anymore.

One thing that has probably hurt them is that they had such an identifiable style and were such a big deal regionally, that every high school played that power I option. Nebraska kids like Scott Frost and Ahman Green, and all their o-lineman, grew up playing it and just knew how to play it when they got to Lincoln.

I haven't watched them much this year. But I would hope that Frost tries to install a lot of those power I concepts into his running game, because I don't think he's going to recruit the speed to spread everybody out. Works for Wisconsin.

I'm not sure about this. I imagine joining the Big 10 over the Big 12 is a complete no-brainer. It's a more prestigious league, is better academically, has its own tv network and pays its member teams more. Maybe NU can't recruit well enough anymore to compete with OSU and Michigan, but I don't see why it couldn't be at Wisky's level with the right guy running the program.

I grew up a Nebraska fan, and those great teams through the 80s and 90s got everybody in the midwest and they always had a handful of difference makers from the coasts (i.e. Tommie Frazier, Steve Taylor, Irving Fryar, Mike Rozier, Terrell Farley). It doesn't look like they can get those guys anymore.

One thing that has probably hurt them is that they had such an identifiable style and were such a big deal regionally, that every high school played that power I option. Nebraska kids like Scott Frost and Ahman Green, and all their o-lineman, grew up playing it and just knew how to play it when they got to Lincoln.

I haven't watched them much this year. But I would hope that Frost tries to install a lot of those power I concepts into his running game, because I don't think he's going to recruit the speed to spread everybody out. Works for Wisconsin.
They did it for the money but don’t think it was the best thing for their football program as far as results go, etc. Yes the move was all about the money.

Nebraska effectively committed suicide when it left the NO DEFENSE Big 12...

Fixed that for ya... ;) -- :D

Just a trival FYI.

4-8 UCLA - No Bowl for 2nd year Cow-chip Kelly
UCLA lost to AAC Cincy - (Cincy 0 - 42 tOSU)
UCLA lost to MWC SDSt - (SDSt 13 - 17 Nev)
(has the LAC12 put any team in the CFP yet?) :confused:

5-7 Nebraska - No Bowl for 2nd year Frostie the snowed man...
Neb 7 - 48 tOSU - (AAC Cincy 0 - 42 tOSU)
Neb 7 - 34 Minn -
(maybe Neb should have instead joined the AAC) :cool:

I don’t follow it that closely but the Big 12 gave Nebraska better Texas ties

While the Big Ten is bigger and higher profile it may have caused Nebraska to have a more difficult time getting as many elite athletes. They have had a few good years since the move but have not been remotely close to elite

Pellini went something like 9-4 every year. They want more. Prior to this Saban run the last decade, Nebraska and Alabama were actually pretty similar in the television age, with an edge arguably to Nebraska. Nebraska won national titles in 70-71, 94, 95, 97, and played for one in many other seasons, obviously 1983 and 2001

Alabama won in 78-79 and 92. Got real close in several other years in the 1970s and maybe 1994 and 1996?

Alabama got it back. Oklahoma left and got it back. Notre Dame has struggled a bit but did make the playoffs last year and played for a title in 2012. Michigan has been off the national title radar for a while but have had some good years

But nothing close for Nebraska since 2001

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT