ADVERTISEMENT

Alligators 2 Omaha final 8

That was a Christmas gift handed to Florida if I’ve never seen one before!!! Omaha Bound Go Gators!!!!

Give credit to Auburn for continually making plays to keep runs off the board, but some of those plays were verging on lucky. Langworthy should have won the game twice already, and he hammered that last ball. I thought we were going to lose until Byrne came in. I think he would have gone another two innings. He is a great Gator.

I’m going out on a limb and I’m going to say it’s going to be MSST and UF in the Championship game!!!! MSST is the very hot team right now. They are the only team that scares me.

Oregon State is a great team, plus they're the only team besides the Gators who were in Omaha last year.

I don’t understand how they matchup the opening games. You’ve got national seeds playing in three game ones and two unseeded teams playing in the other.

Given the importance of game 1, and the fact that everyone is playing in the same location, I don’t get why they wouldn’t re-seed the CWS.

It probably doesn’t matter much. MSU and Washington can beat you. It’s just odd.

I don’t understand how they matchup the opening games. You’ve got national seeds playing in three game ones and two unseeded teams playing in the other.

Given the importance of game 1, and the fact that everyone is playing in the same location, I don’t get why they wouldn’t re-seed the CWS.

It probably doesn’t matter much. MSU and Washington can beat you. It’s just odd.
They set the brackets the same time they announce the Regional tournaments and Top 16 seeds, just like they do for softball. The teams who upset the seeds just take their place in the brackets. If all the seeds had won out, we would be playing Georgia in our first game and then if we won that game we would be playing the winner of Arkansas/Ole Miss (Tenn. Tech upset Ole Miss and then lost to Texas). At least this way we don't play an SEC team in our 1st game and 2nd game, win or lose Game 1.

Oregon State is a great team, plus they're the only team besides the Gators who were in Omaha last year.
Oregon State still has the pitcher who molested his own niece. I know college sports is a dirty business but having a child molester as one of the star players is disgusting. I will be rooting for whatever team plays them

Reactions: 96FSU
Oregon State still has the pitcher who molested his own niece. I know college sports is a dirty business but having a child molester as one of the star players is disgusting. I will be rooting for whatever team plays them
Yeah that's a tough one. I remember that from last year and he didn't play in the CWS because of the distraction it would cause. Yet, he's their ace this year! It happened when he was 15 and she was 6. He denies it, but signed a guilty plea to put it behind him and avoid jail time. Hard to believe you would plead guilty to felony child molestation if it wasn't true. Doesn't help the girl much, but should people forgive and give a 2nd chance? The Beavers obviously decided to do that, but would they have been so forgiving if he wasn't a great pitcher? MLB refused to draft him in spite of his ability. Should he be forever stigmatized? Pretty sure he's permanently listed as a sexual predator in those databases. I've always pulled for the non-California Pac-12 teams and have generally liked the Oregon St. baseball program, but this makes it more difficult. Here's a link about it.
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...-is-somehow-allowed-to-return-to-the-diamond/

Last edited:
Lame-Worthy no,,,, Dang-Worthy YES!!! ---- Heerrreee'sss Johnny!
So,,, Thank You Mr. Langworthy. :)

And as I said earlier, NO WORRIES MATES.... :cool:
-----
Hey guys, teams and fans both,
we owe these guys a BIG PUNCH in the MOUTH!

Dallas, TX Round of 32 -- March 17, 2018 -- UF 66 - 69 TxTech :mad:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT